• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle Association

Reaction score
Bulbagarden Battle Association(BBA) is a first of its kind here at bulbagarden. It introduces a unique and new battle format which is highly addicting and fun.

Details
For those of you who do not know what a battle association is; I will explain it for you here. A battling association consists of 16 teams each owned by a head coach. The season will consist of 15 weeks in the regular season then the play-offs will start. All 16 teams will be split into 4 divisions.

The Drafting Process:
In order for teams to pick up pokemon to use on their team, a draft will be used to see which pokemon will go to each team. Once a pokemon has been drafted(a.k.a. selected), that specific pokemon MAY NOT be drafted by another team. In simpler terms, a specific pokemon can only be on one team. For Example: If Alex drafts Pikachu, no other team can draft Pikachu.

The draft will be done in a serpentine ladder(first seed to last seed, last seed to first seed) where the names of the teams involved will be randomized into a draft seed. Once the draft seeds have been decided, the teams will proceed to draft 3 pokemon from the 4 standard smogon tiers(OU, UU, RU, NU). Each tier will consist of 3 rounds. The draft order will be randomized for each tier, which means that because you have the first seed in OU doesn’t mean you will have the first seed in UU. The orders for round 1 will have the 1st seed draft down until the 16th seed selects their pokemon. Round 2 will go from the 16th seed drafting up until the 1st seed selects their pokemon for round 2. Round 3 will have the same draft order as round 1. Now there is one final rule I haven’t covered for drafting. Players CAN NOT select pokemon from a tier above or below the selected tier, but NU MAY draft from PU or lower.

OU, UU, RU, NU will each have their own separate draft order. For OU you may have the 16th pick but for UU you might have the 1st or 2nd pick.

In order for a coach to use a Mega Evolution, he/she must use one of the picks in which that Pokemon's Mega Evolution is placed. For example, if a coach wishes to use Mega Pinsir, he/she must draft Pinsir with one of his/her OU slots.

If you want a mega pinsir you must draft it in OU! You cannot draft pinsir in his lower tier and then claim him as your mega! This is the only lower tier draft exception for OU/UU/RU!

The draft will be held one week after all 16 spots are filled. The drafting will take place on a group chat or group PM here on bulbagarden, if not the draft can take place on Showdown.

The Season:
The Season will consist of 15 weeks, with 8 battles taking place each week. Battles will be played in-game with only the Pokemon coaches drafted. Each coach will face-off against the 15 other coaches in random order in order to see who advances to the post-season. The top eight teams with the best records will proceed to the play-offs.

The Play-Offs:
After the regular season ends, the Top 8 teams with the best records will compete in a small tournament consisting of 3 rounds going from 8 teams to four teams to two teams. The winner of the finals will be crowned with the title of BBA Champion.

Trading:
Like in sports, teams will be able to trade Pokemon that they see no future need for in order to invest in the Pokemon of another team. Again, coaches may not trade team members for Pokemon that were not drafted. Trades will not be allowed until Week 2 of the regular season, in order to make sure that the coach sees no future use of his/her Pokemon.

Requirements to compete:
Must be an active user who will complete battles on time
Post below saying your interested

Feel free to come up with creative team names and get art made for the league, it's a good investment if things go well and we have multiple seasons! If you wish to reserve a sweet team name post below. (Examples: New York Mankees, Chicago Granbulls, etc.)

That about wraps up the rules and specifications of the draft, and I hope this answers the questions that most of you would have to ask. Anything else you may be wondering please submit to the F.A.Q.

Teams:
1. Arizona Talonflames-Fieryfennekin

(Battles will take place on showdown. Unless we can find genners that can help supply people who can't gen themselves mon. Only way for a wifi battle possibility to be included.)

Im actually really interested, but I don't know if I will be able to. If it can star in like a week I will be able to though. So if it starts in a week you can include me if it takes longer even better for me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom