~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Outside of Pokemon, my favourite game genre is probably PC adventure games - Sierra's King's Quest and Space Quest series for example. Also Zork Nemesis is a prominent one. I also like some puzzle games. The Incredible Machine comes to mind. Some other games on PC that I love are Neverball, Peggle/Peggle Nights and World of Goo.

we could be heroes
Reaction score
I play a lot of JRPGs. I've yet to finish Octopath Traveler, need to start on Ys VIII, need to finish Tales of Vesperia, need to progress a bit more in Disgaea... @[email protected] I'm also considering getting I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear (maybe the latter since the former would probably be too sad for me).

So yeah. I love JRPGs.

Reaction score
I play a lot of JRPGs. I've yet to finish Octopath Traveler, need to start on Ys VIII, need to finish Tales of Vesperia, need to progress a bit more in Disgaea... @[email protected] I'm also considering getting I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear (maybe the latter since the former would probably be too sad for me).

So yeah. I love JRPGs.
Is Octopath good? It is giving me SaGa Frontier vibes, which is nice for me, but I want to know so I can add it to my list of things I would like on the Switch.

we could be heroes
Reaction score
Is Octopath good? It is giving me SaGa Frontier vibes, which is nice for me, but I want to know so I can add it to my list of things I would like on the Switch.
I personally actually like it a lot! I haven't gotten too far in the game though, but I don't mind for what I've played so far. My big criticism about the game is pretty much a common criticism the game has always had: the characters barely ever interact with each other, so it can feel rather odd playing each character separately with not much intertwining, if that makes sense.

Reaction score
I personally actually like it a lot! I haven't gotten too far in the game though, but I don't mind for what I've played so far. My big criticism about the game is pretty much a common criticism the game has always had: the characters barely ever interact with each other, so it can feel rather odd playing each character separately with not much intertwining, if that makes sense.
Nah, what happened there is also what happened back then in SaGa Frontier, although part of it was because they released the game before completing it, leaving half the game in the cutting room floor (the holes in the plot had to be filled with a Japan-only book).

In other words, I want to play the game to see how SaGa would be like without being rushed.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
that's the reason why I quit playing Octopath, actually (the no characters interacting with eachother thing). It also had the downfall of reminding me a lot of Tales of Phantasia (my favourite game) without being anywhere near as good, so every time I tried to play Octopath I kept wishing I was playing ToP instead.

♡ ice reaper ♡
Reaction score
Genre: Definitely RPGs, mainly JRPGs since I like things being more stylized. My preference is for turn-based, but action ones are good too (like, I really love FFXV even if it is more action than turn-based). Final Fantasy, Skies of Arcadia, Paper Mario, Atelier, Fire Emblem (more strategy or tactical RPG or whatever you call it, but whatever), that sort of thing.

I also like mascot platformers a decent bit, like Sonic and Mario and stuff. I'm also not sure what to call this, but games that are heavily story-oriented with some third-person shooter gameplay... those are good too. Like LA Noire and Mafia 2/3 and the Metal Gear series (at least starting with Solid on PS1), that sort of stuff. I also like horror games, but moreso watching my sisters play them since I like enjoying the story mostly and I take forever to get through survival horror games because I move slowly in them out of caution haha.

Game: the playtime I have for Sonic Adventure 2 between all the consoles that I own a copy for is honestly probably ridiculous in how high it is lol, so I'd say it is probably the game I've played the most.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
RPGs and JRPGs, that's it. I do play other genres, but those two tend to be the most common.

Reaction score
Dream Job: I want to be a superhero so I can have powers. I'm not close at all due to the slight problem that they're not real.:(

Last edited:
busy
Reaction score
As for genre, mainly single-player RPG or Adventure (many Pokemon games, Paper Mario, 2 Zelda games), but I do play a fair number of mobile games too (like Cookie Run). I've also played many Hidden Object Games on PC.
Currently I'm busy with Smash Ultimate (trying to get decent scores in Classic and clear Century Smash with everyone).

Currently that is Super mario Oddyssey, I am trying to get all the moons.
Is the game good? As busy I am with Smash, I do think about playing another Switch game while waiting for that Luigi's Mansion and SwSh.

Happy
Reaction score
Is the game good? As busy I am with Smash, I do think about playing another Switch game while waiting for that Luigi's Mansion and SwSh.
I really enjoyed it as did my gf who doesn’t game alot. I especially enjoyed solving the platforming puzzles to get to some of the harder moons.

It is also a game that has still enough to do after you finish the story.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Yeah, one of Odyssey's biggest strengths is that it'll take you forever before you actually run out of things to do. There will almost always be more moons to find.

(12/07/2019) - You hang out with a fictional person for a day, who is it and what would you do?
Brutally Honest
Reaction score

Question of the Week:
You hang out with a fictional person for a day, who is it and what would you do?

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
Apologises again, I was late in updating because I was out late on Wednesday when I usually update and it just kind of slipped my mind :bulbaFacepalm:
In return I think this question I came up with should produce amazing answers.

To answer last week's question, I love roleplaying games, open world, ones with character customisation especially. I just love making the same character in different worlds, especially since their looks and personality don't really vary, so it's interesting to see how that person interacts with their current world.
I've been playing Soul Calibur VI lately, bigger fan of V's character customisation, VI is very lacking, but has a far more interesting story mode. I've also gotten back into The Witcher 3 and it's mini-game Gwent.
I'm a fan of Visual Novels too, namely Danganronpa (of course) and Steins;Gate

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Odin, the Allfather of Norse mythology. Why? Hopefully... Some of his infinite knowledge would rub off on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.