• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter. It's extremely mild here, so I get really annoyed when anyone complains that it's cold. I don't think they know what "cold" is. Summer is far too intense most of the time.
Winter I get a lot more done because it's not draining to go outside. Plus I'm not using air con all the time.
It's more than the practical side of it. I just like winter. Especially when it rains a lot. And you hear it at night. I like seeing my breath on cold mornings too. And I like wearing jackets.

Snowy.
I live in the equator where there are 2 seasons, Sunny as Fck, or Rainy as Fck.
We never get snow 'round here and the only time I've ever experienced the winter was during my holiday to Turkey.

Winter.

Not only is winter the only nice season where I live, but I also just love it personally. I'm the reverse of most people in that Spring makes me depressed and Winter makes me happy. I even love the look of dormant nature. The bare trees, the yellow/brown grasses, they contrast so well with the evergreens.

There's also the fact that the cold is easier to deal with, and sleeping under all of my covers at night is the best. I also like that it is usually a break from severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. Like seriously, I didn't think we were going to make it out of last Spring alive as we were taking cover practically every single day in May (I'm not even exaggerating). I like that the bugs go away, especially the dangerous ones like wasps and ticks.

There are some downsides (dry skin), but overall winter is just such a peaceful time of the year and it fills me with joy. Like even though it's not technically winter yet, it really looks like it and I am just so happy. I contrast it with how I felt in May, where I just felt really down.

I do like autumn, or the idea of it... I certainly become less depressed the closer we get to autumn beginning. But... while fall this year (once we got to October) was actually very nice, the trend of autumns in recent years has been them staying hot well until October, if not even into November (in 2016, it was still in the mid 80s in the middle of November. I was so irritated.)... So, because autumns are generally too hot where I live, autumn has sadly not been up to par as of late. Perhaps when we move up Northeast I will be able to appreciate fall again.

Winter. It's extremely mild here, so I get really annoyed when anyone complains that it's cold. I don't think they know what "cold" is.

Same, though. Like on occasion it can get legitimately chilly where I live, but most of the winter is nice, cool weather, yet people complain about it and how cold it is all of the time. It's like people just want it to be hot where I live, because that's all they're ever satisfied with.

What's your favourite type of weather and what do you like to do during it?
I really like a good lightning storm. Just sitting around and watching it. Not even just the lightning, the rain itself tends to be pretty cool as well.
You've become a fantasy game character! What character class suits you best?
Gunmage! Honestly it's almost always the coolest class in anything it shows up in.
What is your favourite season and why?
I'd probably have to say winter. Summer's fuckin' hot, spring's fuckin' magpies, and autumn's just kinda meh, really.

I'd probably have to say winter. Summer's fuckin' hot, spring's fuckin' magpies, and autumn's just kinda meh, really.
This answer basically sums it up for me too :p
Late November in Spring is also far too hot, not even summer yet. Autumn is alright, but also hot around March, so really the only choice is Winter, I might feel the cold more easily because I'm thin, but at least it's easier to deal with.

I appreciate all of the winter love in this topic. In real life, I always feel completely outnumbered. No one I know IRL actually appreciates winter. You'd think that in the south people would appreciate winter better, because it's not super cold or anything, it's just a nice break from the heat... But that's not the case, and I see people posting memes during the winter about how bad it is, but those memes are from people in the North who actually experience winters, actually have long-lasting cold blasts, and more than a dusting of snow. So it looks really bad on the people down here who share those memes like we have anything to complain about at all.

It irritates me, I can't lie. It flurries for five seconds and people are acting as if it is a blizzard on par with what they experience in the North and whine about "when will it ever stop snowing?". It's so pathetic.

I like the warmer seasons like spring or summer, but my most favorite is winter around Christmas, as the feeling that the month brings is incomparable to anything else.

Spring. Not too hot or cold. The breezes feel nice. Anything's better than winter though. Shoveling snow off the driveway is exhausting, walking on the sidewalk is difficult let alone driving, and wearing coats can make it too hot and too cold at the same time.

Apologies, I'll have to delay the question of the week again, ran out of questions, I have a few December themed ones lined up though.
If anyone would like to submit some, you're entirely welcome to message me, this is the Community Question of the Week after all

I'd have to go with spring or fall. The weather isn't too cold, and it isn't too hot either. Spring also sees flowers blooming, and fall sees leaves changing color, both of which are pretty sights I enjoy seeing. I like winter as well, seeing all the Christmas lights going up is always nice and I just love the holiday season in general. Summer is okay; my birthday falls during the summer, but it's just too hot, haha.

(05/12/2019) - What was your first video game system and how did you get it/acquire it?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:

What was your first video game system and how did you get it/acquire it?
nj0.png

Hmmmmm... Dad had a lot of the old stuff which I played a lot, and it was a long time ago so I can't really remember the very first one I played, but the SNES sounds about right, with Mario Paint as the game that feels right as my first one. Like I said it was dad's, and naturally the kids played it.
If you're asking about the first one that I owned for myself, however, that'd be a DS Lite, got it for christmas one year. I believe Mario Kart DS was the game that came with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom