• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do really want to be a author/novelist. Hence why I frequent Writer's Workshop and the Writing Channel of our Discord now, as well as write fanfiction(check out my fic in the Banner below! Or don't).

Though how close I am to this? I haven't even started my novel and I go off to university in the fall so I lose time to write it then..............Ugggggggghhhhhhhh.

My part-time job now has nothing really to do with a dream job and I'm not getting close to achieving one, though I also don't have a dream job no matter how hard I try to think of one. Even as a kid I don't think anything ever really stood out as a goal to work toward. There's not really anything that I enjoy enough that would work as a career or be something I could ever actually do as a job, especially when I try to avoid being around people IRL as much as possible because it just totally drains me. When nearly everything involves people to some degree, it sucks being a super introvert. All I do now is work I settled for when I struggled to find anything else I could even do.
My dream job....is to figure out what I am even meant to do in life.

I live on welfare, and the only thing I have going for me in life is a volunteer seasonal job. And although I am certainly grateful for the job and I enjoy doing it, it honestly feels like I'm not doing enough for society. Because I'm not actually out there working for a paycheck. It feels like I'm inadequate even though people tell me otherwise.

People say that life is a journey, but I hate that. I would rather just be told what I am fated to do in life because I honestly don't know what I want to do with myself. I'm 26 years old and I still don't know. I've never known.
I feel for you; also 26 and like I said above, I've never really had a dream job, and it's hard for me to really feel passion for anything to have a dream to follow. As much as I didn't enjoy school (just hated being around all the other students and noise because I'm incredibly introverted), at least school was something I HAD to do and provided some structure. I didn't like school, but I excelled in it and it was just a daily thing that I did and did well without needing to think about what I wanted to do with my life. Ever since I graduated, I just... have felt lost, honestly. Being told what you're supposed to be doing is something I'd really like too.

My dream job is to become an author. I have almost finished the first draft of the manuscript of my very first novel, with only a couple of chapters remaining.
Although the real work starts after that. There will be editing and rewriting and more editing. Then I'll have to find an agent and a good publisher.
And my health isn't all that good right now.
So I am still quite away from achieving my dream and my health isn't being supportive at all. :(

(03/07/2019) - What game/game genre do you play the most?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What game/game genre do you play the most?
nj0.png

I wanted to thank everyone for sharing such a personal story with last weeks question, talking about your hopes and dreams, it's always inspiring for me to see. :bulbaLove:

I also wanted to thank all of you who have stuck with the thread for these last six months, let's hope we can keep going for another six!
I'm also out of questions again, so the quality will drop a bit

RPGs and fighting games mostly.

For RPGs, among my favorites are Pokémon (obviously), Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The 7th Stand User.

For fighting games: Tekken, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Super Smash Bros., and weird crossover fighting games like Jump Ultimate Stars, DreamMix TV World Fighters and Sunday vs Magazine.

For a third genre, I also like Visual Novels, although I have trouble finding good ones, or at least, ones that are not dating sims.

I'm a big fan of action RPGs. Stuff like the Tales series (despite only playing two so far), Kingdom Hearts, or the recent Final Fantasy titles. I also enjoy... Whatever genre you'd put modern Sonic games in. Turn based RPGs are also likely to be a hit, but it's gotta hook me with the story, because the gameplay won't be doing it. On that note I should say that I'll likely play most things with a good story, unless the gameplay is too dull for me to put up with (Like Xenoblade 2).

What is your favourite animal and why?
I love wolves. Their pack structure is really cool, and way more complex than the classic Alpha/Omega stereotype would have you believe. Also they're just lie big doggos, and doggos are an objective good.

Outside of Pokemon, my favourite game genre is probably PC adventure games - Sierra's King's Quest and Space Quest series for example. Also Zork Nemesis is a prominent one. I also like some puzzle games. The Incredible Machine comes to mind. Some other games on PC that I love are Neverball, Peggle/Peggle Nights and World of Goo.

I play a lot of JRPGs. I've yet to finish Octopath Traveler, need to start on Ys VIII, need to finish Tales of Vesperia, need to progress a bit more in Disgaea... @_@ I'm also considering getting I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear (maybe the latter since the former would probably be too sad for me).

So yeah. I love JRPGs.

I play a lot of JRPGs. I've yet to finish Octopath Traveler, need to start on Ys VIII, need to finish Tales of Vesperia, need to progress a bit more in Disgaea... @_@ I'm also considering getting I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear (maybe the latter since the former would probably be too sad for me).

So yeah. I love JRPGs.
Is Octopath good? It is giving me SaGa Frontier vibes, which is nice for me, but I want to know so I can add it to my list of things I would like on the Switch.

Is Octopath good? It is giving me SaGa Frontier vibes, which is nice for me, but I want to know so I can add it to my list of things I would like on the Switch.

I personally actually like it a lot! I haven't gotten too far in the game though, but I don't mind for what I've played so far. My big criticism about the game is pretty much a common criticism the game has always had: the characters barely ever interact with each other, so it can feel rather odd playing each character separately with not much intertwining, if that makes sense.

I personally actually like it a lot! I haven't gotten too far in the game though, but I don't mind for what I've played so far. My big criticism about the game is pretty much a common criticism the game has always had: the characters barely ever interact with each other, so it can feel rather odd playing each character separately with not much intertwining, if that makes sense.
Nah, what happened there is also what happened back then in SaGa Frontier, although part of it was because they released the game before completing it, leaving half the game in the cutting room floor (the holes in the plot had to be filled with a Japan-only book).

In other words, I want to play the game to see how SaGa would be like without being rushed.

that's the reason why I quit playing Octopath, actually (the no characters interacting with eachother thing). It also had the downfall of reminding me a lot of Tales of Phantasia (my favourite game) without being anywhere near as good, so every time I tried to play Octopath I kept wishing I was playing ToP instead.

Genre: Definitely RPGs, mainly JRPGs since I like things being more stylized. My preference is for turn-based, but action ones are good too (like, I really love FFXV even if it is more action than turn-based). Final Fantasy, Skies of Arcadia, Paper Mario, Atelier, Fire Emblem (more strategy or tactical RPG or whatever you call it, but whatever), that sort of thing.

I also like mascot platformers a decent bit, like Sonic and Mario and stuff. I'm also not sure what to call this, but games that are heavily story-oriented with some third-person shooter gameplay... those are good too. Like LA Noire and Mafia 2/3 and the Metal Gear series (at least starting with Solid on PS1), that sort of stuff. I also like horror games, but moreso watching my sisters play them since I like enjoying the story mostly and I take forever to get through survival horror games because I move slowly in them out of caution haha.

Game: the playtime I have for Sonic Adventure 2 between all the consoles that I own a copy for is honestly probably ridiculous in how high it is lol, so I'd say it is probably the game I've played the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom