• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Supes vs Bats is something I don't think I'll watch until/if it makes DVD. But I'd go see Deadpool again in a heartbeat. Something about Ben Affleck makes me want to back away slowly and then run. He's got the chin for Batman but I just can't see him pulling it off.

I agree, 7JayDee7, that Marvel has some good stuff. They are my go to guys, even after Disney bought them. Although the Nick Fury movie with David Hasselhoff and the Punisher movie with Dolph Lungren are probably better off forgotten.

They pretty much are forgotten. I can't wait for Spiderman, and I think he gets the Iron Spider suit in Civil War. His CGI eyes are pretty cool too.

If only he didn't side with Team Iron Pants! *angst* . . . I have just outed myself as Team Cap, haven't I?

Yep. I'm actually Team Iron Man. I think Cap is looking a bit selfish in the trailers that they've showed us. Iron Man should win with his team. He has the Vision, Black Panther, War Machine, Black Widow and now Spiderman. Cap's best member is Scarlett Witch. Other than that, do they have any powered members. Hawkeye's good with a bow, Cap's got a shield, Buck has a metal arm, Ant-Man is strong and small and Falcon can fly. I'm on Iron Man's side because they seem to be depicting Cap as being more selfish than the comics.

They are fighting because the government wants them to have limited power, and they want to kill Cap's friend. It's in the trailers. It's slightly different in the comics. It's about them revealing their identities to the public. Cap doesn't, Iron Man does.

Yeah, all the trailers I've seen is just a list of all of the people in the movie and then them yelling as they charge at eachother across some industrial wasteland.

I do remember in one of the cartoons SHIELD wanted them to reveal their identities (and come work for SHIELD) but it wasn't a big ol' thing. They were all just like, lolno. (probably didn't help that it was that Maria Hill or whatever chick trying to make them do it and nobody cares what she thinks)

Late but perhaps they're going back to the classic Green Goblin is the antagonist? Unless that was just for the Old Spider-Man movies that came out before TAS ones that I never watched, I dunno. I...should really sit down and try to read some of the comics.

I used to really enjoy watching The Amazing Spider-Man cartoon in the 90s, along with X-Men, and the DCAU. Those were truly some of the greatest superhero series I have ever seen.
There's been some good stuff from both fronts too in the animated genre recently.
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Young Justice were both great shows that were cancelled before their time. :/

My favourite super hero is pro'lly Peter Parker's non-emo Spiderman, and my favourite sueprvillian is either Green Goblior Madvillian.

I loved Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes too :\ I'm nooooooooot sure how I feel about Avengers Assemble, which is supposed to be a "loose sequel" or whatever the actual words are. Words. Me talk good.

I also really liked X-Men: Evolution. That was my favourite show for awhile. I tried to like Ultimate Spiderman or whatever the current one is but ehhhh... the episodes are pretty hit or miss whether I like them or not.

Back
Top Bottom