• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(11/12/2019) - What are the best and worst gifts you've ever gotten and why?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:

What are the best and worst gifts you've ever gotten and why?
nj0.png

Hmm, worst I'm really not sure about. Best was easily Baby Rio. Basic context: through technicality my very first Pokemon was a shiny Riolu named Rio in Pokemon Platinum who became the most valuable member of the entire party. She was blatantly hacked though, which means she can't exactly get very far through the transfer process. I'd mentioned this serveral times around the place, so Dragon_Nataku decided to give me a little... Christmas? Birthday? One of those, present a couple years ago. She shot me a DM asking me to get online for a trade. And you should have seen the fucking grin that shot up on my face when I saw the Pokemon she put up for the trade. A little yellow Riolu named Rio.

Not surprised there haven't been many answers so far, it's a tricky question. I've been trying to think of some myself. Harder to remember as you get older and get less gifts.

Bad gifts? Hmmm, usually those stocking filler things you get for Christmas, just worthless novelty junk that has no real purpose that stores sell for less than $10 each, all that money could be better spent on a gift I'd actually use and like.

I've gotten some really cool Lego sets for birthdays before, they were pretty awesome. I think my Harry Potter book collection was a gift too, but I could be wrong.

Best: a winter themed Deerling plushie that my friend ordered off the net for me back in 2010, when Black and White first came out.
Worst: Lottery tickets. Ohio lottery tickets, from my uncle. Yeah...no. I don't play the lottery nor do I have any desire to.

The best gift I got was a keychain I had lost several months prior. Aside from losing all my keys, I also lost a USB with a bunch of my drawings and schoolwork on it. My dad ended up finding it in a ditch about 4 months after I lost it, and he gave it to me as a gag gift that year. It was also my worst gift, because that was all he got me that year. I had to get all my keys replaced and had to redo a lot of the notes I took because of it. But he doesn't live too far from me and I really hope he didn't withold them for the sole purpose of giving it to me as a joke.

But aside from that, as far as actual gifts go: the nicest gifts are when I get to go out to eat with my mom. It's nice spending time with her. My least favorite kinds of gifts are cosmetics, sweets and jewelry. I can't really pick anything specific.

Best gift: moving to Wisconsin in December of 1999 in order to be with my husband. That was nearly twenty years ago. :lapras:

Worst gift: back in 1994, instead of getting me the Transformers: Generation 2 figure I wanted, my ex decided to put together a box of various crap and present it to me while singing "The Twelve Days of Yaksmas" from Ren and Stimpy. I hated Ren and Stimpy. So the "gift" was little more than a joke. :annoyedVoltorb:

This is going to sound cheesy, but I have to say the holiday spirit. The decorations that get put up seem almost magical, and they are oftentimes very pretty to look at. The holiday season seems to drum up a wholesome feeling as well.

I also love the anticipation and excitement of Christmas.

The holiday spirit. The decorations. Family and togetherness, though it's pretty much mainly just been my mom and I since my dad passed. The holidays were never really about the presents for me, though that's a nice bonus; it was always more about being with family and friends and enjoying the holidays with them. The decorations are my favorite, and I love seeing what others do, haha. It's always really pretty to drive by decorated houses at night; it'd probably be 10x more pretty if it snowed here, but getting a white Christmas here is a rarity.

I like the decorations, music, sometimes the change in weather, and the anticipation of finding out what everyone will be gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom