~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
The first system I ever played was the NES. Playing NES games are some of my first memories. It had to have been in the early 90s. The NES was a family system. I have no idea when my parents got it.

The first system that was actually mine, either a SNES or GB. I can't actually tell you which came first. Either way, I believe both were Christmas/Birthday presents.

Reaction score
A Gameboy Pocket that I shared with my two older sisters - was gifted to us by our aunt in 1998 - with one of those bootleg "heaps in one" cartridges... it was a 32-in-1 cartridge, but was 15 games, then repeated with different names, par for the course with those. Super Mario Land was on it, notably.
Did it also have Super Pika Land and Pipe Dreams? I recall seeing them frequently in multi-carts.

Recording Time
Reaction score
Hmmm - the very first console I ever played must have been the GameCube. I was only ever allowed to play Mario Kart: Double Dash on it, but I know my dad used to play Assassin’s Creed. When I was little, I really wanted to play it because it looked cool, but I was never allowed to. :p

The very first console that belonged to me specifically was the DSi XL. At the time, all of my friends at least had a DS Lite, if not a DSi. My dad got it for me after a year or two of me begging him for one. Soon afterwards, a friend gave me a copy of Pokemon White, and the rest is history.

It’s amazing how nostalgic technology can make us.

A user, and nothing more
Reaction score
I remember getting a PS2 as a present, but it none of my disks for it work anymore, so...

looking forward
Reaction score
The first console I ever played on was the SNES; my grandfather had one at his place. The only games he had were Super Mario World, Star Fox and Tetris. I was really young at the time, so I'd always ask my dad to play SMW or Star Fox because I couldn't figure out how to pass the first levels of either game. My grandfather was really good at Tetris, too.

The first actual console I got was a GameBoy Advance for my sixth birthday, along with an arcade game compilation (like with Pac-Man, Galaga and some others) and Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure. I decided I really wanted one after seeing all the other kids at my school with their GameBoys. Seeing all of them playing the first 3 gens of Pokemon was specifically what made me want the console, and I ended up getting Sapphire as a gift for Christmas that year.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
I can't remember what the first console I played was, maybe a SEGA Genesis? I remember a two player game where one of you was Mickey and the other was Donald with like a flying carpet or something.
I played a few other consoles before I got my own console, such as, PS1, PS2 and Xbox.

The first console I actually owned was either a Christmas or Birthday present, a Gameboy Advanced SP. It was silver and had black markings on the top, which reminded me of tattoos, an awesome design. I remember going to EB Games one birthday specifically to pick up Pokemon Ruby (or maybe it was Emerald, one of them) because I was so excited to have my own Pokemon game.

Reaction score
I can't remember what the first console I played was, maybe a SEGA Genesis? I remember a two player game where one of you was Mickey and the other was Donald with like a flying carpet or something.
Wasn't it "World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck"? The game cover fits what you describe.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
My first game console was the lime green GameBoy Color. My mother bought it and Pokemon Yellow for me on my seventh birthday, and I still have it!...though it doesn't work anymore.

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
I grew up with a PS1. No idea where it came from but I assume my mom bought it after her and my dad separated for a Christmas present. (I was very young when they separated so I don't really remember much from that time period). I grew up playing the Spyro games and have always had a big soft spot for dragons because of it.

Whoever has the gold makes the rules...
Reaction score
An NES. I was too young to remember how we got it, though. The first games I remember playing were Super Mario Bros. and, of all things, the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" game.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Hmm, worst I'm really not sure about. Best was easily Baby Rio. Basic context: through technicality my very first Pokemon was a shiny Riolu named Rio in Pokemon Platinum who became the most valuable member of the entire party. She was blatantly hacked though, which means she can't exactly get very far through the transfer process. I'd mentioned this serveral times around the place, so Dragon_Nataku decided to give me a little... Christmas? Birthday? One of those, present a couple years ago. She shot me a DM asking me to get online for a trade. And you should have seen the fucking grin that shot up on my face when I saw the Pokemon she put up for the trade. A little yellow Riolu named Rio.

Brutally Honest
Reaction score
Not surprised there haven't been many answers so far, it's a tricky question. I've been trying to think of some myself. Harder to remember as you get older and get less gifts.

Bad gifts? Hmmm, usually those stocking filler things you get for Christmas, just worthless novelty junk that has no real purpose that stores sell for less than $10 each, all that money could be better spent on a gift I'd actually use and like.

I've gotten some really cool Lego sets for birthdays before, they were pretty awesome. I think my Harry Potter book collection was a gift too, but I could be wrong.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Best: a winter themed Deerling plushie that my friend ordered off the net for me back in 2010, when Black and White first came out.
Worst: Lottery tickets. Ohio lottery tickets, from my uncle. Yeah...no. I don't play the lottery nor do I have any desire to.

looking forward
Reaction score
The best gift I got was a keychain I had lost several months prior. Aside from losing all my keys, I also lost a USB with a bunch of my drawings and schoolwork on it. My dad ended up finding it in a ditch about 4 months after I lost it, and he gave it to me as a gag gift that year. It was also my worst gift, because that was all he got me that year. I had to get all my keys replaced and had to redo a lot of the notes I took because of it. But he doesn't live too far from me and I really hope he didn't withold them for the sole purpose of giving it to me as a joke.

But aside from that, as far as actual gifts go: the nicest gifts are when I get to go out to eat with my mom. It's nice spending time with her. My least favorite kinds of gifts are cosmetics, sweets and jewelry. I can't really pick anything specific.

Princess of Power
Reaction score
Best gift: moving to Wisconsin in December of 1999 in order to be with my husband. That was nearly twenty years ago. :lapras:

Worst gift: back in 1994, instead of getting me the Transformers: Generation 2 figure I wanted, my ex decided to put together a box of various crap and present it to me while singing "The Twelve Days of Yaksmas" from Ren and Stimpy. I hated Ren and Stimpy. So the "gift" was little more than a joke. :annoyedVoltorb:

Status
Not open for further replies.