• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty skeptical overall, but I have a butsudan here at home and often pray and give it offerings despite not really believing it makes a difference.

The only thing I kinda believe in are premonitory dreams because I used to have them quite often, but I'm aware that it could've been my brain playing tricks on me.

Nah, I think if they really existed we'd have a better grasp on them than mere personal experiences.

EDIT: Are aliens really considered supernatural? I'm open to the idea of aliens because the concept of them is very plausible. The concept of them having super advanced technology and having contacted us? That's a claim I can't accept until it is proven, but that's a very specific claim.

Last edited:
The only thing I kinda believe in are premonitory dreams because I used to have them quite often, but I'm aware that it could've been my brain playing tricks on me.
OH MY FUCKING GOD YES ME TOO! Like, I'll have a dream or something, and forget about it entirely until ages later when the moment hits that I've seen this exact moment in time before!
Like, because I forget them pretty much instantly they're useless as actual premonitions but it absolutely fucking fucking happens.

Aliens yes, because there's just so much space that it seems reasonable to believe something else could be out there, even if it's not quite like how aliens are typically shown in media and stuff.

Ghosts yes also, partly because I'm just really desperate to believe that we keep existing in some conscious form after death. I've had some weird experiences with things that make me feel like ghosts are definitely possible, and boy do I hope they are. That said, I hate those ghost-hunting shows where the people are like "WHAT WAS THAT!?" about every little noise or anything they hear lol.

Stuff like psychics and things, ehhh. I think the kind of psychics that are fortune tellers and stuff are usually probably fake, but I'd be willing to believe that people can somehow tap into some kind of psychic power in a small way.

I used to be kinda skeptical about it, but I had an experience about a little over a year ago that kinda changed my perspective on things.

For some back story on this, my dad lost his fight with cancer a little over a year and a half ago, at the beginning of January 2018. My mom and I went through some struggles that I won't get into here, but long story short, we're doing good now and getting life together and life is more or less great (but still kinda weird doing things and not being able to rely on my dad for stuff that we normally would've relied on him for).

Towards the end of May 2018, I had this dream after my mom and I moved into this place that I really was adamant about not wanting to go to. It was our first night there, and it was a little bit of a rough night for me. I don't remember too many details of the dream itself, but I remember seeing two yellow, glowing figures at the end of my bed. One looked almost like my dad, and the other I'm guessing was my maternal grandmother (that I never actually met because she passed before I was born, also from cancer). It freaked me out at first because I woke up and kinda panicked a bit (but not too much since I had a roommate that I didn't want to bother with my freaking out), but overall, it was actually really soothing knowing their presence was there and I saw them, albeit in a dream.

I also think it's kinda funny that despite all the jobs I'd applied to after graduating last year, the first job I actually got a call from that actually led to an interview and an actual job was at a PetSmart. My degree has nothing to do with animals, animal care, or even businesses in general; my degree is in English with a concentration in journalism with minors in international studies and communications. At best, I can stretch my communication skills into the job if the opportunity ever comes up, but other than that, it's just your typical retail job. But I think it's funny because when my dad was in hospice, he kept saying he saw a dog; now admittedly, this was probably because of the meds he was on because there was no dog in the room, but I think of how I got my job at the store I'm at now and how he kept swearing up and down there was a dog in the hospice room when there wasn't, and I just see a connection, like there's some kinda supernatural force in play or something.

I like ghosts and demons well enough in fiction, but I don't believe they exist in real life.

I do believe in aliens though. Not tall, bug-eyed gray monsters that ride in UFOs and make crop circles or anything like that. But maybe there's some bacteria on another planet or on some meteor somewhere, idk.

I don't really believe in anything supernatural like ghosts. I do believe in aliens though, but I wouldn't consider them supernatural.

Yes, I do. Idk about aliens, but I do strongly believe in spirits. As a general rule of thumb (and because it's my moral ethos), I would go so far as to never piss off or cross the dead, mostly because I feel like terrible things would happen. Not like, them rising out of the grave like zombies for revenge or anything like that, but like... terrible karma or something.

Last edited:
(10/10/2019) - You have the ability to control one element of your choosing. Which is it and why?
nj0.png

Question of the Week:

You have the ability to control one element of your choosing. Which is it and why?
nj0.png

Is Light or Dark a thing

and which elements are we talking about
is it the chinese ones (wood, fire, earth, metal, and water)
or the classical ones (earth, water, air, fire, aether)

For some reason I feel like more of an air/wind person.
I don't know why, I don't even care about wind, all others are so much cooler.

I'd control carbon, if it meant I could make a living off of converting things into diamonds. :whistle:

and which elements are we talking about
is it the chinese ones (wood, fire, earth, metal, and water)
or the classical ones (earth, water, air, fire, aether)
I like to keep the questions as open ended as possible, an element is an element, however you decide to interpret it, such as Tood and Carbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom