• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutally Honest
Reaction score
I'd probably have to say winter. Summer's fuckin' hot, spring's fuckin' magpies, and autumn's just kinda meh, really.
This answer basically sums it up for me too :p
Late November in Spring is also far too hot, not even summer yet. Autumn is alright, but also hot around March, so really the only choice is Winter, I might feel the cold more easily because I'm thin, but at least it's easier to deal with.

Thank you,Eren
Reaction score
Winter. Ive always liked winter and I like snow, and for the most part I can deal with the cold. Summer is way too hot and humid, I hate it.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the winter love in this topic. In real life, I always feel completely outnumbered. No one I know IRL actually appreciates winter. You'd think that in the south people would appreciate winter better, because it's not super cold or anything, it's just a nice break from the heat... But that's not the case, and I see people posting memes during the winter about how bad it is, but those memes are from people in the North who actually experience winters, actually have long-lasting cold blasts, and more than a dusting of snow. So it looks really bad on the people down here who share those memes like we have anything to complain about at all.

It irritates me, I can't lie. It flurries for five seconds and people are acting as if it is a blizzard on par with what they experience in the North and whine about "when will it ever stop snowing?". It's so pathetic.

if on the day i die i turn and look at my life..
Reaction score
yeah, in places where it's super hot winter is a godsent
but when you live in the northeast usa it's just a giant white and cold hell

Reaction score
I like the warmer seasons like spring or summer, but my most favorite is winter around Christmas, as the feeling that the month brings is incomparable to anything else.

Reaction score
I like the warmer seasons like spring or summer, but my most favorite is winter around Christmas, as the feeling that the month brings is incomparable to anything else.
yeah, i hate the weather of winter, but i love the feel

Reaction score
Spring. Not too hot or cold. The breezes feel nice. Anything's better than winter though. Shoveling snow off the driveway is exhausting, walking on the sidewalk is difficult let alone driving, and wearing coats can make it too hot and too cold at the same time.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
Apologies, I'll have to delay the question of the week again, ran out of questions, I have a few December themed ones lined up though.
If anyone would like to submit some, you're entirely welcome to message me, this is the Community Question of the Week after all

running on a loop
Reaction score
I'd have to go with spring or fall. The weather isn't too cold, and it isn't too hot either. Spring also sees flowers blooming, and fall sees leaves changing color, both of which are pretty sights I enjoy seeing. I like winter as well, seeing all the Christmas lights going up is always nice and I just love the holiday season in general. Summer is okay; my birthday falls during the summer, but it's just too hot, haha.

(05/12/2019) - What was your first video game system and how did you get it/acquire it?
Brutally Honest
Reaction score

Question of the Week:

What was your first video game system and how did you get it/acquire it?

Standing Out
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... Dad had a lot of the old stuff which I played a lot, and it was a long time ago so I can't really remember the very first one I played, but the SNES sounds about right, with Mario Paint as the game that feels right as my first one. Like I said it was dad's, and naturally the kids played it.
If you're asking about the first one that I owned for myself, however, that'd be a DS Lite, got it for christmas one year. I believe Mario Kart DS was the game that came with it.

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
First VG system played: SNES. Those were the good ol' days. It's a shame it was so long ago that I actually can't remember what games I've played on it. I don't think I've played very many because it was primarily my brother's console.
First VG system owned: N64. I remember spending hours on games like Jet Force Jemini, Super Smash Bros, Hey You, Pikachu!, etc.

Reaction score
Either a SNES, a Nintendo 64 or a Famiclone. They were already there when I was born so I have no idea when they were bought.

Reaction score
SNES. You wanna know how I got it? I kept pestering my parents until they caved in and bought it for me.

Reaction score
I got a Wii on my eighth birthday, and I played paper mario, the bee movie game, wii sports, and a bunch of other games that I can’t remember.

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
my dad doesn’t like video games so until i was 10 the only console we had was a ps2 with some soccer and racing games. when i was about 10 i got a DS from my grandparents and the first game i had for it was nintendogs. after a year or so i bought soul silver because i saw lugia on the box and that’s probably the game i’ve spent the most time playing ever.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
My first system was NES, which I think was my half-brother's (I still have it though) that I just ended up with, but the first system I bought was Xbox, which I biked a few miles to get before awkwardly biking home with it in a duffel bag against my leg.

Reaction score
A Gameboy Pocket that I shared with my two older sisters - was gifted to us by our aunt in 1998 - with one of those bootleg "heaps in one" cartridges... it was a 32-in-1 cartridge, but was 15 games, then repeated with different names, par for the course with those. Super Mario Land was on it, notably. Dr. Mario was on it too. And Tetris. We also got Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Kirby's Dreamland with it. I was obsessed with all of them. Since then, it's been Nintendo handhelds for me all the way. Really the only other games I play are on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.