• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ - What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?

MunchlaxKing88

In this game, everyone will lose!
Reaction score
there's something, i forget, but there's something named after pikachu, and there's a dinosaur fossil or something named after aerodactyl, charizard's shiny changed, and slowbro is supposedly the only pokemon that can devolve

Kung Fu Ferret

Horrific God of Decay
Reaction score
I have a few:

Lionesses prefer male lions with bigger/darker manes because it's a sign of strength and resilience or something.

Also Chris Farley was going to be the original voice for Shrek, but he passed away when he was about 95% done with recording. Then they re-wrote the entire script for Mike Myers.

Elvis Presley and Tom Hanks scare a common ancestor: Abraham Lincoln!

When the 1967 classic cartoon version of The Jungle Book was being made, Walt Disney personally gave some of his animators a copy of Kipling classic, and told them NOT to read it.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Also Chris Farley was going to be the original voice for Shrek, but he passed away when he was about 95% done with recording. Then they re-wrote the entire script for Mike Myers.
Wasn't Mike Myers the one that asked for the script changes, or I'm confusing it with another incident? IIRC, Myers is someone that is pretty difficult to work with.

Felly

hear me roar
Reaction score
I know a lot of random animal stuff from just picking things up at work. Like fish can eat peas to help cure swim bladder, which is basically an issue that causes them to swim weird but isn't fatal (in most cases), typically caused by overfeeding and constipation (but can also just be damage to the organ itself). Had to get some for my newer betta fish since he had swim bladder, and it's basically like a laxative for fish. You wouldn't really think fish would eat vegetables like peas, but hey, whatever helps 'em feel better, haha.

(And for the record, he's doing much better now! He seems to be more active and swimming around more overall.)

(03/10/2019) - Do you believe in the supernatural, if so what types?

ZinnLav

Brutally Honest
Reaction score

Question of the Week:

Do you believe in the supernatural, if so what types?

Lone_Garurumon

Metal Sonic
Reaction score
Well the obvious answer is Ghost Types, with a bit or Dark and Psychic mixed in.

In complete seriousness though, absolutely. The main thing I really put the most stock in is cryptids. I just can't believe that so many independent witnesses would claim to have seen these things if at least some of them weren't true.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Well, I'm a Christian, so I guess that counts in believing in the supernatural.

In complete seriousness though, absolutely. The main thing I really put the most stock in is cryptids. I just can't believe that so many independent witnesses would claim to have seen these things if at least some of them weren't true.
I kinda believe this, too, at least in the case of believable cryptids (as in, creatures that could actually live there) or are actually Lazarus species (animals that were believed to be extinct at one point, but were discovered again in nature).

noworry???

ֆȶǟʀ
Reaction score
i don’t really believe in anything supernatural. i love ghosts and hearing about haunted places but in the end i don’t really believe they’re there. it’s still interesting to know why some people do, though.

i’ll admit that i do believe in aliens, but not the green men we see on TV. i just think there’s life on other planets.

Last edited:

ExLight

Bored and Boring
Reaction score
I'm pretty skeptical overall, but I have a butsudan here at home and often pray and give it offerings despite not really believing it makes a difference.

The only thing I kinda believe in are premonitory dreams because I used to have them quite often, but I'm aware that it could've been my brain playing tricks on me.

Aulos

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Nah, I think if they really existed we'd have a better grasp on them than mere personal experiences.

EDIT: Are aliens really considered supernatural? I'm open to the idea of aliens because the concept of them is very plausible. The concept of them having super advanced technology and having contacted us? That's a claim I can't accept until it is proven, but that's a very specific claim.

Last edited:

Lone_Garurumon

Metal Sonic
Reaction score
The only thing I kinda believe in are premonitory dreams because I used to have them quite often, but I'm aware that it could've been my brain playing tricks on me.
OH MY FUCKING GOD YES ME TOO! Like, I'll have a dream or something, and forget about it entirely until ages later when the moment hits that I've seen this exact moment in time before!
Like, because I forget them pretty much instantly they're useless as actual premonitions but it absolutely fucking fucking happens.

FinalArcadia

♡ happy halloween ♡
Reaction score
Aliens yes, because there's just so much space that it seems reasonable to believe something else could be out there, even if it's not quite like how aliens are typically shown in media and stuff.

Ghosts yes also, partly because I'm just really desperate to believe that we keep existing in some conscious form after death. I've had some weird experiences with things that make me feel like ghosts are definitely possible, and boy do I hope they are. That said, I hate those ghost-hunting shows where the people are like "WHAT WAS THAT!?" about every little noise or anything they hear lol.

Stuff like psychics and things, ehhh. I think the kind of psychics that are fortune tellers and stuff are usually probably fake, but I'd be willing to believe that people can somehow tap into some kind of psychic power in a small way.

Kung Fu Ferret

Horrific God of Decay
Reaction score
This might be just me, but I'm, at the very least, skeptical about the supernatural.

Aliens, if they exist... I think they're avoiding us on purpose.

ThatAsianInTheCorner

Average Black Mage.
Reaction score
I am interested in the supernatural, because I read Creepypastas, Cryptids, and SCP, however, I am certain they don't exist.

Felly

hear me roar
Reaction score
I used to be kinda skeptical about it, but I had an experience about a little over a year ago that kinda changed my perspective on things.

For some back story on this, my dad lost his fight with cancer a little over a year and a half ago, at the beginning of January 2018. My mom and I went through some struggles that I won't get into here, but long story short, we're doing good now and getting life together and life is more or less great (but still kinda weird doing things and not being able to rely on my dad for stuff that we normally would've relied on him for).

Towards the end of May 2018, I had this dream after my mom and I moved into this place that I really was adamant about not wanting to go to. It was our first night there, and it was a little bit of a rough night for me. I don't remember too many details of the dream itself, but I remember seeing two yellow, glowing figures at the end of my bed. One looked almost like my dad, and the other I'm guessing was my maternal grandmother (that I never actually met because she passed before I was born, also from cancer). It freaked me out at first because I woke up and kinda panicked a bit (but not too much since I had a roommate that I didn't want to bother with my freaking out), but overall, it was actually really soothing knowing their presence was there and I saw them, albeit in a dream.

I also think it's kinda funny that despite all the jobs I'd applied to after graduating last year, the first job I actually got a call from that actually led to an interview and an actual job was at a PetSmart. My degree has nothing to do with animals, animal care, or even businesses in general; my degree is in English with a concentration in journalism with minors in international studies and communications. At best, I can stretch my communication skills into the job if the opportunity ever comes up, but other than that, it's just your typical retail job. But I think it's funny because when my dad was in hospice, he kept saying he saw a dog; now admittedly, this was probably because of the meds he was on because there was no dog in the room, but I think of how I got my job at the store I'm at now and how he kept swearing up and down there was a dog in the hospice room when there wasn't, and I just see a connection, like there's some kinda supernatural force in play or something.