• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

lol jeans are fine if you were a dres shirt

itsmandatory to wear a suit for like law stuff and firms etc but for anything else jeans and a dress shirt should suffice

Oh so not. Dress shirt and jeans is so scruffy but hey if you want to take that risk, go for it. Jeans are so not right especially with a dress shirt, it's like formal casual and casual is so not in sync with a job interview. I mean why take that risk in a job interview for little gain.

I have had two jobs, both with jeans and a t-shirt during the interview. Although I find professional jobs I would need to wear a suit.

While it is dependent on the job, it just looks daggy to a job interview. Then again I never been rejected after a job interview, so that helps but I dress so well.

So my brother brought over his Gold Version so I could do some grinding for his team. It's been a while since I've played a Gen 2 game in a genuine Game Boy, felt good man.

To me the newer Pokemon games don't have the same soul. It's all about legendaries and story lines. Not same.

In Lyrebird news, I'm amazing and apparently having several scented candles lit up is not as sexy as I thought it was.

Oh, I don't know, I think the new games have as much soul, it just works differently. Like pizza and milk, one's not worse or better than the other, they just work in different ways. I honestly had a blast playing Diamond and Pearl when they came out, same for Black and White and X and Y.

Saying no soul is incorrect. I should have said a different soul I didn't like. It's like do you want the overblown story or a chill out game? I'm the latter. Get the badges, battle the trainers and keep it simple.

It is true they've gotten very different and dont quite have the same feel or even the same charm the older games have had, that being said I did enjoy BW and BW2. But Gen 6 does have a different feel than the previous games have had, not sure if its because they made the jump to 3D finally or what, I wont say they're bad games though.

I think Pokemon design has fallen quite a bit, and we see it every year with top ten Pokemon lists. Mostly Gen 1 Pokemon, a couple from Gen 2, and then maybe 1 from Gen 3-6.

Here's a list from Dorkly.

The top ten are:

Charizard
Mewtwo
Blastoise
Mew
Gengar
Lugia
Arcanine
Dragonite
Rayquaza
Typhlosion

And compare that to IGN's list.

Charizard
Mewtwo
Blastoise
Lugia
Dragonite
Mew
Rayquaza
Zapdos
Tyranitar
Zekrom

Design is fine. Eventually ideas will be different. It is just like back then it was an easier chill out game but now with competitive gaming, storylines and a lot of postgame it is just a different game.

I wanna try out a F.E.A.R. Rattata someday for shits 'n' giggles, it sounds fun. That and a team of Dunsparce just to see how far I get. Beyond that tho, I just kinda ignore the competitive scene for the most part.

It's kind of fun watching the battles, but it's a little over-hyped and every single person in the VGC will have a Landorus, Thundurus, Cresselia, Heatran, Garchomp or Tyranitar. Seeing that over and over again gets boring really fast.

I wouldn't watch E-Gaming or people youtubing their games. It is not something that I find interesting.

A good old written walkthrough is good enough for me. Plus you don't have to pause and wait and stuff like that. Just read and go.

I actually used to read walkthroughs in my spare time once. The only time I watch gameplay videos are for either longplays or dumb things.

Lyrebird advice for the month: If you're going to hire a stripper for a friend, make sure your friend can use her teeth to take off the stripper's clothes. Also Lyrebird advice No. 2 - If you're at the airport, dress to impress like you're a businessman or woman who's working overseas while reading the Economist and where it is assumed you're going to stay at the best hotels and have an affair on your partner.

Back
Top Bottom