~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
SALADS!

Anything can be a salad. Like techincally. I could mush a bunch of chicken, cheese, whatever together and it could count as a salad. I could even mix sweet stuff and call that a salad. Solid.

Reaction score
Rice in my case, although it's mostly because I know other choices will make me sick, and because we already eat lots of rice in my country, to the point of possibly rivaling Asians in that regards.

Last edited:
Kawaii desu ne
Reaction score
One of the following probably:-
  • Ice cream (different flavor every day)
  • Pizza (different toppings every day)
  • Anything with chocolate in it
  • Anything with potatoes in it
  • Anything with cheese in it
  • Chicken-based dishes (I almost eat this everyday already lol)

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Anything with chocolate or potato au gratin. My two favorites.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
Wendy's burgers. And that's assuming eating them for a year doesn't add to my weight.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
Last week's question was who is my favourite fictional character...
Well I've already said I admire Wally from Pokemon, but it's so hard to choose, but I might say Yugo from Wakfu is probably one of my favourites. I don't like to play favourites so a few people share the spotlight. Others include Ciel from Black Butler, Aang from Avatar and Gundham from Danganronpa 2.

This week's question is what I would eat if I could only eat it for a year. Let's assume that I can't be flexible by just saying "Burger" or "Pizza" and have whatever toppings I wanted.
You know I probably would pick a burger, even if it's the same type of burger you can still pull them apart and eat them differently, don't want meat? Take the patty out and eat the salad. Burgers are just so versatile and a well made burger I would surely not get sick of having after ages, likely healthy too if done right.

Totally not a traitor! Heh. ...Right.
Reaction score
Noodles. I love noodles so much.
Any types of noodles, Fried Noodles, Dry Noodles, Macaroni and Cheese, Spaghetti, Basically I can live my whole life with Carbohydrates, thin strings of sugar are the things that course through my veins.

I guess it's not without exercise...

But if I can't customise it, I'll go with Cup Ramen...

Totally not a traitor! Heh. ...Right.
Reaction score
I read.
A comic maybe, but mostly novels.
Sometimes I'm a cheeky bastard and I pull out my phone.

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
Listen to music and drink some tea. I often read too.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
I turn everything off except music (literally can't sleep without music playing, and if the music stops for whatever reason during the night I will wake up), and then I dissociate (I have a dissociative disorder but I can also make it happen). Dissociating has been described as "extreme daydreaming" so logically it'd be a pretty good segue into actually dreaming.

♡ ice reaper ♡
Reaction score
I take a tablet of melatonin

Well, in addition to that, I have running storylines that I try to think about when I'm laying down. Some are super self insert-y fluff (look, if I want to fantasize for, like, over a decade that I'm from Glacia in the Skies of Arcadia world and I'm in disguise as an air pirate in Vyse's crew, nobody is going to stop me lol), but others are me brainstorming ideas for stories and fics that I'll never get around to actually writing. Usually, by the time I'm actually moving the story in my mind forward, I'm already drifting into sleep.

Reading helps me too, but I don't do that enough anymore. I should probably change that. Ever since I started exercising for at least an hour a day though months ago, I've been falling asleep much more easily.

Reaction score
Sadly, medication in my case. And even then I end up falling asleep at the 3:00 a.m. mark, which kind of affects the way I post here. If something sounds off in a post I made, it might be because of that.

oh wow, sports
Reaction score
This is a relevant topic for me seeing as I've had a VERY hard time sleeping this week...sigh

Like other people have mentioned, I take melatonin, which USUALLY is the most effective way to help me sleep (the past few days not withstanding). I also always have to play a game on my 3DS to help me wind down - I know you're supposed to avoid screens before bed, but doing this is almost a guaranteed way to both tire me out and keep my mind from racing (anxiety's so fun, isn't it?) until the melatonin kicks in. And I always need either my AC or white noise machine running - I absolutely cannot sleep in total silence.

Reaction score
An important question indeed.

So I'll do (or would do) a variety of things to try to get to sleep if I cant just doze off.

My main method use to be, well there was this channel called Weatherscan. (If you never heard of it basically it was a channel that just showed the local weather with no words spoken, just generic relaxing music playing) The music on there was so backgroundish? that it always put me to sleep, whether at night or for a nap, after laying down for a few moments. But of course like all good things they took that channel away. Sometimes I'll still put headphones in and listen to that music on YouTube but it doesn't have the same effect.

Beyond that nowadays I'll use the old school method of counting sheep jumping over a fence. I usually dont get 10 in before getting bored and losing count and starting over. Once I lose count a few times I know it's working and I'm asleep shortly.

Besides that sometimes I'll play an app game to distract myself from trying to sleep and usually doze off that way since I can't easily sleep sometimes when thinking about sleep.

No matter what though I need to sleep with a little fan on next to me, and with the tv on usually as I can't sleep without some form of background noise.

Oh and when I'm sick I take Nyquil and it puts me out within a half hour for a solid uninterrupted 6 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.