• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

Instead you just made me feel a lot better about myself. Nice work.

I am not an excercise person :(
But does it really help with things like headaches?

I don't trust pills and I think the pharmaceutical industry can go to hell, so I never take that stuff. However, I've never really had many serious issues in the way of health. That could be a coincidence, or maybe or there's something to it, or maybe I have the same problems everyone else does but I just deal with it. I'm not sure myself. I've never really even understood what a headache is, so I don't know if I've ever had one.

You also never done any regular check up.?

Cause many people though they are OK before they've done any medication, more because they are not aware of their own health problem.

I also prefer physically fit but my bed is so comfy and I too lazy to start go out and do some sports.

I don't trust pills and I think the pharmaceutical industry can go to hell, so I never take that stuff.

Given my pills are sometimes the only things that lessen the chances of having an anxiety attack, I'm quite fond of the pharmaceutical industry.

I remember going through exercises while I was sick once with a sore throat (back when I had an aerobics class in high school) and afterwards, I felt better. :O

I am not an excercise person :(
But does it really help with things like headaches?

Theoritically yes.

Staying fit *with regular exercise* means you have better metabolism and less regular medical problem like blood pressure *high or low*, that usually related to regular health problem *like headache*.

Also heating your body through excersises improved your cells activity that improve your imunity to disease like common cold and flu.

Also need to be understood that body will only start 'heated' after 15 minutes of light excersies. And do any more 'heavy' sport before it will cause muscle cramps and light injuries.

*damn it I need to sound less serious. Due to my old jobs I also make sport and lifestyles articles a lot.... lolz*

Last edited:

I don't trust pills and I think the pharmaceutical industry can go to hell, so I never take that stuff.

Given my pills are sometimes the only things that lessen the chances of having an anxiety attack, I'm quite fond of the pharmaceutical industry.

At the risk of sounding incredibly insensitive, I think there are probably ways to nip problems like that in the bud. I also feel our modern society encourages (or at least tolerates) the development of anxiety-type illnesses.

I don't trust pills and I think the pharmaceutical industry can go to hell, so I never take that stuff. However, I've never really had many serious issues in the way of health. That could be a coincidence, or maybe or there's something to it, or maybe I have the same problems everyone else does but I just deal with it. I'm not sure myself. I've never really even understood what a headache is, so I don't know if I've ever had one.

You also never done any regular check up.?

Cause many people though they are OK before they've done any medication, more because they are not aware of their own health problem.

I also prefer physically fit but my bed is so comfy and I too lazy to start go out and do some sports.

I do go in for check-ups, I've still never had anything serious turn up.

At the risk of sounding incredibly insensitive, I think there are probably ways to nip problems like that in the bud. I also feel our modern society encourages (or at least tolerates) the development of anxiety-type illnesses.
Like the kind I was born with?

Medication and envioramental support both needed to reduces most psychological-type illnesses' effect, like anxiety-type illnesses.

Also, need to be noted that most medicine for THIS kind of illness is not legally 'cheap' *2nd most expensive medicines after Heart Attack medicines*.

Like the kind I was born with?

There's no way for me to know any better than what's in my own head. I apologize if I sounded ignorant. I'm just saying there's no logical way for me to be sure whether or not I have some sort of anxiety and just deal with it, or if I don't and I simply don't know what it's like. I also apologize if I'm not making sense to you right now. :p

In short Lyrebird is amazing because she loves to exercise and exercise and a great diet is amazing because then you'll feel amazing to as you type a long ass sentence about stuff that you don't even know what you are typing about but I mean it could be totally worse.

I think.

I wonder if being healthy makes you type like Lyrebird. That'd be fun.

Definitely would not recommend to take pills unless it's totally necessary. Doctors in the US prescribe medications like they're candy--it's pretty disturbing. The medical science used to determine which drugs are effective is corrupt, on top of that. Do everything you can to avoid getting into a situation where you become dependent on the stuff; do not buy into it for mere comfort or convenience.

Preventative measures are of paramount importance. This means getting enough exercise, eating decently (vitamins and other supplements are sometimes recommended) and getting enough sunlight outside.

People underestimate the benefits of exercise entirely; most believe that it's just about maintaining a healthy weight. Exercise can actually help improve mental health and mood (think depression.)
Getting enough sunlight is also very important. It helps your body generate vitamins and helps control your mental state.

Unfortunately, it goes without saying that some people will still need the drugs, but it would be great if a large portion of the population could learn to help itself instead--without relying on the evil stuff. :<

But you also said you hated exercise and didn't want to swim! Swimming is actually one of the healthiest forms of exercise you can do. It's good for your cardiovascular system, it's good for your back, and it's even fairly good at helping you build muscle. Put your mind to it and give it a serious try. You can even pretend you're a kyogre. xd

I swim a lot... in the past.

Have no money to compete with this hobby right now.

I haven't gone swimming in I think at least two years. There's nothing about it I really like, especially when it comes to the beach, I can't stand the beach. Although there is one beach that goes against everything I just said, and that's Siesta Key, which I live close to and people will tell you is one of the best beaches in the world, for good reason. The sand feels like you're walking on sugar, it's blissful.

I'm thinking of going on medication at least until I find some sort of stability in my life. Then I'll probably try and ease off them in favor of the things that Kadabra has mentioned. As it stands I'm just too neurotic.

Also swimming is nice.

Back
Top Bottom