• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [CLOSED]

Reaction score
Banner6_zps62335c67.jpg

Thank you to all who participated for Season 0!
---------------
Welcome to the Bulbagarden Battle League! Take the challenge and play against actual gym leaders on a quest to get badges and make your way to the Elite 4! The BBL is here to give you put your teams to the test and to hone your battling skills. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or just finding your way in the world of battling, we welcome you!

Season 1 of the BBL is open and will close on May 26!

At this point we will be accepting early signups and we'd be glad to answer any questions you may have before starting. We will also be accepting all participants who sign up throughout the season if you join us later on.

When signing up please provide your 3DS FC and trainer name. Have fun and hope to see you soon!
---------------
Format: Single Battle, Normal Rules, 6 versus 6
Clauses:
  • Pokémon above OU are banned (The latest XY tiers can be found here: XY Tiers - Smogon University)
  • Species Clause (Two or more of the same Pokémon may not be used on the same team.)
  • Sleep Clause (Two or more Pokémon on a team cannot be asleep at the same time. Self-induced sleep via Rest does not count.)
  • Item Clause (All Pokémon on a team must hold different items.)
  • Evasion Clause (Moves that boost evasion i.e. Double Team and Minimize are not allowed.)
  • OHKO Clause (One-Hit KO moves are not allowed.)
  • Banned items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite
  • Banned abilities: Moody
  • Banned moves: Swagger

League:
  • A challenger will challenge the league using a team of 6 Pokémon and 3 substitutes. (9 Pokémon total)
  • You are free to change your lineup of 9 Pokémon as often as you want, given that you have not won any badges.
  • Upon winning your first badge, your lineup of 9 Pokémon cannot be changed. This includes changing natures, Abilities, items, moves, EVs/IVs, etc. on any member of your team.
  • Challengers may fight against the gym leaders in any order.
  • Gym leaders may change their lineup without prior notice.
  • If a challenger loses, they may not request a rematch with that gym leader until 24 hours have passed.

Elite Four:
  • After obtaining at least 8 badges you will be able to challenge the Elite 4.
  • To complete the season you will need to win against all members of the Elite 4 undefeated.
  • Like in the games, use a team of 6 out of those 9 Pokémon in an attempt to defeat all members of the Elite 4 .
  • Losses against any member of the Elite 4 will cause your E4 progress to be reset, requiring you to challenge all 4 members again.
  • At the beginning of the challenge or following a reset of your progress, you can change your team within the team of 9 that was used to get to the Elite 4.
  • You may not change your lineup in the middle of your challenge (if you have any current E4 victories).

Battles:
  • Any battle between a challenger and gym leader is recognized as an official gym battle.
  • Send notifications to gym leaders before challenging them to a battle. No random battle requests.
  • Any disruption of a battle will award the victory to the gym leader. Any persistent issues with disconnection may be brought up with the BBL.
  • A disconnected match will count as a battle and rematches will follow the same mechanic as above.
  • Be courteous and respectful to your opponent.

*Team lineups of challengers will not be shared between gym leaders. Any issues may be brought up with the BBL.
-------------
Gym Leaders:
Psychic [sharkshocker]
3DS FC: 3394-3742-8499
Trainer name: Kevin

Flying [Cressy]
3DS FC: 1091-7498-1344
Trainer Name: Kelly

Fighting [Loakedout]
3DS FC: 0817-4490-4166
Trainer Name: Loakedout

Fairy [BadAssGardevoir]
3DS FC: 2363-6506-3033
Trainer Name: Alex

Bug [BadAssGardevoir]
3DS FC: 2363-6506-3033
Trainer Name: Alex

Rock [Codface]
3DS FC: 3024-5047-4892
Trainer Name: John

Ice [X Dragoon]
3DS FC: 5026-4464-6733
Trainer Name: Cobalt

Poison [JustTheFx]
3DS FC: 2466-2920-6005
Trainer Name: Jeffay

Fire [Cloud Strife718]
3DS FC: 3582-9334-1839
Trainer Name: Maverick

Dragon [TheRealJDawgz]
3DS FC: 1590-4826-6540
Trainer Name: JDawgz

Electric [Sonic Neko]
3DS FC: 2595-0003-0803
Trainer Name: Kestron

The Ice gym will be closed until the end of the season.

Elite Four:
Dark [-Glory Blaze-]
3DS FC: 3754-8456-7753
Trainer Name: Serena

Steel [Lunacy]
3DS FC: 4253-4478-0493
Trainer Name: Mani

Water [AnybodyAgrees]
3DS FC: 4725-8612-4948
Trainer Name: Samuel

Ground [BadAssKoala]
3DS FC: 3668-8127-4779
Trainer Name: Doug
Participants: Upon defeating a gym leader a ★ shall be placed next to your trainer name.
ChallengerTrainer Name3DS FC
Squirtle ShadesDylan 4210-4984-3543
Gard81Arcee 0447-6644-8531
ApawnHayden 0061-0809-4165
DragonEspeonRED 1134-8042-2719
Mr.EMr. E4854-6522-8591
I400Willie 2251-5426-9129
AlexeyAlexey 4570-8235-1086
YanshaIgor5043-1211-3522
MadRamAlex 0817-3796-4662
happymeal555Rhydian2793-0663-1626
hakiobohakiobo0404-6606-7984
TerraTFTerra 1891-1448-3702
Fairy Type ArceusFrank3153-4454-8518
POKEMONMASTER260Jonathan3050-8495-6726
Dark Chocolate하나미야3454-1450-7119
MachDragonXScott 0147-0109-5669
Master MewMatt 2595-1198-0821
drmmerdyan00Dylan0645-5962-8791
AkimboIsaac 1993-8253-5060
Player1DFBDaniel1950-8801-8659
Farfetchd the VigilanteHoney3952-7731-0975
White CrowLiza 2723-9410-4398
ambiiguousMicah 2809-8767-4033
Wlid Jr.Wild Jr3540-0923-8026
Phantom16Scott 3582-9077-2660
AnybodyAgreesSamuel4725-8612-4948
Professor JaredYuu5000-2971-5028
Blue CobraNikolaj 3454-0728-9992

Last edited:
Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [Preliminary Signups]

The new Gym Leaders and Elite Four members will be announced Tuesday!(If they haven't leaked already)

I have a question, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.

When will Season 2 start? The reason I ask is because I will only get my 3DS and X/Y in late March/April, so I would like to know whether I should register now or wait it out.

Thank You!
-Wild Jr.

When will Season 2 start? The reason I ask is because I will only get my 3DS and X/Y in late March/April, so I would like to know whether I should register now or wait it out.

Thank You!
-Wild Jr.
Season 1 (and all subsequent seasons) will last 13 weeks, followed by an off-season of 3 weeks. Going by that, Season 1 will end on May 26.

You can sign up at any point throughout the season so if you want to join us once you get your system that's fine. We're just opening up early to give people more time to get ready, as well as answer any questions people may have. :)

Thank You!
-Wild Jr.
Season 1 (and all subsequent seasons) will last 13 weeks, followed by an off-season of 3 weeks. Going by that, Season 1 will end on May 26.

You can sign up at any point throughout the season so if you want to join us once you get your system that's fine. We're just opening up early to give people more time to get ready, as well as answer any questions people may have. :)

Okay, thanks! I'll sign up in March/April then.

I'm down. 305084956726.

Haven't played a forum tourney in years. This'll be good.

Why item clause? That's far from standard and doesn't really make the meta any more interesting or fun, I don't think it's been standard (which seems to be what you're playing) in two generations.

Why item clause? That's far from standard and doesn't really make the meta any more interesting or fun, I don't think it's been standard (which seems to be what you're playing) in two generations.

It's an attempt to encourage creativity, since this is designed primarily for new players. Sticking Lefties/Life Orb on everything is certainly viable but there are a lot of great items out there, so this forces players to experiment with them. :)

Are we to sign-up here or?

How often can we re-challenge the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, in case of a loss?

How often can we re-challenge the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, in case of a loss?

24 hours must elapse before you challenge a Leader or E4 who has defeated you. :)

I'd like to sign up! Here's my friend code: 4210-4984-3543 Trainer Name: Dylan

It's an attempt to encourage creativity, since this is designed primarily for new players. Sticking Lefties/Life Orb on everything is certainly viable but there are a lot of great items out there, so this forces players to experiment with them. :)

....but you're using smogon's tiers, banlists and every other rule they have, pushing creativity away. I'm not sure that really fosters creativity as much as harms team building, a centralized item metagame doesn't create a less challenging or fun environment.

....but you're using smogon's tiers, banlists and every other rule they have, pushing creativity away. I'm not sure that really fosters creativity as much as harms team building, a centralized item metagame doesn't create a less challenging or fun environment.

Smogon tiers and ban lists provide a balanced and competitive environment, not an unoriginal one. Item Clause does not increase challenge or fun, like you said, but it does force you to think during the teambuilding process - you can't just c/p 6 Smogon sets onto your team, or if you did, you'd have to switch items around - Rocky Helmet on something that used to have Leftovers, Assault Vest instead of Choice Band on a bulky all-out attacker, etc.

I'd like to sign up! Here's my friend code: 4210-4984-3543 Trainer Name: Dylan
Thanks for signing up and good luck!

The main purpose of applying clauses to the league is to provide a balanced metagame and encourage creativity in teambuilding. We want to promote creative teams that allow strategic and fun battles rather than have newer players deal with gyms that can abuse evasion, item clause, or what have you.

Granted these rules do not apply to how Nintendo runs their tournaments. However it helps provide a stable environment for new players to grow and for those familiar with the rules to play in a format to which they are accustomed.

I'd like to try. My FC is 0447 6644 8531. Trainer name: Arcee.

Then I'll sign up. I'll have enough time to buff-up my team.

5043-1211-3522, name is Igor

and a question. I can use field moves?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom