• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink! Because it's my favorite color and it makes me happy. I have always wanted to make my room pink-themed. Having everything in the house of that color sounds even better! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
(20/03/2019) - What is your favourite Pokémon and why?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What is your favourite Pokémon and why?
nj0.png

My absolute favorite Pokémon is Dhelmise, and well, I guess my reasoning is kinda weird, haha. I’ve always had a fondness for inanimate object Pokémon, and an anchor is one that I actually wanted to see for a long time. When I was a little kid, even wrote a sentient ghostly anchor into a story once (quite weird, I know). And now we finally actually have a ghostly anchor Pokémon, and just look at it! Well, technically a ghostly seaweed Pokémon completely integrated with an anchor, but still, it exceeded my expectations. The facial mimicry was a nice touch for Dhelmise, too.

Ohhh, this is a tough one! I think I'd have to settle on Crobat. It's a Pokemon that debuted in the Johto games (my favorite games and Johto is my favorite region), is Poison-type (my favorite type), is purple (my favorite color), and has a lot of moves that it can learn that I like a lot, whether for aesthetic reasons or gameplay ones. It's also very cute, at least to me! Also, I always LOVED that one minigame in Pokemon Stadium 2 with Golbat gathering the hearts ("Gutsy Golbat," I think?) because I kicked butt at it, and liking Golbat made liking its evolution a logical progression haha. In more recent times, Crobat also saved me a few times (or at least prolonged the battle) back in Y version when I'd sometimes fight the random battle requests that came up. Somehow, it'd just keep on truckin', like it was my signature Pokemon trying to help me out.

Suicune gets an honorable mention here though, I love its graceful beauty and the whole design for it, along with the interesting backstory for the Legendary Beasts. I'll always have a soft spot for the mascot of my favorite game in the series, Crystal. well, HG/SS are tied with Crystal for fave, but regardless

Dang now this is the toughest Pokemon based question to answer.

It's tough because I love so many Pokemon. Litwick because when I first saw it I thought it looked like a cupcake (don't judge me) but then it still grew on me anyway because I found it really cute. Milotic because it symbolizes a special friendship I have with an important person to me. Hawlucha because of how it's based on professional wrestling/lucha libre, including how it uses its speed to bring down bigger foes, and plus Flying Press is a really cool move.

But, BUT, if I have to stop rambling and pick one Pokemon I have to go with my first original favorite, Nidoking.

Nidoking (or rather Nidoran) was one of the first Pokemon I caught in Yellow because at the age of 8 I'd just catch everything and think nothing of my team/what would be best. Then as time went on and I kept using Nidoran as it would evolve I kept liking it more and more and more. Nidoking would go on to become the center of my team despite having all the starters. It would become my most used Pokemon, and even my first level 100 in that same Yellow game.

It got to the point that when I got Gold my first thought was to find a male Nidoran so I could have a Nidoking on my team again. Even now at days when I can get a Nidoking I do try to find room for one on my team. Whether its a remake game like LeafGreen, HeartGold, or even Let's Go Eevee, or a newer game (which I gotta say I was upset you couldn't find one in game in Gen 7 in the wild)

Nidoking holds a very special place in my heart, and an important place in my memories as well.

Mew! It's so cute and has cat ears and the long tail and it flies~ I don't really like pink but I don't mind it for Mew. I have a Mew plushie (because of course I do), and when I was in high school I had a Mew figurine that not only glowed in the dark faintly (why? ^O__o^;; ) but if you tapped it on the head it would make Mew noises from the first movie. I loved that thing and I wish I still had it.

The world most difficult question !!! I like several pokemon. Charizard - Gengar - Weavile - Tyranitar. I have no preference among these. But, for sure, a mega is always nice, Lol.

I think I will choose tyranitar, only because it is johto pseudo-legendary and johto is my favourite region.

Be cautious, "Tayna" is very irritable.

Last edited:
Lucario, in large part due to being my first Pokemon.

The year is 2008-ish, I’m 10-ish years old and planning the purchase of my first Pokemon game: Pokemon Platinum. My friend, who already had Pearl, offered to give me a Pokemon or two to start me off. I’m looking through his PC box, and a certain Pokemon catches my eye.
“Hey, what about this cute yellow dog thing?” I ask, and he agrees. I had just begun my journey with Rio the Riolu. And this being before I’d decided on my starter, I’ve always considered her my first Pokemon.

