• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d donate a portion of it to charity, and then place the rest in a savings account for use later.

1. Why did you join the Bulbagarden Community?

Well, I joined the forum first, because I saw there was some RP on it. At the end, the RP didn't last long, RP section is kinda dead. ouf But I started posting in other threads too, to finally join the Discord more actively. Fun fact is that I didn't appreciate the Discord format first, and kinda been bullied there at first. Never thought I would end up a mod on it at that time. Well, I ended up not rping at all :bulbaFacepalm:

2. What would I do if I win the 10 millions jackpot?

Well, after the cliché, I pay my mortage, I'll probably board the first plane available to Japan with my wife and kids! It's like our dream since forever! Like we would anything we like for a couple of weeks. Then, I'll probably give some money to family. I'll probably invest in some project involving microbrewery/boardgame, so that I can work/play in something I'm interested in, when I feel like it. Maybe buying a new house, but something not too fancy. I prefer cozy things.

I myself, would probably donate the majority of it to local charities I care about, mental health and homelessness. The rest I'd probably live off for as long as possible, possibly buy a house outright, not have to worry about mortgages or the like, maybe even rent it out to others and just rent my own place. Maybe invest in a few businesses.

I'll probably board the first plane available to Japan with my wife and kids! It's like our dream since forever! Like we would anything we like for a couple of weeks.
With that much you could probably afford to move there :p

Go utterly mad with power and:

Buy a crapton of video games, manga, anime, and plushies.

Buy an island teeming with poisonous wildlife.

Hire a hitman.

Commission a giant robot with weaponry.

And maybe even get myself a pet shark.

With the exception of the first one, all of this is most definitely overestimating the value of the amount of money in this question but to be honest I'd just party like a fucking maniac if I get rich.

I’d probably start by buying my own house, getting a sterilization surgery, and splurging on a Nintendo Switch, video games, and the numerous Pokémon cards on my wish list. Then I could work out how to apply my funds to things like saving animals and making my own children’s animation series that I’ve long dreamed of.

What? Only 10 million dollars?! I'm gonna assume that's gonna be post-tax, so probably the Jackpot was around $20 million dollars. At least it's still quite a lot of money for everyone.

I guess the first thing I would do is buy a house and/or condo with the city of San Francisco. Of course, given the house prices within the Bay Area, that would probably leave me around $5 million dollars left. I'd probably also buy some cool stuff like a Tesla. And then there is the generic "travel everywhere around the world" bucket list that wouldn't scratch that $5 million left. Still, I would have maybe 2 or 3 properties within the Bay Area. And hey, I can probably live off the rent that is being paid to me!

I would probably save about $3 million dollars for my retirement fund and then use a small amount of that for an emergency fund, maybe like $250k?

So that would leave me around $1.75 million dollars left. I'd probably use about $1 million dollars to invest it. Probably half in the stock market where it would just grow long term and the other half as venture investment where I'm like an angel investor for startups.

Which leaves around $750k, which I would probably donate around 500k to charities that give underserved communities a chance to work in high skill labor like programming. Despite living in Silicon Valley, a lot of schools are not prepared to teach the fundamentals skills required to meet the demand. So I would start a non-profit school or donate a good portion of the leftovers to a charity that will make that happen for underserved communities.

Leaves me around 250k, which honestly, I would just spend it on my day to day life. I'll probably still be working but at least I know that I have all my needs met and I can pursue things that I want to do in my career without many financial repercussions.

(21/08/2019) - What do you consider yourself an expert at?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What do you consider yourself an expert at?
nj0.png

Pokemon. Computer stuff to an extent (although hardware is not my specialty in the slightest and my knowledge in computer stuff is intermediate at best). I also know a lot about the mobile phone industry since I like following tech news. That's about it. =P

Minecraft Knowledge.

Hey, did you know that if you craft a Banner with a Golden apple, you get a Mojang Logo Banner?
Hey, Did you know that if Lightning strikes a Skeleton Horse, it spawns 4 other Skeleton Horses along with 4 Skeleton riders? This is called a Skeleton Trap!
Hey, Did you know that there are 22 types of Exotic Fish you can find in Minecraft?
Hey, did you know- Okay that's enough. I can go on for hours.

drawing, dogs and horses i’d say.

drawing because it’s what i wanna do for my career + i’ve spent a shitload of time drawing since i was a kid lol. dogs and horses because i grew up with them. i even have a license for handling horses :b

i would also say skiing if it wasn’t for the fact that most people where i live know how to ski. i guess it all depends on who you talk to. i feel like an expert until i meet actual experts lol.

I wouldn't say I'm an "expert" at anything, really. Maybe it's because of the inherent loftiness of that title in my eyes, or maybe I just have self-esteem issues when I think about the fact that there's always gonna be unknown numbers of people better than me at anything I could ever do. Either way, there's not a single thing I'd legitimately and unashamedly call myself an expert at.

being a major ahole

Uhh well personally I don't think I'd say expert at anything, because expert is pretty strong to use.

But I am pretty good at making others laugh. I have a good knack for it especially when I time my jokes perfectly.

Apparently according to some too I'm good at relationship advice which is a bit ironic being that I'm single myself, but nonetheless a few people have come to me for it before and said I've helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom