~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
awake
Reaction score
hmm...
this is a hard one.
Well for one I'm afraid of death, human extinction, and pine cones. for some reason.

looking forward
Reaction score
It's probably easier for me to make a bullet list for this
  • Heights and very tall buildings. I hate being high up and I hate looking up at tall buildings.
  • Any bird larger than a sparrow
  • Dead bodies; mummified or rotten ones in particular. I'm also fearful of finding skeletons in walls or in encased in concrete in front of my apartment. Don't know why, since that almost never actually happens. I don't care about gore or infected body parts, just no rot please.
  • Types of food where I cannot distinguish the exact ingredients that are in it. Particularly things like thick soups or sauces, purées, pastes, meatloaves (loafs?), curries...
  • That I'll suddenly get an allergic reaction again for no reason and die because I forgot which of my half dozen bags I left my epipen(s) in the day before.
  • Debt

Last edited:
Super Pikarator
Reaction score
Germs, that's the main factor of my fears, and getting into an accident that could harm one's life.

Reaction score
Heights, doesn't help that I can't walk normally if I know I'm in a high place. I also hate lucid dreams thanks to two bad experiences that I had with them.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
  • Bees
  • Spiders
  • Scorpions
  • Static electricity (getting shocked)
  • Bullies
  • Financial failure
  • Losing my home due to politics

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
aside my strong phobia against blood/gore i don't have a lot of fears.

something that does creep me out though, especially during nighttime, are mirrors. mostly because of this phenomenon i heard about a while back. if you stare at your own face (specifically your eyes) in the mirror for too long, your face starts changing and often ends up looking low-key demonic. it's just a result of your brain getting bored and altering how you see things. still freaky, though.

Deputy Head Admin
Reaction score
Bees scare me Im generally really not comfortable around them or even looking at pics of lots of bees at a timepublic
I also really dont like tarantulas they just really disturb and freak me out, though other spiders are fine.
Other things that scare me are:
Fires
The idea of getting into a car accident/driving
fainting in public
public embarassment
getting yelled at
getting doxxed/attacked by online hate mobs
abandonment
getting hurt by people/getting beat up/assaulted
pregnancy and childbirth, so no kids for me
losing friends
losing my job
getting broke/financial ruin
germs
heights
being touched by people I dont know
loud noises
people getting angry with me
rejection
bullying
being hated
hostile/aggressive people
pain
fast moving things/moving really fast

Last edited:
"I don't care."
Reaction score
  • Loud noises - I have hyperacusis and every loud noise is like bullets in my ears. It's even harder in the dark or at night, since my other senses heighten and everything gets louder, and that I sometimes hear cats and foxes fighting in our area.
  • Babies and very small children - The same reason above.
  • Maggots - I hate the way they move. I'm also afraid that one will fall on me and start eating my skin.
  • Anger - I've battled with anger problems most of my life and there's always that lingering fear that I will one day lose it completely and go on a rampage and hurt someone. Other people's anger scares me as well, because I automatically think they're suddenly going to turn violent and my fight or flight instinct takes over.
  • Face paint - This is an on-and-off phobia that has gotten better over the years and cosplaying has helped me somewhat overcome it, but it was much worse when I was much younger. To me, it just distorted how a person's face looked, even if it was someone I knew and I was worried it wouldn't come off like a tattoo. It got so bad that I ended up avoiding things like friends' parties, fetes, Halloween and even school plays.
  • Dr Seuss books - Okay, this is a bizarre one, but the eyes of the characters creep me out so much. I generally can't stand any characters designed with pie-eyes (like in old school cartoons) or crescent moon pupils (the only exception is Rayman, since his first design had these). They just look so incomplete and alien. I think eyes in general just creep me out, which explains why I sometimes struggle with maintaining eye contact.
  • Losing my parents - My mum has pretty much been my best friend most of my life, and both she and my dad have always been my rock. But since they're getting older, especially now that my dad is deaf, I just can't help but worry for their health.

Last edited:
Brutally Honest
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who has answered this week's question so far and those who may end up sharing later in the week. It's a rather personal question, which you don't have to share, the first step to facing fears is to embrace them, the simple act of telling someone about them, lets you know that you're not alone.

My own fears... They would include heights, I don't like the vertigo I get. I don't like bugs or insects, they creep me out and annoy me.
I loathe birds, it's the swooping, if they're in a cage I'm fine, but ones that can fly around freak me out.
There are probably other things, like dying in general, my life falling apart and other things, that most people are scared of, but these are probably the most notable things.

we could be heroes
Reaction score
lets see... my fears are essentially but not really limited to:
  • dolls
  • children (for the same reason as dolls, horror movies and creepypastas have done this to me)
  • mirrors
  • heights
  • deep water (fear of drowning)
  • really hate gorey shit

Last edited:
Reaction score
Spiders. That fear didn't really come on until about 2010, but since developing it I can't shake it even in the least bit.

Heights. Though slowly, but surely I am working on trying to overcome this one.

This one was more of a fear back when I was younger but, bridges. I've never felt super comfy going over them, cause I've always been afraid of them just giving out or something like that.

awake
Reaction score
Reaction score
I guess I could add ceramic dolls to my list. I don't mind normal dolls, but the ceramic ones do look specially creepy to me. I feel they are going to get possessed any minute now.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I also really don't like tarantulas they just really disturb and freak me out, though other spiders are fine.
Other things that scare me are:
The idea of getting into a car accident/driving
public embarrassment
getting yelled at
getting doxxed/attacked by online hate mobs
abandonment
getting hurt by people/getting beat up/assaulted
pregnancy and childbirth, so no kids for me
losing friends
losing my job
getting broke/financial ruin
being touched by people I don't know
loud noises
people getting angry with me
rejection
bullying
being hated
hostile/aggressive people
fast moving things/moving really fast
All of these scare me too. Along with...

1. Spiders of all kinds
  2. Centipedes
  3. Social justice warriors
  4. Not knowing what's going to happen next
  5. Being expected to do/know things I'm not capable of
  6. The possibility of being homeless and on the streets

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
A lot of things scare me that range from irrational phobias to more rational.

• Bugs
  • The dark
  • Heights
  • Closed spaces
  • Deep water
  • Tornadoes
  • Hurricanes
  • Sink holes
  • Earthquakes
  • Dead/decaying bodies and bones
  • Zombies/creatures that eat people/pets
  • The Religious Right having control over the government and taking away the rights of myself and others (happening currently in the USA)
  • Performing solo (especially when something goes wrong - like my only working reed [that's a long story] breaking during a performance of a musical right before a solo. Yeah, that happened...)
  • Crippling diseases
  • Losing my family/friends
  • Being sexually assaulted/assaulted
  • Having to use a public bathroom with other people in there at the same time
  • Sudden loud noises

Status
Not open for further replies.