I start playing the game, trade him some random thing I caught, and get Rio. She quickly becomes the backbone of my entire team, quickly outclassing everyone else and pulling me through pretty much every major battle. She was my true partner throughout the entire game.

And that’s the point at which I forged my unbreakable bond with Lucario.

Do you even need to ask?! It's Deerling! I've always wanted a deer Pokemon, since deer are one of my favorite animals, but there weren't any that were cute to me, and Stantler seemed kinda blah to me. But then Black and White came out and introduced the incomparable personification of deer adorableness that is Deerling! I mean, come on! It's a cute, Bambi-like fawn and is pink and has a flower on it's head and changes color during the season and is super cute as all get-out! Whenever I catch a few of them in-game, I always name the male Bambi and the female Faline, for obvious reasons. At this point, I have two rare plushies of Deerling, its spring and winter forms, the latter a friend got for me for Christmas nine years ago, a Deerling figurine, a Deerling card, and drew lots of pictures of it!

And thus, my unbreakable bond with Deerling was born. Nothing can top its cuteness for me! Come on! Look at it!

51L0zPfLLKL.jpg

Shaymin encapsulates my entire being and soul. Especially Skymin. Landmin is cute, but Skymin is superior.

.... But the weird thing is that I'm not exactly sure when that happened. Before Skymin, Bulbasaur was my #1 favourite, because Bulba got me into Pokemon in the first place (thanks to the anime). But I think ever since Shaymin's movie (and seeing more and more fanart of it), I've been liking it more and more, I suppose. So yeah. Sky Shaymin is my #1 favourite now. n.n

Noivern is just a combination of so many things I love: fast special attackers, a great movepool, solid typing (And the Flying type being used as a primary type for once, that's a fun novelty), a great design, a wonderful pre-evolution, and it can pull off cuteness, coolness and scariness with ease.

Plus, I love black jackets with a fur trim. The fur around its neck reminds me of that. If I lived in the Pokemon world, I'd totes end up being one of those trainers who dresses up to match their Pokemon.

I didnt see last week's question so I'll answer it in addition to the current one.

1. Purple! Various shades. Its my favorite color and I find it very calming which is the main reason I like it. NGL I would love to have a pale purple house one day.

2. Lugia is my ultimate favorite. Its a cool, majestic legendary that caught my eye and I got attached. Ever since watching the second movie I loved Lugia and started playing the games because Lugia was on Pokemon Silver Version's box. It holds a really special place in my heart and there really is no Pokemon I love more. Its just a cool Pokemon and I love it.

My most favorite Pokemon is Pikachu. The thing is that, rabbits have always been my favorite animals, and when I was little I didn't knew Pikachu was based on a mouse. So I thought it might be based on rabbit, and started liking it.
And I also love the friendship between Ash and his Pikachu in the anime, another reason why Pikachu is a favorite.
I had also really enjoyed playing Pokemon Yellow because we get Pikachu as starter in it.

sableye is my #1 favorite, namely the vanilla form, though I like mega sableye almost as much. It's a ghostly hopkinsville goblin with crystals growing out of its body, it's such an amazingly cool concept that I couldn't not consider it my favorite. Especially considering I have an interest in both supernatural creatures and extraterrestrial life. It's also an incredibly fun pokemon to use, especially in its base form; this is why the prankster nerf makes me so angry. Sharpedo, stunfisk, and swalot are some other pokemon I am very fond towards.

Wow it's only halfway through the week and we've gotten so many replies already! Welcome to those new to the thread, hope you stay around to answer more fun questions in the future!

My favourite Pokémon has to be Gallade, back in Gen III, I loved Wally, he's such an inspiration to me. So when Gen IV came around with Gallade, I just knew it matched him perfectly.
The typing is a cool too, Fighting/Psychic, he has a great moveset and is a good attacker too. I love the design, just everything about Gallade. :bulbaLove:

Before Gen IV, my favourite Pokémon was Flygon, such a cool dragon type (though super annoying in Pokémon Ranger :p)
A special mention to Wynaut because :wynaut:
Another special mention to Toxapex for my favourite Gen VII Pokémon, a cool Water/Poison type with a neat design and Pokédex entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom