• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED
~ Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week ~
Sketc2.png

Thread artwork by @sucreine

Hello, hello, sit down and join us for some exciting questions and some intriguing answers as we all get to learn just a little bit more about each other here in our community!
The concept is simple, each week either I or one of the Outside the Box moderators will ask a question and you guys will answer! Be honest, be creative and have fun. Everyone is welcome to suggest questions to add to the thread for everyone to answer. If you don't want others knowing it's your question you can message either myself or one of the OtB staff.

You're welcome to answer any previous questions after the week has past :bulbaLove:
If you want to know how another user would answer a question you're welcome to invite them along, but remember to be nice as not everyone likes getting mentioned!

Please remember to keep the forum rules in mind when answering questions, we're a family friendly community!

nj0.png

Current Question of the Week:
How organised of a person are you?
nj0.png

Food Question Thread: Super Food Question Of The Week
Previous Thread: Community Question of the Week

30/01/2019 - What is your spirit animal and why?
06/02/2019 - What's the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis?
13/02/2019 - What isn't real but you desperately wish it was?
20/02/2019 - What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak?
28/02/2019 - If you could visit and landmark, which would it be and why?
06/03/2019 - What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
13/03/2019 - If your house had to be one colour, what colour would you choose and why?
20/03/2019 - What is your favourite Pokémon and why?
27/03/2019 - What do you do to relax?
03/04/2019 - Where do you like to go eat out the most?
11/04/2019 - Who do you look up to and why?
17/04/2019 - What's your favourite Pokédex entry?
24/04/2019 - Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
01/05/2019 - If you had to eat the same thing every day for a year, what would it be?
08/05/2019 - What do you do to help yourself fall asleep?
15/05/2019 - What sports are your favourite to play or watch?
22/05/2019 - Which desserts or sweets do you like to eat?
29/05/2019 - What do you do to make yourself feel more awake/active?
05/06/2019 - What is your favourite quality in others?
13/06/2019 - What do you like to do for fun?
19/06/2019 - What is your favourite animal and why?
26/06/2019 - What is your dream job and how close are you to achieving it?
03/07/2019 - What game/game genre do you play the most?
12/07/2019 - You hang out with a fictional person for a day, who is it and what would you do?
18/07/2019 - If you could visit any planet and not die, which would it be and why?
24/07/2019 - How organised of a person are you?

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
What kind of things scare you?
What do you consider yourself an expert in?
You have the ability to control one element of your choosing. Which is it and why?
Why did you join Bulbagarden?
How many siblings do you have and are you the favourite?
You've won a ten million dollar jackpot, what do you do with the money?
i am not organized at all.

I used to hang out at another forum (Scandinavian one) back in 2013 or so. We had this Pokémon thread where people would share stuff from Bulbapedia and I was like "what IS Bulbapedia??", so I went to check it out. After a while I found out they had a forum too and so I signed up, mostly to dump my Pokémon art here cuz my English wasn’t even that good back then. Since then I’ve mostly shared my art every now and then. I didn’t really become active until 2017 nor did I have any friends here.

I joined to give Persephone a couple suggestions I had for an app name they needed so it wouldn't get buried in the Discord chat. 1 May was also the first day of the Reiwa era, so it was also a bit commemorative.

I don't really know for sure. It might have been that I needed an active Pokemon community and Serebii's forums just weren't cutting it for me. It might also have been that I was just wondering why I hadn't joined Bulbagarden yet. I'd surely known about the site for many years before but had never joined for some reason.

Usually I join Pokémon forums because of pixel art events. I assume Bulbagarden was the same. But welp, these ain't a thing anymore since gen VI (damn you 3D models), so I kinda lost the drive.

Pokémon is one of my passions, and I always loved to discuss about the different medias, but, I mean, I don't have the time to follow everything the franchise has to offer, so I can't really discuss much about it in the Anime/Manga/Games subforums.

After finding the Discord server, the Tilia channel, actually, I decided to give the forums a second look and now I'm here, mostly to play mafia games.
A second reason that keeps me here is that I'm also somewhat interested in discussing some changes I want for some of Bulbapedia's sections somewhere in this forum someday, as well as sharing some theories on pokémon origins I ocasionally make. But I'm kinda lazy to do it atm, welp.

I was invited by a former staff member of this site many years ago, and I was also curious to see what the community was like, so there's that. Although I didn't really become active until... I think the end of last year?

Glad I did, though! Managed to meet some cool people here. =o

I used to use Bulbapedia anonymously a lot to get my Pokemon info, and whenever I popped in I'd take a look at the news to see if anything interesting what going on. At one point around that start of December in 2015 I saw a notice that said the Christmas competitions had started. I checked what was up, and figured "Hey why not, what could I possibly have to lose?" I was never supposed to stay past those competitions, but I poked around the forums, figured it was a cool place and stuck around, and now I've been staff for longer than I've not. Bulba currently holds the distinction of being the only reasonably sized online community to be able to hold me longer than a few months.

So this is gonna be a little long-winded.

I grew up in a third world country where people barely had consoles, and handhelds were an unknown concept. I never had any sort of GameBoy growing up, despite being old enough that my first console was an NES. As such, I didn't know anything about any handheld games at all, including Pokemon, even though we did get the anime in my country so I knew of Pokemon. I liked Pokemon! I had Pokemon plushies in high school (and now have a couchfull of plushies), but somehow I never knew that Pokemon games existed. Somehow they never came up in conversations online.

Sometime in 2014 my one friend was like "so, are you excited for X/Y?" and I was like "the heck is that?" "... the new Pokemon games?" "........ POKEMON HAS GAMES NOW????" At that point I did own a 3DS, for Persona Q, but I promptly decided I was gonna buy ALL the Pokemon games (and I do mean all of them, all the versions, minus R/B/G/Y and G/S/C cause you couldn't transfer from them to the newer games). My friend was like "... OK, well you're gonna need Bulbapedia if you're gonna do that" and gave me the link.

Fast-forward a bit to Nov 2015 and the McDonald's Hoopa distribution. Being brand-new to Pokemon games, I'd never participated in a distribution before and Pedia was no help. But I found a link to the forums and decided to ask here. I eventually answered my own question, answered a few questions from other people about it, and eventually just started poking around the forums. And then I became staff on the Discord almost two years later, and now I'm, like, everywhere on staff. :confused: Gonna have to remove me with a crowbar, y'all. :ROFLMAO:

I originally started frequenting forums in 2014 when I started working for VGcollect, which is a huge Video Game database and collection tracking application. After a while I thought it might be fun to branch out to some different forums and thought a Pokemon one would be fun to join given my love of the franchise. However, I was in a hiatus from the series at the time so I really didn't start posting and being really active until POGO came out. When I joined BMGf I hadn't played a Pokemon game since White.

I'm still pretty active on VGcollect's forums (which are much, much smaller than this one) y'all should come visit if you like gaming :)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was really into Mario. I found Super Mario Wiki somehow. I ended up hanging out there. I discovered NIWA and started wandering around that, and eventually I really got into Pokemon, so I started spending more and more time on Bulbapedia. Then one day I was bored and checked out the forums. FB sounded cool, so I registered.

Now that I'm actually reading the weekly question right (I originally read it as asking why I joined the Bulba forums)... I first joined the Bulba Discord server when Bulbapedia was down or whatever and I was looking for a status update. I stuck around the Discord server since there wasn't much of a point to leave, and eventually I started chatting there. And then this happened... (I don't feel like retyping it. XD)

I can't remember why I joined many years ago back in 2009. I remember I was active on the Bulbagarden IRC channel though, so it probably had something to do with that, maybe?

Left when I was in early high school though because I was a dumb kid that did dumb things on forums oops, then came back for a couple years but was only active in one part of the forums, left again for a few months after some stuff happened, then came back, left again, and now I'm here again.

I'm back this time because I wanted to be part of a community that had forums, but also had a Discord server so that I could interact with people in real time wherever I was fairly easily. I also wanted a relatively chill community since I just left one that had a little bit of some toxic behavior going on in one of the club chats that I'd joined, and it made me a little uncomfortable because of staff involvement in it. I think Bulbagarden's always had a special place in my heart from the beginning, especially since I keep ending up back here, and I'm intending to actually stick around for a little while this time, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom