• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined the community about two years ago or so. I was looking for a new community as I wasn't enjoying the one I was at with at the time. I had recently gotten into using Discord and saw the Discord link on Bulbapedia when I was searching for stuff one time and figured :wynaut:.
Eventually things got worse in the other community I was in, staff abusing their powers and ignoring rule breakers and playing favourites. I just got sick of it, I left there and became fully active on Bulbagarden's Discord because I'd always felt accepted there for my personality and the staff treated others like equals not slaves. Fast forward to the end of last year, someone mentioned the forums in the chat and I had no idea they existed, so that's when I made my forums account.
I wasn't too active here on the forums until around December when I started getting into Werewolf, I'd mentioned it in the chat and Lone suggested I join the Mafia community here, so I did, and I love it. Then in about January/February I was hired as a mod for the Bulbagarden Discord and I took over the Community Question of the Week thread and brought it back to life.

So that's the reason why I joined Bulbagarden and why I decided to stick around. The people reflect the community after all and you guys are all great people.

Mostly I joined because I was bored and also cause I wanted to trade online. I didnt know anyone who played Pokemon IRL, so I stumbled across this forum saw they had a trade section and decided to give it a shot. The community was friendly, so I stuck around.

I joined because I dared myself to post a cringey shipping fic I wrote in the middle of the night to the Writer's Workshop. When I turned up, though, I realised the community here was actually really nice and welcoming, and decided to stick around.

I joined Bulbagarden simply because I liked the site and wanted to discuss Pokemon with other fans. I had originally discovered Bulbagarden a couple of years prior to joining, when I first got back into Pokemon, and wanted to join then but was too shy. Eventually I mustered up the courage to sign up and I'm so thankful I did. I met my boyfriend of 10 years here, as well as many wonderful friends, some of whom I hang out with in person from time to time. Being a moderator was also great fun, and even though I'm no longer a mod or spend as much time here as I used to, I'll always be grateful for everything it's given me.

(14/08/2019) - You've won a ten million dollar jackpot! What do you do with the money?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
You've won a ten million dollar jackpot! What do you do with the money?
nj0.png

Move to New England or Canada. Pay off student loans and medical bills. Take care of my medical issues. Tour through Europe. Buy lots of wind instruments! (I'd totally get a Loree oboe, an English horn and then a whole collection of reproductions of historical wind instruments).

Of course, I'd take care of my family as well. My parents would surely move to New England/Canada as we've already talked about that anyway.

With that kind of money honestly the first thing I'd do is pay off the debt any of my immediate family members have (so my parents, and 6 brothers) and proceed to get myself a nice house. Doesn't need to be a mansion, just something nice and comfy that can hold others as well. As for the rest I'd save it up until I know what I'd truly want to do with it.

As for last weeks question I'd joined the forums on a whim. I was looking on bulbapedia in 2010 for some level up info on some mons in HeartGold. Ended up clicking on the forums by accident, saw some posts and an rp game that looked kinda fun so I decided to become a member of the community. Felt weird at first, admittedly, but I did grow to like it a lot of time when I did/do opt to hang around. And I got to make some pretty good friends here. While most of those friends are gone now, or I don't speak with them I've still always enjoyed my time here and decide to keep hanging around.

wow, 10mil? I've only ever thought about like 1mil at most. Well, that changes things a bit.

First off, I would pay off my over USD $100,000 student loans debt. That's always been my number one "if I win the lottery" thing :confused:
After that, I'd buy myself a nice little house somewhere in this neighbourhood cause it's a good neighbourhood and in a convenient location. I'd also buy myself a Mustang Shelby GT cause I love that car :eyes:

New additions cause of the giant amount of cash:
Pay dad back for all the years of boarding school and uni he paid for. He's not asking for me to pay him back but with that kind of money I totally would.
Buy my dad that Porsche he's always wanted while he's still able to drive (he's turning 79 this year)
See a doctor about my screwed up joints and figure out if I need physical therapy or surgery, and then pay for whichever of those I need.
Donate to the ASPCA and a few pitbull rescues I'm particularly fond of.
Donate to science research, like, whatever the new big problem is at the time
Throw some money at USAID and the IADB to fund development projects for my home country (El Salvador)
bribe my university to admit me as a grad student :ROFLMAO:

• Save some of it. Never know when you might need a rainy day fund, haha.
• Buy a house. Something nice since clearly I got the money for it.
• Buy a car. Also something nice and new.
• Go on vacation. I can clearly afford it, so why not take a few weeks off work and see the world? xD
• Donate to charity. Probably an animal rescue and also probably a cancer research group.
• Pay off my mom's student loan debt. One less thing for her to worry about.
• Adopt a cat and a dog. Maybe not at the same time. Definitely after the vacation. But definitely one of each. Maybe two cats though. We'll see what happens.
• Turn one room in the house into a reptile room and buy some lizards. Bearded dragons look cool, but honestly, having a chameleon would be fun too.
• Also get a bird. Maybe not a whole room for the bird, but we'll see what happens.
• Maybe get a bunny too. Bunnies are real cute, and my mom wants one, so may as well treat yo'self with the money ya got.
• Build a pond in the backyard. A lot of people come into the store I work at talking about their ponds, and honestly, I think this would be fun to have in the backyard.

The easy first point is paying off the debts of both myself and those close to me. After that I'd probably get a nice place for myself, along with a car that's at least better than the one I have now. Give a nice donation to groups like the RSPCA and some good charities. After that I think I'd like to travel for a while. There's a lot of cool places out there in the world and I'd love the see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom