• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulba of the Valley Conference (Gen 4 Random Battle Tournament)

Tournament Start

• It's time to start the tournament!
    With 17p total, I needed some time to figure out how to set things up but this is how we will do things. I present you
    The Tournament Brackets
    (I'll also put this link in the OP)

For the group stage, groups have been divided into 6 groups. Each containing 3 players, with one containing only 2
    Each player's name is shown in the following format: "ForumName / ShowdownName". I a player has only a single name shown, it means they have the same username on both platforms.

Progressing in the group stage
    So what does this mean for the progression. Several things
    • Players in group F are guaranteed to progress to the next stage. All players have been randomised by the system. The players in F coudl be considered lucky.
    • The Winner bracket of the 2nd phase will contain 8 players. The 6 first placing players of each group and 2 additional players
    -- Although the site mentioned Group A and B for now, I will manually change that to the 2 best 2nd place players. I will compare all 2nd place players to each other and rank them as if they were in the same group. The top 2 players will earn a winners bracket spot.
    -- For balancing purposes, as well as score simplicity, the F group second place player will be excluded from this as they have no opportunity to get kicked out in the first round.

Group stage period
    Since most players need to play 2 matches in the group stage, I am allowing a 2 week period to play your matches in.
    Please make contact with your opponent privately (or make a group chat if that is easier). Please try to keep your planning out of this general thread to keep an overview.
    Casual chatting about the tournament is allowed and even encouraged here.
    Remember that the winner must post a replay of their match in this thread.

Below the countdown timer till the end of the group stage, make sure you play your matches before that.
    Countdown (In just over 48h from this post, 21st Sep at 8pm CEST)

For the general tournament rules, please refer to the OP.

Please confirm you've read this and are still active in the tournament to make sure everyone is still in. If you have not confirmed in 1 week from now I might have to remove you from the tournament.

Good luck and have fun!

Back
    Top Bottom