• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, what am I an expert at? Sleeping I suppose. I like to consider myself an expert at some games, like Elder Scrolls, knowing heaps of information about the games and lore.

Now what is the cheapest most useful thing I've ever bought?
Like Piko there's a few for both categories...
My Switch case, cost me only like $20 and it's so handy to put my switch into my bag and carry it around without having to worry about it.
I bought a file organiser recently, also for $20 and it really helped me get my documents in order, they were just sitting in a box all over the place before that.
And I would have to say the keyboard I bought to replace my last one is useful just because it's probably something I use for hours each day, only cost me $7

For the most expensive useless things I've ever bought?
Usually games, I'll spend $70/$80 on a game and barely play it sometimes
I spent about $90 on some markers a couple months back, I've only used them once or twice, but I have been trying to make them more useful by actually using them more.
I kinda want to say my fridge ($200+) and my Xbox One ($300+) but they've only lost their usefulness in recent times, my fridge broke recently so it's nowhere near as useful and I haven't touched my Xbox in almost a year. But before then I'd use both all the time and they were very useful.

I dunno about cheap useful thing... all the useful stuff I have either wouldn't count as super-cheap or someone else bought them for me. Ah no wait! I just thought of something. A HEADPHONES ADAPTER FOR MY STUPID HEADPHONES JACK-LESS IDIOTIC STUPID PHONE (the phone so stupid I called it stupid repeatedly, woo). I've worn headphones constantly when walking around various campuses/work since I was 16 (I'm 36 now) so not having music playing while wandering around outside is weird and unpleasant and I do not like it so the adapter was an emergency buy when I inherited this stupid phone (stupid count: 6). Super-cheap but also a life-saver.

Expensive useless thing: my X-Box 360. Not only did that thing injure me when I tried to pick it up the first time (pulled my shoulder partway out of its socket. No worries, was easy for me to put back but was not very pleasant!) but I only used it for like Dance Central or whatever at most 10 times and literally nothing else (so yeah, that means I also bought a Kinect with it, increasing its useless expensiveness). Now it just sits there next to my telly looking pretty (I skinned it so at least it's not uggo and useless). I'd sell it but I can't be arsed.

Cheapest useful thing I bought and most expensive useless thing? Wow, this is actually a tough one.

I think in terms of cheapest useful thing, I'd have to go with my TUL hole punch. It was only about $40, and it's allowed me to make my own pages in the TUL notebook I have instead of buying the premade ones. It's basically paid for itself at this point, and it's allowed me to be more creative with my bullet journal. I also haven't had to make regular trips to Office Max to get the premade pages, which at this point, would've cost probably three times the cost of the hole punch, give or take.

The most expensive useless thing is a little harder for me to think of. I usually try to avoid buying things unless I know I'm going to be using them. I guess for this one, I would have to say my Google tablet, I believe it's the Pixel C? I forget the exact name of it, but I got it about 3 years ago when I got my Google Pixel phone so that I could have a newer, larger screen for my tablet. (I had the Nexus 7, which still works fine and all, but it was smaller screen and I had to get a separate Bluetooth keyboard for it. My mom uses the Nexus 7 now and it works like a charm still.) I got the tablet for school though since my laptop at the time had a failing battery and always had to be connected to an outlet or it'd die within 15-20 minutes, give or take, and that wasn't really ideal for a classroom setting when my classes were an hour and 15 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the class. The tablet was also a lot lighter and easier for me to carry around. Now that I've graduated, I'm not really using the tablet much at all and it's just sitting around taking up space. I don't have the heart to sell it because I like to believe I'll find a use for it, but I just haven't gotten there yet. I would really love to be able to use it as a drawing tablet instead of spending the money on an actual drawing tablet, but I'm not quite sure how I'd go about doing that.

(04/09/2019) - If you were a character in a show, what kind of show would it be?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
If you were a character in a show, what kind of show would it be?
nj0.png

I'd like to say a comedy honestly. You know, standard sitcom. A lot of my life tends to revolve around comedy, or at least I try to let it be that way so I won't feel depressed. Or at least as often.

That being said a depressing show is also very plausible.

Probably... Any character from a Comedy Movie. Think Monty Python.
Here are some examples I would be:
A: The Well-Intentioned yet Sadistic Main Character, who probably ends up killing someone (Or Multiple People)
B: The Comedic Relief, who probably says a ton of references to other franchises and could possibly spark a meme, but dies to the Antagonist in the Final Scenes. (ekke ekke ekke ptang zoom boing)
C: The Intimidating Wizard with a Stupid name. (How about... Stuart, or Fork.)

I would want to be someone who is strong and very smart, always thinking of the outcome, but to keep that concealed to everyone else until I needed to use the powers.

I'd like to be a background character in an anime. I'd rather watch the actual protagonist and their friends get into all kinds of weird situations than get into any myself.

I think I'd like to be a character in something where I can be more of a ranged fighter type of character. Doesn't matter if it's magic or archery, though I'd probably prefer magic. Being able to do both would be cool too though. Also doesn't matter if it's an anime, TV show, movie, or video game as long as it made sense. I prefer playing more back lines characters in RPGs though, like healers or magic users or ranged characters in general, so I feel like it'd be cool to be able to do that in a show/video game.

A mysterious shapeshifter who you can tell isn't quite human...

...that's what I'd want to be, but in reality I'd probably be an NPC who sells you potions for your journey or something. :p

the white haired bishonen with questionable morals from an anime

jokes aside I don't think I'd be a protagonist, so maybe the protag's friend in some comedy sitcom or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom