~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb and Numb
Reaction score
Usually I join Pokémon forums because of pixel art events. I assume Bulbagarden was the same. But welp, these ain't a thing anymore since gen VI (damn you 3D models), so I kinda lost the drive.

Pokémon is one of my passions, and I always loved to discuss about the different medias, but, I mean, I don't have the time to follow everything the franchise has to offer, so I can't really discuss much about it in the Anime/Manga/Games subforums.

After finding the Discord server, the Tilia channel, actually, I decided to give the forums a second look and now I'm here, mostly to play mafia games.
A second reason that keeps me here is that I'm also somewhat interested in discussing some changes I want for some of Bulbapedia's sections somewhere in this forum someday, as well as sharing some theories on pokémon origins I ocasionally make. But I'm kinda lazy to do it atm, welp.

we could be heroes
Reaction score
I was invited by a former staff member of this site many years ago, and I was also curious to see what the community was like, so there's that. Although I didn't really become active until... I think the end of last year?

Glad I did, though! Managed to meet some cool people here. =o

Standing Out
Reaction score
I used to use Bulbapedia anonymously a lot to get my Pokemon info, and whenever I popped in I'd take a look at the news to see if anything interesting what going on. At one point around that start of December in 2015 I saw a notice that said the Christmas competitions had started. I checked what was up, and figured "Hey why not, what could I possibly have to lose?" I was never supposed to stay past those competitions, but I poked around the forums, figured it was a cool place and stuck around, and now I've been staff for longer than I've not. Bulba currently holds the distinction of being the only reasonably sized online community to be able to hold me longer than a few months.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
So this is gonna be a little long-winded.

I grew up in a third world country where people barely had consoles, and handhelds were an unknown concept. I never had any sort of GameBoy growing up, despite being old enough that my first console was an NES. As such, I didn't know anything about any handheld games at all, including Pokemon, even though we did get the anime in my country so I knew of Pokemon. I liked Pokemon! I had Pokemon plushies in high school (and now have a couchfull of plushies), but somehow I never knew that Pokemon games existed. Somehow they never came up in conversations online.

Sometime in 2014 my one friend was like "so, are you excited for X/Y?" and I was like "the heck is that?" "... the new Pokemon games?" "........ POKEMON HAS GAMES NOW????" At that point I did own a 3DS, for Persona Q, but I promptly decided I was gonna buy ALL the Pokemon games (and I do mean all of them, all the versions, minus R/B/G/Y and G/S/C cause you couldn't transfer from them to the newer games). My friend was like "... OK, well you're gonna need Bulbapedia if you're gonna do that" and gave me the link.

Fast-forward a bit to Nov 2015 and the McDonald's Hoopa distribution. Being brand-new to Pokemon games, I'd never participated in a distribution before and Pedia was no help. But I found a link to the forums and decided to ask here. I eventually answered my own question, answered a few questions from other people about it, and eventually just started poking around the forums. And then I became staff on the Discord almost two years later, and now I'm, like, everywhere on staff. :confused: Gonna have to remove me with a crowbar, y'all. :ROFLMAO:

AWACS Sky-Eye
Reaction score
I originally started frequenting forums in 2014 when I started working for VGcollect, which is a huge Video Game database and collection tracking application. After a while I thought it might be fun to branch out to some different forums and thought a Pokemon one would be fun to join given my love of the franchise. However, I was in a hiatus from the series at the time so I really didn't start posting and being really active until POGO came out. When I joined BMGf I hadn't played a Pokemon game since White.

I'm still pretty active on VGcollect's forums (which are much, much smaller than this one) y'all should come visit if you like gaming :)

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
  1. To interact with more Pokemon fans
  2. To get the hell away from a toxic fandom overrun with immature people who get all up in arms over everything in favor of more mature, sensible people.

asleep
Reaction score
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was really into Mario. I found Super Mario Wiki somehow. I ended up hanging out there. I discovered NIWA and started wandering around that, and eventually I really got into Pokemon, so I started spending more and more time on Bulbapedia. Then one day I was bored and checked out the forums. FB sounded cool, so I registered.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Now that I'm actually reading the weekly question right (I originally read it as asking why I joined the Bulba forums)... I first joined the Bulba Discord server when Bulbapedia was down or whatever and I was looking for a status update. I stuck around the Discord server since there wasn't much of a point to leave, and eventually I started chatting there. And then this happened... (I don't feel like retyping it. XD)

running on a loop
Reaction score
I can't remember why I joined many years ago back in 2009. I remember I was active on the Bulbagarden IRC channel though, so it probably had something to do with that, maybe?

Left when I was in early high school though because I was a dumb kid that did dumb things on forums oops, then came back for a couple years but was only active in one part of the forums, left again for a few months after some stuff happened, then came back, left again, and now I'm here again.

I'm back this time because I wanted to be part of a community that had forums, but also had a Discord server so that I could interact with people in real time wherever I was fairly easily. I also wanted a relatively chill community since I just left one that had a little bit of some toxic behavior going on in one of the club chats that I'd joined, and it made me a little uncomfortable because of staff involvement in it. I think Bulbagarden's always had a special place in my heart from the beginning, especially since I keep ending up back here, and I'm intending to actually stick around for a little while this time, haha.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
I joined the community about two years ago or so. I was looking for a new community as I wasn't enjoying the one I was at with at the time. I had recently gotten into using Discord and saw the Discord link on Bulbapedia when I was searching for stuff one time and figured :wynaut:.
Eventually things got worse in the other community I was in, staff abusing their powers and ignoring rule breakers and playing favourites. I just got sick of it, I left there and became fully active on Bulbagarden's Discord because I'd always felt accepted there for my personality and the staff treated others like equals not slaves. Fast forward to the end of last year, someone mentioned the forums in the chat and I had no idea they existed, so that's when I made my forums account.
I wasn't too active here on the forums until around December when I started getting into Werewolf, I'd mentioned it in the chat and Lone suggested I join the Mafia community here, so I did, and I love it. Then in about January/February I was hired as a mod for the Bulbagarden Discord and I took over the Community Question of the Week thread and brought it back to life.

So that's the reason why I joined Bulbagarden and why I decided to stick around. The people reflect the community after all and you guys are all great people.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
My apologises I've not been well lately.
The update will happen next Wednesday per usual

Deputy Head Admin
Reaction score
Mostly I joined because I was bored and also cause I wanted to trade online. I didnt know anyone who played Pokemon IRL, so I stumbled across this forum saw they had a trade section and decided to give it a shot. The community was friendly, so I stuck around.

Recording Time
Reaction score
I joined because I dared myself to post a cringey shipping fic I wrote in the middle of the night to the Writer's Workshop. When I turned up, though, I realised the community here was actually really nice and welcoming, and decided to stick around.

oh wow, sports
Reaction score
I joined Bulbagarden simply because I liked the site and wanted to discuss Pokemon with other fans. I had originally discovered Bulbagarden a couple of years prior to joining, when I first got back into Pokemon, and wanted to join then but was too shy. Eventually I mustered up the courage to sign up and I'm so thankful I did. I met my boyfriend of 10 years here, as well as many wonderful friends, some of whom I hang out with in person from time to time. Being a moderator was also great fun, and even though I'm no longer a mod or spend as much time here as I used to, I'll always be grateful for everything it's given me.

Status
Not open for further replies.