• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had resources to use like in a show or movie that people always seem to have I'd do like I do to Feral Ghouls indoors in Fallout 4. Lead them into one room, and watch them set off a fragmentation mine, then finish off any stragglers.

But of course I'd never have such resources, so more likely I'd just go off to sleep somewhere and just wait to die assuming there'd be no hope for survival anyways.

If there were still other people (and my cats haha) I cared about alive, I'd probably keep fighting to some extent. Mainly by trying to hide, but trying to learn how to use a gun would be a priority too. If, like, my family was dead though? Yeah, I'd probably just be a sobbing mess and not have much will to try to survive, honestly. Not like there'd be much left to live for anyway IMO.

I suppose I'd likely try to find a boat and get far out into the water. I don't imagine zombies are very good at swimming. Ideally I'd go out into the ocean and find an island, but if that couldn't happen, I'm close by the great lakes, which could be sufficient as well. I'd likely be able to get to the ocean from the great lakes. I imagine a good amount of other people would think of this too, though, so I doubt it would be easy to pull off. There's also a high chance I'd have to return to the mainland from time to time for various supplies.

if that couldn't happen, or if the idea just didn't appeal to me as much for some reason, I guess I could start a gang or something to help me survive. Or at least join a gang. With all the chaos and lawlessness, it would be easier to get away with punishing people who deserve it. Unless the zombies get to them first. A dead pleb is a dead pleb, I suppose.

in a zombie apocalypse, I imagine it would be difficult to maintain a supply of the hormones I need. Obtaining as much of them as possible would be a top priority for me.

Last edited:
Hide in my public library, that's my bunker when the apocalypse happens.

And if I need fire for some strange reason, I can burn all the copies of the books I hate. Like Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn and Harry Potter.

Hmm, this depends, are they shamblers or can they move with any kind of speed?

Shamblers should probably be fine provided we have people on watch and stuff we shouldn't get overwhelmed or anything.

If it's sprinters then hot damn am I fucked. I am not a runner so I'd probably be that guy who can't get away and dies in episode 1 to set the stakes.

(23/10/2019) - What kind of things scare you?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:

What kind of things scare you?
nj0.png

It's probably easier for me to make a bullet list for this
  • Heights and very tall buildings. I hate being high up and I hate looking up at tall buildings.
  • Any bird larger than a sparrow
  • Dead bodies; mummified or rotten ones in particular. I'm also fearful of finding skeletons in walls or in encased in concrete in front of my apartment. Don't know why, since that almost never actually happens. I don't care about gore or infected body parts, just no rot please.
  • Types of food where I cannot distinguish the exact ingredients that are in it. Particularly things like thick soups or sauces, purées, pastes, meatloaves (loafs?), curries...
  • That I'll suddenly get an allergic reaction again for no reason and die because I forgot which of my half dozen bags I left my epipen(s) in the day before.
  • Debt

Last edited:
Germs, that's the main factor of my fears, and getting into an accident that could harm one's life.

• Bees
  • Spiders
  • Scorpions
  • Static electricity (getting shocked)
  • Bullies
  • Financial failure
  • Losing my home due to politics

aside my strong phobia against blood/gore i don't have a lot of fears.

something that does creep me out though, especially during nighttime, are mirrors. mostly because of this phenomenon i heard about a while back. if you stare at your own face (specifically your eyes) in the mirror for too long, your face starts changing and often ends up looking low-key demonic. it's just a result of your brain getting bored and altering how you see things. still freaky, though.

aside my strong phobia against blood/gore i don't have a lot of fears.
I forgot about gore. You can show me buckets of blood and I'll be fine, but show me one organ and I start feeling sick. Heck, one play they forced us to go to used paper strips for intestines once and it was enough to make me sick.

Bees scare me Im generally really not comfortable around them or even looking at pics of lots of bees at a timepublic
I also really dont like tarantulas they just really disturb and freak me out, though other spiders are fine.
Other things that scare me are:
Fires
The idea of getting into a car accident/driving
fainting in public
public embarassment
getting yelled at
getting doxxed/attacked by online hate mobs
abandonment
getting hurt by people/getting beat up/assaulted
pregnancy and childbirth, so no kids for me
losing friends
losing my job
getting broke/financial ruin
germs
heights
being touched by people I dont know
loud noises
people getting angry with me
rejection
bullying
being hated
hostile/aggressive people
pain
fast moving things/moving really fast

Last edited:
  • Loud noises - I have hyperacusis and every loud noise is like bullets in my ears. It's even harder in the dark or at night, since my other senses heighten and everything gets louder, and that I sometimes hear cats and foxes fighting in our area.
  • Babies and very small children - The same reason above.
  • Maggots - I hate the way they move. I'm also afraid that one will fall on me and start eating my skin.
  • Anger - I've battled with anger problems most of my life and there's always that lingering fear that I will one day lose it completely and go on a rampage and hurt someone. Other people's anger scares me as well, because I automatically think they're suddenly going to turn violent and my fight or flight instinct takes over.
  • Face paint - This is an on-and-off phobia that has gotten better over the years and cosplaying has helped me somewhat overcome it, but it was much worse when I was much younger. To me, it just distorted how a person's face looked, even if it was someone I knew and I was worried it wouldn't come off like a tattoo. It got so bad that I ended up avoiding things like friends' parties, fetes, Halloween and even school plays.
  • Dr Seuss books - Okay, this is a bizarre one, but the eyes of the characters creep me out so much. I generally can't stand any characters designed with pie-eyes (like in old school cartoons) or crescent moon pupils (the only exception is Rayman, since his first design had these). They just look so incomplete and alien. I think eyes in general just creep me out, which explains why I sometimes struggle with maintaining eye contact.
  • Losing my parents - My mum has pretty much been my best friend most of my life, and both she and my dad have always been my rock. But since they're getting older, especially now that my dad is deaf, I just can't help but worry for their health.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom