• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this question. I've painstakingly spent the last two days comparing every Pokedex entry for every last Pokemon from every game. Comparing a Staryu's Gold entry against a Ralts entry in X. I haven't eaten or slept or been to work in two days. I can't feel my eyes.

No, seriously though this was a tough question I feel like because I do like a bunch of different entries.

I have to go with Litwick's entries in general though. It reinforces how you can't trust something just because it looks cute and innocent. Nice and creepy.

Raichu

Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.

--

Not just an enemy Pokemon, no, Indian Elephants are canonically in the same universe as Pokemon, but are definitely not Pokemon, which means hypothetically someone brought an Indian elephant to a Pokemon battle against a Raichu, and found that elephants are weak to Electric type attacks.

Indian Elephants are therefore Water type non-Pokemon. Maybe they're ultra beasts.

Bulbasaur:

"A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon."

It just evoked some strong nostalgia.

(24/04/2019) - Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
nj0.png

We now have no more questions left in the queue, which means I won't be able to update the thread further until I receive some, I'll try to come up with some before next week, but I can only come up with so many on my own.

Sorry I didn't answer last week's question, I don't know Pokedex entries well enough xP
Though if I recall Toxapex had a cool one, something about eating Corsola...

Good question. Tough question. There are some who resonate with me, such as Jack Atlas being my soul character with his passion for coffee, not to mention how he acts in both serious and goofy manners.

Then there's Seto Kaiba who has been a big favorite of mine for a long time what with his character development and the cards he uses.

But I have to go with Goku (surprise surprise) I always liked how his character was. I could really ramble on as to why but no one wants to see that. I just like his character in general and a lot of different things he did throughout the entire Dragon Ball franchise.

I'm tied between Palutena and Bayonetta. Palutena is a goddess, and with a kind, loving, motherly disposition and a love of mankind.

Bayonetta, on the other hand, is a witch who can summon demons with her hair.

To the surprise of literally no-one, Maximilian Goof
max_cool_big.jpg
As for the why, I'm really not 100% sure. Like, I can see a certain amount of myself in him, but nowhere near enough that should create the connection I have to him. He's just cool and I like him because reasons.

You know, I came in here ready to answer like "oh, this is my kind of topic!", but then had to think about it for like 20 minutes because it's really hard to pick a single favorite character. Most of my favorites are ones that remind me a lot of myself (like my current theme now, Ryo Marufuji from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX), but I guess if I have to choose one and one alone...

Noel Kreiss from Final Fantasy XIII-2 (and Lightning Returns).

In a way perhaps I'd consider him similar to me in personality (certain mannerisms he does, like I always notice all the hand motions he does while talking compared to the rest of the cast lol, and that he is fairly direct and can be a bit blunt and has a bit of a sarcastic side at times), but... much, MUCH more resilient and strong and tenacious. Admirable. More of a character I legitimately admire than one I just see bits of myself in. I mean, this is a character who was the last human left in the future he came from, but never gave up and actually got the chance to try to set things right. Things didn't work out like he wanted, but unlike many other characters in that series, he never gave up hope, even when it hurt. If only I could be that way haha. I also tend to really like characters that are sort of "protectors" in a way (I think that's the root of why a scarily high percentage of my faves are older brothers lmao), and I just loved the way Noel really wanted to have kept Yeul safe, and to keep Serah safe.

Because I almost feel guilty not mentioning other faves, honorable mentions to Kurasame Susaya (Final Fantasy Type-0), Koyo Kasugai (Fafner in the Azure), Innes (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Conrad (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia), Logy Ficsario (Atelier Escha & Logy), Otacon (Metal Gear Solid), Silver the Hedgehog (...this one is obvious the series lol), Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) and far too many more.

It would take me aaaaaages to list all my favorite fictional characters but Chrom from Fire Emblem has been at the top of my list for nearly four years. I'm just such a sucker for big dumb idiots with big hearts and terrible social skills and Chrom is definitely one of the biggest examples there is. Getting to meet his voice actor last year is one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

(I could honestly go on for much, MUCH longer about why I love Chrom so much but I'd rather not force you guys into reading a novel-length post about this moron so I'm just going to leave it there :p )

Tsareena is my true favorite character but oof I always talk about Tsareena and feel bad that I do, so i'll talk about a character that isn't Pokemon lol.

My favorite NON Pokemon character... Is Shademan.EXE from Megaman Battle Network.
Just... omg look at this guy.
latest
He has such a good design! He just looks so fierce and is such a creative reinterpretation of the original Shademan. I loved him so much in Axess. He was such a cool villain with crazy impressive strength (He literally picked up an entire bus and yeeted it like it was nothing lol) and determination, and I honestly find myself sympathizing/agreeing with his idea to take over the world and let Netnavis rule. I mean seriously humans in the BN world treat Netnavis like garbage sometimes.
It's honestly baffling to me how little attention this guy seems to get honestly. Like... he's just SO COOL OMG!!! Why does no one care about him ;-;

I have way too many favorite fictional characters. But if I had to pick only one, that would probably be Harry Potter.

There are lots of qualities about him that I find admirable. He is brave, kind, helpful and smart. In fact I think his intelligence is quite underrated.

He also tries to help his enemies. Such as that time when he rescued Draco from Room of Requirement or when he asked Voldemort to try for some remorse.

He has been through a lot but still keeps going, which is really inspiring. And he is really good at magic too. Obviously not on Dumbledore-level or anything, but still quite impressive.

I really hate how the Cursed Child book treated him, but I guess this isn't the place to talk about that lol.

Also his sarcasm. He can be really funny and sarcastic when he wants to.

The ninja turtles. Other superheroes need to keep their identities a secret. The turtles have to keep their existence a secret. Due to their being as non-human, people fear them based only on their looks rather than their actions. whereas it is other superheroes actions (or interpreted/perceived actions) that causes them any bad publicity even if they're still innocent. Plus, they don't have easy resources like other superheroes. Yet they protect their city and when necessary, the world, whether its no name pick pockets or supervillain attacks all without any sort of real reward. They look out for each other and others in need.

Also, in this age of fiction where powers and firearms run supreme, ancient ninja weapons are a refreshing change of pace. Not that the turtles don't use the former methods.

Last edited:
I have way too many to list, but for the sake of simplicity, I'll go with the one who has the most similarities to me personally. That character is Yayoi Kise aka Cure Peace from Smile Pretty Cure. (No, I am NOT calling her Lily, Glitter Force!).

She's a shy girl who always tries to be kind to everyone and likes drawing, just like I do! I knew she was going to be my favorite when I started watching Smile Precure, and even though it's still a rather generic anime, Yayoi is not only the best character overall, she's the most fleshed out and three-dimensional. I have a bunch of Cure Peace toys, that's how much I love her! She's not autistic like I am, but I love a character who shares a lot of my personality traits, plus she's just so stinkin' cute! I just wish Glitter Force didn't give her a terrible voice and catchphrase. Granted, I no longer participate in the Precure fandom and I don't watch the shows anymore, but Yayoi is still great and I'll always love her.

Last edited:
Bumblebee from Transformers. He's fiercely loyal to those he calls his friends and would do anything to protect them from harm, including risking his own life. He's courageous with an indomitable spirit, but he's also funny and down to earth. If you need someone on your side, you'd be extremely lucky to have him with you. I've loved him since I was nine years old and I still do. I always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom