• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank everyone who has answered this week's question so far and those who may end up sharing later in the week. It's a rather personal question, which you don't have to share, the first step to facing fears is to embrace them, the simple act of telling someone about them, lets you know that you're not alone.

My own fears... They would include heights, I don't like the vertigo I get. I don't like bugs or insects, they creep me out and annoy me.
I loathe birds, it's the swooping, if they're in a cage I'm fine, but ones that can fly around freak me out.
There are probably other things, like dying in general, my life falling apart and other things, that most people are scared of, but these are probably the most notable things.

lets see... my fears are essentially but not really limited to:
  • dolls
  • children (for the same reason as dolls, horror movies and creepypastas have done this to me)
  • mirrors
  • heights
  • deep water (fear of drowning)
  • really hate gorey shit

Last edited:
Spiders. That fear didn't really come on until about 2010, but since developing it I can't shake it even in the least bit.

Heights. Though slowly, but surely I am working on trying to overcome this one.

This one was more of a fear back when I was younger but, bridges. I've never felt super comfy going over them, cause I've always been afraid of them just giving out or something like that.

I guess I could add ceramic dolls to my list. I don't mind normal dolls, but the ceramic ones do look specially creepy to me. I feel they are going to get possessed any minute now.

I also really don't like tarantulas they just really disturb and freak me out, though other spiders are fine.
Other things that scare me are:
The idea of getting into a car accident/driving
public embarrassment
getting yelled at
getting doxxed/attacked by online hate mobs
abandonment
getting hurt by people/getting beat up/assaulted
pregnancy and childbirth, so no kids for me
losing friends
losing my job
getting broke/financial ruin
being touched by people I don't know
loud noises
people getting angry with me
rejection
bullying
being hated
hostile/aggressive people
fast moving things/moving really fast

All of these scare me too. Along with...

1. Spiders of all kinds
  2. Centipedes
  3. Social justice warriors
  4. Not knowing what's going to happen next
  5. Being expected to do/know things I'm not capable of
  6. The possibility of being homeless and on the streets

A lot of things scare me that range from irrational phobias to more rational.

• Bugs
  • The dark
  • Heights
  • Closed spaces
  • Deep water
  • Tornadoes
  • Hurricanes
  • Sink holes
  • Earthquakes
  • Dead/decaying bodies and bones
  • Zombies/creatures that eat people/pets
  • The Religious Right having control over the government and taking away the rights of myself and others (happening currently in the USA)
  • Performing solo (especially when something goes wrong - like my only working reed [that's a long story] breaking during a performance of a musical right before a solo. Yeah, that happened...)
  • Crippling diseases
  • Losing my family/friends
  • Being sexually assaulted/assaulted
  • Having to use a public bathroom with other people in there at the same time
  • Sudden loud noises

i live in America, and maybe it's just because I don't watch the news anymore or what, but how have I not heard of this?

Well, I don't want to turn this topic political... So, to put it simply, Trump panders to the Religious Right. One major way this has gone down is Supreme Court nominations, and very recently the Trump administration sent a case to the Supreme Court that would make it legal to fire LGBT people just for being LGBT. (I believe the case also supports firing people for other discriminatory reasons as well). With the state of the Supreme Court it is likely to end up becoming a thing. (I hope I'm wrong)

Trump may not be a figure that comes to mind when one thinks of the Religious Right, but they absolutely adore him (more like worship) and he is very dangerous.

Well, I don't want to turn this topic political... So, to put it simply, Trump panders to the Religious Right. One major way this has gone down is Supreme Court nominations, and very recently the Trump administration sent a case to the Supreme Court that would make it legal to fire LGBT people just for being LGBT. (I believe the case also supports firing people for other discriminatory reasons as well). With the state of the Supreme Court it is likely to end up becoming a thing. (I hope I'm wrong)

Trump may not be a figure that comes to mind when one thinks of the Religious Right, but they absolutely adore him (more like worship) and he is very dangerous.
ahh, so he hates minorities, especially LGBTQ+ people. I am pansexual. How fun (obvious sarcasm is obvious)

(31/10/2019) - You've been invited to a costume party, who are you going as and why?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:

You've been invited to a costume party, who are you going as and why?
nj0.png

Link with a Zora Tunic, maybe. Mostly because I already have a Master Sword and a Hylian Shield.

EDIT: The Zora Tunic is because I prefer blue over green. I also forgot I have an Ocarina of Time replica.

I actually already went to a costume party this year. I went as my cosplay of Mikaela Hyakuya from Seraph of the End.
I've also dressed up as Okabe Rintaro from Steins;Gate 0 last year for the same annual party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom