• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [OPEN]

Sleep is for those weak in body and spirit
which is why sleep is good for you, as sleep raises both strength and spirit

Hey, I messed up and happened to win with a Pokemon in my team that really has no business being there. I'm still kind of roughing out the rhythm of my team and ironing out the last few members so could I have my record reset?

I have received questions from people interested in becoming gym leaders so I'll lay out the procedure for the application. Similar to last season, we shall be holding screening matches to evaluate those applying to be gym leaders.

Regarding these battles:
- The Elite 4 will be using teams following Smogon's OU rules. These teams will NOT be mono-type and consist of different team strategies (Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Semi-Stall, Stall)
- To help speed the process along, screening battles will be done using Pokemon Showdown!.
- Applicants do not need to use the teams they used during their league challenge nor do they need to be monotype. They will be free to build new teams for these battles. We will also use this to get a view of your teambuilding.
- Applicants will not be allowed to change their team in these matches. You will use the same team of 6 throughout all 4 screening matches.
- Once your team is ready please send me a PM of your team lineup. This is for the purpose of evaluating your teambuilding skills.
- Clauses/rules will still follow the rules of the BBL, i.e. Item Clause will still be in effect.
- Applicants will battle each Elite 4 member once. If a match is disrupted it will be up to the evaluator how to address the situation.
- Try to complete these battles in a timely manner.

I don't have information right now on what types will be available next season but we'll give more details on the available types as we get nearer to the end of the season.

If you are interested in applying as a gym leader please post here to express your interest. Plan on completing your screening matches before the season ends so that new gym leaders can focus on building their team during the off-season. We do suggest putting in time to work on both your league challenge as well as these screening matches, as we evaluate not only how you hold up in battle but also if you are able to manage your duties as a gym leader.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask. Best of luck to those applying, and good luck to our challengers :)

I have received questions from people interested in becoming gym leaders so I'll lay out the procedure for the application. Similar to last season, we shall be holding screening matches to evaluate those applying to be gym leaders.

Regarding these battles:
- The Elite 4 will be using teams following Smogon's OU rules. These teams will NOT be mono-type and consist of different team strategies (Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Semi-Stall, Stall)
- To help speed the process along, screening battles will be done using Pokemon Showdown!.
- Applicants do not need to use the teams they used during their league challenge nor do they need to be monotype. They will be free to build new teams for these battles. We will also use this to get a view of your teambuilding.
- Applicants will not be allowed to change their team in these matches. You will use the same team of 6 throughout all 4 screening matches.
- Once your team is ready please send me a PM of your team lineup. This is for the purpose of evaluating your teambuilding skills.
- Clauses/rules will still follow the rules of the BBL, i.e. Item Clause will still be in effect.
- Applicants will battle each Elite 4 member once. If a match is disrupted it will be up to the evaluator how to address the situation.

I don't have information right now on what types will be available next season but we'll give more details on the available types as we get nearer to the end of the season.

If you are interested in applying as a gym leader please post here to express your interest. Plan on completing your screening matches before the season ends so that new gym leaders can focus on building their team during the off-season. We do suggest putting in time to work on both your league challenge as well as these screening matches, as we evaluate not only how you hold up in battle but also if you are able to manage your duties as a gym leader.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask. Best of luck to those applying, and good luck to our challengers :)

I'll get on tracking these 4 down.

Regarding these battles:

IM back, i want to do this, BTW anything important happen?

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [OPEN] - Gym applications are open!

I would like to sign up as a gym leader, but let me just see if I can beat the Elite 4 :D

I'll give it a shot, I guess. *shrugs*

@MachDragonX has defeated the Grass gym!

@Forgotten has defeated the Electric gym!

MachDragonX has defeated the Electric gym!

photo.jpg

After many hard fought battles, @Zyrenus has defeated the Elite 4 and completed the league! Congratulations!

Last edited:

Oh damn! You managed to get a shot of Nidoking and Sableye! That looks awesome!
Overall, thanks for the (bedazzling?) experience BBL has gave me. Loved every single gym/elite 4 battle I had, and I actually learned plenty of stuff from it. I never got to beat Sharkshocker. Too OP!

Good luck and have fun to the other challengers, there's tough Gym Leaders/Elite 4 ahead of you! Here's to more BBL Seasons ahead of us!

Also, if anyone would like to battle just send me a VM xD

Last edited:

Luckily enough I had a shiny Sableye so I wanted to showcase your team, no shiny Manectric though so I didn't take pics of my regular one XD Haha it was just hax that kept giving me the slight edge, I was always on the backfoot against you. What seemed like :cool: was really me being :uhoh:

I'll try to hit you up for a battle one of these days, I kinda got fired up to breed some things again. I'm glad you enjoyed battling against us and congratulations again on finishing the league! :D

Apawn has defeated the Normal gym!

MachDragonX has defeated the Psychic gym!

Update: For those applying to be gym leaders, AnybodyAgrees will be covering for Lunacy's screening matches (Hyper Offense).
@Zyrenus @TerraTF @Apawn @Professor_Jared

Last edited:

At 1-2 of my 4 application battles done. Just waiting on JDawgs to get back to me. 0-1 on Stall and Semi-Stall and 1-0 on HO.

Update: On the latest round of suspect testing, Aegislash has been banned from OU. Gym leaders will update their rosters accordingly to accommodate the change. I understand that some challengers have Aegislash on their teams, they will be allowed to replace Aegislash without having it count as their substitute.

Smogon's discussion and voting for Aegislash can be found here:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-xy-ou-suspect-testing-round-5-ghost-of-perdition.3511596/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-suspect-process-round-5-voting.3513515/

Aegislah is going to be banned?! That's hard to believe but it does make sense, After all I been though they want to banned it that's not going to be very fun.

Nothing I could do about it but I want to say why I think Aegislah should stay:
I believe it's fun to have him because they're a lot of strategy that you could use and against him. Pokemon battles are fun that you could use many different Pokemon with different use. Compare to legendary Aegislah is not all power and fast when it's out in battle at first, in fact any Pokemon can be all powerful as a legendary if you use them right. Aegislah has a way to tip the scale when it's out, it can either attack at first, or defense it's self, or even try to rise it's attack. They're also many different blind spots that can be used against him, either way I think it's really fun trying to figure out what the other player is trying to use against you instead of something that's too predictable.

I'll say my reason over their too. It won't matter too much when I switch him out, I can always find another Pokemon that would be not too predictable.

Aegislah is going to be banned?! That's hard to believe but it does make sense, After all I been though they want to banned it that's not going to be very fun.

I believe it's fun to have him because they're a lot of strategy that you could use and against him. Pokemon battles are fun that you could use many different Pokemon with different use. Compare to legendary Aegislah is not all power and fast when it's out in battle at first, in fact any Pokemon can be all powerful as a legendary if you use them right. Aegislah has a way to tip the scale when it's out, it can either attack at first, or defense it's self, or even try to rise it's attack. They're also many different blind spots that can be used against him, either way I think it's really fun trying to figure out what the other player is trying to use against you instead of something that's too predictable.

I'll say my reason over their too. It won't matter too much when I switch him out, I can always find another Pokemon that would be not too predictable.

Would've been a nice thing to say about 3 weeks ago. And there is something that you can do about it. Next time a Pokemon you don't want banned gets suspected try and get Req's, honestly not too hard (everyone seems to get it around mid-1400s).

Would've been a nice thing to say about 3 weeks ago. And there is something that you can do about it. Next time a Pokemon you don't want banned gets suspected try and get Req's, honestly not too hard (everyone seems to get it around mid-1400s).

Did you make reqs? If not, please don't talk like you did. It's not an easy task, it's designed to separate good players from bad players - it's only the most skilled players that can make reqs in only a few battles because their GXEs are exceptionally high - your ladder (ELO) has nothing to do with it, it's your GXE and the number of battles you've played.

Did you make reqs? If not, please don't talk like you did. It's not an easy task, it's designed to separate good players from bad players - it's only the most skilled players that can make reqs in only a few battles because their GXEs are exceptionally high - your ladder (ELO) has nothing to do with it, it's your GXE and the number of battles you've played.

Didn't make req's. Don't care if I ever do. No matter how much voting happens stupid people will still blame the Smogon collective, whoever the fuck that is, for banning a Pokemon "because they can't handle it". If I wanted to make req's I'm sure it could be done in about 50-60 wins. So maybe a day or two if you actually try.

Didn't make req's. Don't care if I ever do. No matter how much voting happens stupid people will still blame the Smogon collective, whoever the fuck that is, for banning a Pokemon "because they can't handle it". If I wanted to make req's I'm sure it could be done in about 50-60 wins. So maybe a day or two if you actually try.

Lets not get too carry away with this, like I said before I just what to say why they should not banned him. Maybe we don't have a problem here, but compare the the world pretty much a lot more people that we don't know may have a really hard time against Aegislah. I do see were your going -Glory Blaze- separate good players from bad players, Compare to what I see: I see a lot of Poor Sports then a good sportsmanship in pokemon. After all it's a video game, gamer's tend to be a bad sportsmanship compare to Athletes. Now I'am not trying to say that every gamer is all bad and all, I'am just saying what the world could be thinking compare to us.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom