• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside from that (and giving a serious answer)... the only other thing is something that I don't know if it's true or not since it has only happened once, but they have told me I'm good at pickin' up languages.

So far it has only happened with English, and in a way I still don't get. By 4th grade teachers didn't teach me anything I didn't know and I aced every test without studying. Sadly, I have not been able to pass English IV in my university, but that's because I can't write under pressure.

I also sort of understand Italian, but I won't count that since Spanish (my native language) and Italian are extremely similar and even have the same structure.

I wouldn't call myself an expert at anything, but I do know a fair bit of Harry Potter stuff. I feel like grammar is a strength of mine too, even though I don't always use proper grammar myself in casual situations.

I wouldn't say I'm an expert at anything, but I am pretty good at memorizing/knowing useless anime/manga/game/book trivia and facts
I am exactly like you. When i get obsessed with something, whenever some one quotes something from it, i could tell them who said it and whant episode/book/game etc. it was from

I don't really truly consider myself an expert at anything, because there's always more to learn about something.

I dunno that I'm really an expert in anything. I'm pretty good at helping people with mental health stuff (might as well put my only actual degree to good use) but I always urge people to see an actual shrink if they have very serious problems. I also have pretty good medical instincts (I'd originally wanted to go to medical school) but as with the previous thing I always tell people to go see a doctor if it's serious.

I'm pretty new to the field I actually work in so I don't think I'm really an expert on anything in that yet, besides super-simple stuff like pouring plates or pipetting shit. ¯\(ツ)

(28/08/2019) - What's the cheapest useful thing you've bought and the most expensive useless thing?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What's the cheapest useful thing you've bought and the most expensive useless thing?
nj0.png

As far as the good cheap items go it would definitely be my earbuds.

I spend only a few bucks on them but man do they last. I constantly have them on and use them throughout the day and they last a long time. I don't mind spending the money on extra backup pairs just in case my dog chews them up or something. They definitely even work and sound better than some more expensive pairs I've had over the years. Last longer too.

As for the expensive useless item that would probably be the Japanese 3DS I bought. I only bought it to play I think 2 games? Damn region locks.

Cheapest useful thing: Almost anything from Dollar Tree, such as cookie pans, chocolate, birthday cards, cleaning supplies, etc.
Most expensive useless thing: Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. I can't do much with it unless I go to grad school (which I will be doing)

cheapest - little clip on lamp for my bed
expensive - hmm. I once accidentally bought two pairs of ray ban sunglasses on amazon. Only wanted one, and got a refund on the second. Near enough £200 on a stupid mis click.

Cheapest thing: Headphones.
Most expensive thing: An Xbox 360 controller that I wanted to use with my PC. Sadly, it came without an adapter and due to Xbox's lack of popularity in my country, I can't find a non-bootleg adapter here.

Oh, I have a few cheap items that proved its value over and over again.

This model of toaster oven that the family bought way back in 2004. Yes we have a much older model and that oven lasted until 2016. Let me tell you, my family pretty much used that thing several times a day, which mainly replaced our big oven other than really big jobs. It did fizzle out in 2017 but it was so reliable that we bought a second one for daily use. Let me tell you, it made otherwise barely tolerable meals to quite tasty. And it didn't heat up the entire house!

A power bank that I bought as an impulse buy for my cosplay but now I'm using it on a daily basis. Seriously, gives me peace of mind and has saved me on many occasions.

I also bought myself a plain body pillow and oh man, that pillow has saved me from many sleepless nights. From being a source of extra comfort to being an additional source of "coldness" on a hot night, for $10 over 3 years, man, I could not believe Target sold it for that cheap.

Alright to the useless category:

An icemaker. Honestly, I don't remember why I bought it. I think it was supposed to be something back in college where I could put really small drinks to keep cold for my dorm. However, I have never used it and sadly, that was about $200 down the drain.

My old Toyota Camry. Actually, it wasn't useless per se, but it could have gotten way more use. Basically, it was my first car that I got when I was 16 and I had to leave it behind when I went to college. Then what happened was that my brother got into an accident with my car (not his fault) while he was in college. Also, this was when I learned I could have brought my car and just leave it on the off-campus lot while I was dorming. Friggin school not telling me about the off-campus options.

My Physics Degree. Okay, I wouldn't say it was "useless" per se but I felt that I probably should have picked another major to study. Yes, Physics was very interesting for me but if I wanted to justify my university tuition, I probably should have stuck being a Computer Science Major and also perhaps majoring in Applied Math. While it's debatable whether or not my Physics degree has hindered me, I end up working as a Software Engineer and saved myself the stress.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheapest useful: A new set of measuring spoons, this time with the number raised instead of being painted on.

Expensive useless: Nintendo Labo VR Kit (what'd I expect from a set of cardboard that doesn't have a strap for the head? Guess this means no Job Simulator for Switch)

Cheapest Useful: The pair of Earplugs I sometimes get on Plane Rides. Helps me get some rest without some dumb noises to prevent me from Dozing off.

Expensive Useless: The Overpriced Water Bottle I see sometimes. Yes, I know the bottle is made of glass, and it's got a nice design, but it's just regular water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom