• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisngly, it's not Wooper.

My favouite Pokémon is Umbreon because it reminds me of my old dogs (both black Dutch Shepherds) and because as a kid I was afraid of the dark (and I still keep a nightlight in my room, mostly because I don't like the dark, I don't fear it anymore), so I'd imagine having my own Umbreon with me to light up rooms or the outside whenever it was dark. Sappy maybe but it is how it is lol.

Golurk.

That big lug is the reason I enjoyed Gen V and the reason I got hype for Unova. The moment I saw it, it seized my heart in its hands and refused to let go. And I didn't put up a fight, either.

I've wanted a robot Pokemon for years and Golurk was the answer. I adore that big foolish ghost-bot; it'll always be my baby.

(27/03/2019) - What do you do to relax?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:
What do you do to relax?
nj0.png

I generally go pick some some songs that I like, among them are:

• The B.O.L.T. - Genius
  • The B.O.L.T. - Everyone's the Same
  • Bastille - Pompei
  • Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (Come Fighting)
  • A t o m - Satellite (Live)
  • A t o m - You're Not Alone (Rock Band Mix)
  • Kansas - Icarus - Borne on Wings of Steel
  • Bearstronaut - Shadow
  • Rush - The Spirit of Radio
  • Forever from Now - People Like You
  • Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
  • Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise (Rock Band Mix)
  • Tiny Danza - Beat Fly
  • Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc.
And I have to stop now or I will continue typing.

I call it "scream therapy" but if you Google scream therapy that's not what it is. Basically I put on headphones, turn up the volume really loud, and put on some rock or metal and just scream along to the lyrics really loudly. Bust out my ear drums and my vocal chords but I always feel better afterwards. I only really do this when I'm super stressed out th0, and apparently the neighbours can't hear me so nobody cares.

If I'm just relaxing without being super stressed out I'm either sleeping (I've been known to sleep for like 24 hours before) or lying in front of the computer like a useless lump, shitposting on Discord.

I do a variety of things to relax but I'll just keep it to two.

The main thing I'll do is have a cup of coffee because to me nothing relaxes me like my coffee. Whether it's taking a break at work and walking to go get one, clearing my mind in the process or it's just making one at home, just sitting back and drinking a cup of coffee puts me in a relaxed mood.

Beyond that I'll listen to some music. Preferably not the hard rock/metal/grunge music I normally listen to, something more peaceful, like maybe some anime OST.

Generally, I try to do things that really occupy my attention or keep my mind off things to relax. That's usually either playing video games (sometimes mobile gacha ones since those are grindy and give me something to focus on and feel like I'm actually making progress with, but they're also not particularly difficult so they're easy to just sorta play like a zombie) or listening to music. Though paradoxically with music, I oddly don't like "relaxing" music to relax to lol. I have to listen to stuff that makes me want to dance in my seat or get up and dance a bit while lip-syncing haha. It helps me focus solely on the music and the lyrics rather than the otherwise very frequent worries on my mind, and sometimes moving around while listening to it lets me work off a bit of extra energy and get ready to wind down.

Reading also helps me relax, but unfortunately I don't read much anymore. But over the summer when I would read a bit of the Fafner in the Azure novelization, it definitely helped me sleep a little easier since I guess it relaxed me.

Go to my local park like today and generally take a walk around downtown and admire the scenery. It actually does de-stress me a lot because the park is just so... peaceful. Everyone's walking their dogs, jogging, generally in a good mood and whatever. It's the perfect place whenever I just want to walk around or sit down on a bench and just zone out, especially while listening to music!

It's something I really need to do more often!

Go to my local park like today and generally take a walk around downtown and admire the scenery. It actually does de-stress me a lot because the park is just so... peaceful. Everyone's walking their dogs, jogging, generally in a good mood and whatever. It's the perfect place whenever I just want to walk around or sit down on a bench and just zone out, especially while listening to music!

It's something I really need to do more often!
That's something I like, too. Although I have the problem of not having the park near enough, a neighbor that has an aggressive dog that she swears wouldn't do anything and not knowing how to drive. However, the times I go there, I end up feeling refreshed and relaxed.

I tend to do stuff like just chat with people on Discord. I can spend hours just talking to people and not realise.
Other things I like to do is just read stuff, or play a simple video game like Sonic Mania or Pokemon. If a game's too complicated though I'm just likely to come out of it more stressed than I went in.

I blog. If it's been particularly stressful, I'll post a cat video. Sometimes I'll post poetry or gather together some links for my Weekly Reader posts. If someone did something really egregious, I make an @$$hat of the Week post.

I'm on WordPress, if you're interested.

My interests constantly change, as such do the things I like to do to relax...
Watching TV shows or Anime, reading manga/books, playing video games, all these things help me relax.

I play the Pokemon Trading Card Game every Monday, getting me out of the house and having fun with others. I play Pathfinder with friends fortnightly on Monday and then Board games fortnightly Tuesdays.
I like to get out of the house a lot so I'm not cooped up inside all the time, which can stress me out and doesn't help my mental health.

There's a burrito chain I like called Zambrero's. For one thing, burritos are just good. It's scientific fact. For another, every time you buy a burrito or bowl they donate food to somewhere that needs it, so it's good to just go get a burrito every now and then.

Another place I like is Fasta Pasta. Again, mostly because I just love pasta, but they've got other stuff like pizza, fish, and even roasts and schnitzel. So even if you're not in a pasta mood there's still probably something you are in the mood for.

Another place that I somehow forgot the first time around: the arcade where I play Yu-Gi-Oh on the weekends makes fucking incredible burgers. Little bit expensive, so I don't get them every time I go, but they're still damn good burgers. I mean they have a fucking chicken parmy burger!

El Gran Inka, which is a Peruvian restaurant "near" here. I grew up on Peruvian food but some things, like anticuchos (veal hearts), are a bit too complicated to make at home so it's always great to get out there and eat some.

Another restaurant I really love is Tropical Chinese which, obviously, is a Chinese restaurant. We always order SO MUCH FOOD when we go there so we can take leftovers home. Peking duck is my favourite dish there, but we also order siu mai, har gow, cha shao bao, BBQ spare ribs, and a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom