• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [OPEN]

Sure it's Yuu and my friend code is 5000-2971-5028

Question: Are Gym closures reflected in the OP? If not, could they be?

I've sent a couple PMs to one of the leaders requesting a battle without reply and it only just occurred to me that their Gym may be closed, which makes me look like a douche if I keep PM'ing them while they're closed, and the possibility dissuades me from PM'ing them further even if they aren't. Is the only way to know which Gyms are open to sift every page of the thread?

Question: Are Gym closures reflected in the OP? If not, could they be?

I've sent a couple PMs to one of the leaders requesting a battle without reply and it only just occurred to me that their Gym may be closed, which makes me look like a douche if I keep PM'ing them while they're closed, and the possibility dissuades me from PM'ing them further even if they aren't. Is the only way to know which Gyms are open to sift every page of the thread?
Thanks for the suggestion. I know that we announce gym closures whenever possible but they can get lost in the thread so I see what you mean. We'll try to work out a system to help challengers see when gyms are closed.

Off the top of my head I know that Cressy (Flying) has a limited schedule right now because of exams, as well as X Dragoon (Ice) who will be unavailable until about the end of the week.

Nah, I'm open again, but my schedule's still tight.

I beat the fire gym:)

UPDATE: People have been asking for clarification regarding battling the Elite 4, so we'll add some things to help clear things up. This information will also be reflected on the OP.
- Use the same lineup of 9 Pokemon that was used when you collected the 8 badges when challenging the Elite 4.
- Like in the games, use a team of 6 out of those 9 in an attempt to defeat all members of the Elite 4 without losing. You are not allowed to change your team while you have any victories.
- At the beginning of the challenge or following a reset of your progress, you can change your team within the team of 9 that was used to get to the Elite 4.
---------------

@DragonEspeon has defeated the Elite 4, congratulations!

Wow superbobbobbob3 is on a role here.

Just letting you guys know that I won't be able to battle between the 25th and the 28th due to the 2014 April Friendly.

Same here as well. April Friendly. I also have work the following weekend so itll be closed then as well. Dates are in my signature.

I would like to sign up for this challenge!

My 3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. My Trainer name is Nikolaj.

I would like to sign up for this challenge!

My 3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. My Trainer name is Nikolaj.
Sure thing, welcome aboard! I've added you to our challenger roster, just take a look at our rules and once you have a team ready feel free to contact one of our gym leaders for a battle. Best of luck :)

@Squirtle Shades @Apawn @TerraTF @ambiiguous @I400 @MachDragonX @Alexey

To our current gym applicants and for those aspiring to sign up as a gym leader:

This season we'll be having screening matches for our challengers as part of their gym leader application. The Elite 4 have graciously volunteered to battle our gym applicants where they will be tested for their battling skill.

Regarding these battles:
- The Elite 4 will be using teams following Smogon's OU rules. These teams will NOT be mono-type and consist of different team strategies (Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Semi-Stall, Stall)
- To help speed the process along, screening battles will be done using Pokemon Showdown!.
- Applicants do not need to use the teams they used during Season 1, they will be free to build new teams for these battles. We will also use this to get a view of your teambuilding.
- Applicants will not be allowed to change their team in these matches. You will use the same team throughout all 4 screening matches.
- Clauses/rules will still follow the rules of the BBL, i.e. Item Clause will still be in effect.
- Applicants will battle each Elite 4 member once. If a match is disrupted it will be up to the evaluator how to address the situation.
- Try to complete these battles in a timely manner.

*Please send me a PM with your team composition, this will help us evaluate your application and teambuilding in the event you don't get to complete your battles.

While you should do your best to win these matches, victory is not the only thing we evaluate and losing doesn't mean that you'll be out of the running. When contacting the Elite 4 let them know that you are challenging them to be evaluated to prevent confusion with your current league challenge. Best of luck to our applicants! :)

I can almost guarantee y'all will hate my by the time this is over, 'cause guess who has full stall? :D

Erm... how much time do we have?
I kinda want to invent a new gimmick which would be effective (at least under circumstances that aren't completely unrealistic). That requires either a stroke of genius, or some time. :D
[though I probably will end up with something relatively (relatively!) generic]

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom