• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 1 [OPEN]

I still would prefer to apply for the Normal gym slot, but I would also be cool with being the Bug gym leader.

So, Normal would be first while Bug would be second priority.

For those that are interested I will be opening a temporary Bug gym so that there is a Bug leader to challenge while gym leader aplicants are being assessed (the position of Bug leader is still open and my Bug gym will close when the BBL makes a decision regarding the actual Bug leader).

It's not about the Pokes, it's about the movesets. I sometimes change them without changing the Pokemon themselves, and I know for a fact that I did that with about a half of the pokemon I used. The only way to figure the moves out would be to go through all my gym and E4 (effectively, @Lunacy; :D) battle videos. And that is so painful and time-consuming that it's just not worth it

Following In-Game I'm sure move changing can be done. I changed minor moves myself between my badge wins.

No, move changes are illegal. That also means that if you've own since changing your moves you have to give up those badges. :/
Yes, any victories acquired after the moveset change would have to be voided unfortunately :( I'll try to look through the battle videos and see how far back the changes are, though at the very least you will be allowed to keep the first badge.

If the changes are minor enough then it should be fine for you to revert back to the original moveset and get those victories again. We understand that it's a bit of a burden being forced to not change your movesets throughout the season but it's for the sake of minimizing counter-building and promoting proper battling (working with the team that you have and recognizing their strengths/weaknesses)
Yeah, Section "League", rule number 3

"Upon winning your first badge, your lineup of 9 Pokémon cannot be changed. This includes changing natures, Abilities, items, moves, EVs/IVs, etc. on any member of your team."

And the only clarification (which was, tbh, a slight altertaion of the rule, because "as is" it requires that all 9 pokes have to be defined prior to the very first gym battle) was concerning the issue of 3 extra Pokemon
Yeah that's a bit of a loophole as we have no way to enforce knowing what the 3 substitutes are except for directly asking, which understandably can be a bit dodgy. It's kinda balanced out by the fact that you will still be limited to 9 Pokemon going against a large variety of gyms as well as the Elite 4. We are monitoring the situation and are trying to strike a balance to allow flexibility while minimizing counter-building.

It's not about the Pokes, it's about the movesets. I sometimes change them without changing the Pokemon themselves, and I know for a fact that I did that with about a half of the pokemon I used. The only way to figure the moves out would be to go through all my gym and E4 (effectively, @Lunacy; :D) battle videos. And that is so painful and time-consuming that it's just not worth it

Following In-Game I'm sure move changing can be done. I changed minor moves myself between my badge wins.

No, move changes are illegal. That also means that if you've own since changing your moves you have to give up those badges. :/
Yes, any victories acquired after the moveset change would have to be voided unfortunately :( I'll try to look through the battle videos and see how far back the changes are, though at the very least you will be allowed to keep the first badge.

If the changes are minor enough then it should be fine for you to revert back to the original moveset and get those victories again. We understand that it's a bit of a burden being forced to not change your movesets throughout the season but it's for the sake of minimizing counter-building and promoting proper battling (working with the team that you have and recognizing their strengths/weaknesses)

I think I only changed a move on one of my Pokemon and it technically could count as my 9th Pokemon as I only had 8 total used between both battles.

Beat X Dragoon. Also since I restarted my game my IGN is now Terra.

Last edited:

We'll sound like someone gives daily news during the leaged, cool.

I would like to confirm my set of 9 Pokemon for this season. Can someone tell me if all of them are legal?

1. Delphox holding TBD
  2. Blaziken holding Blazikenite
  3. Greninja holding TBD
  4. Abomasnow holding Abomanite
  5. Charizard holding Charizardite Y
  6. Lucario holding TBD
  7. Bibarel holding TBD
  8. Snorlax holding TBD
  9. Lapras holding TBD

Note: TBD=To Be Decided
As you can see, I haven't finalised most hold items. I'll just make sure no two are the same, and that none are Mega Stones for Kangaskhan, Gengar and Lucario

Thanks!
-Wild Jr.

Blaziken is Ubers, the rest are legal

You wouldn't want to post your team. The only people who should know your full team is you and the only people who should know part of your team is the Gym Leaders you have defeated. Gym leaders are allowed to use more than 6 of a set of 9, which is fucked up, so they will be able to counter team you by just referring to your post. Just take a look at the OU Smogon link which is should be in the OP and don't use anything that is banned.

You wouldn't want to post your team. The only people who should know your full team is you and the only people who should know part of your team is the Gym Leaders you have defeated. Gym leaders are allowed to use more than 6 of a set of 9, which is fucked up, so they will be able to counter team you by just referring to your post. Just take a look at the OU Smogon link which is should be in the OP and don't use anything that is banned.

Except for the part where we're not total douchebags. I have almost every single fully evolved Dark-type, but almost every single team of mine is of only these Pokémon. Now all y'all can prepare for me and if I win you can't complain I counterteamed ya. :p

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty
12. Bisharp (signature mon!)

My lead is almost but not 100% always Hydreigon, just fyi. ;)

Except for the part where we're not total douchebags. I have almost every single fully evolved Dark-type, but almost every single team of mine is of only these Pokémon. Now all y'all can prepare for me and if I win you can't complain I counterteamed ya. :p

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

I have to say, I am kinda sad about Weavile not being on that list, being one of my favorite Pokes and all. xD

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

I have to say, I am kinda sad about Weavile not being on that list, being one of my favorite Pokes and all. xD

I've used her once or twice but I prefer using Focus Sash on Crawdaunt and Cacturne and Life Orb on Sharpedo, so Item Clause usually disqualifies her xD

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

I've used her once or twice but I prefer using Focus Sash on Crawdaunt and Cacturne and Life Orb on Sharpedo, so Item Clause usually disqualifies her xD

I know what you mean. Still a great Poke, especially with the Knock Off buff. xD

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

I know what you mean. Still a great Poke, especially with the Knock Off buff. xD

Eeyeup!

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

Your reply was a little douchy. I was letting a fellow challenger know so that he wouldn't wonder why he would have a hard time.

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

Your reply was a little douchy. I was letting a fellow challenger know so that he wouldn't wonder why he would have a hard time.

He won't have a hard time, is my point. The fact that you are accusing us of being cheating jerks is irritating to me, which is why my comment may come off as abrasive.

1. Mandibuzz
2. Crawdaunt
3. Cacturne
4. Sableye
5. Hydreigon
6. Houndoom
7. Sharpedo
8. Absol
9. Krookodile
10. Drapion
11. Scrafty

He won't have a hard time, is my point. The fact that you are accusing us of being cheating jerks is irritating to me, which is why my comment may come off as abrasive.

Understandable. I was just bringing up one of the many rules which should be fixed prior to next season.

Mono teams have a nightmare countering anything.

I could tell glory all day my team is azumarill, volcarona, breloom, scizor etc and I'd still be fairly comfortable in holding an advantage no matter what he picks. The best resistance he can get vs bug or fairy is neutral and he can't have something that resists both.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom