• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

2 bachelor's sounds cool but I probably wouldn't go for it, I'd rather continue on the studies of my first one and go for Master or PhD

I see, that's a different case from what I had in mind, in which you get the first bachelor, then get a job, then go for a second one because of the job.
I was thinking of which path to take before I can find a job, because unfortunately it's quite difficult to find a job with just a bachelor's here, too little supply too much demand.

Well it's finally official, got the last grade I needed yesterday evening. I've passed my first year woo! ^^;

Personally I haven't really thought about doing a second bachelor since with my IT bachelor I can pretty much work everywhere in a development team. I am planning on doing a masters in Artificial Intelligence though. As even though it's a more specialized job where are less spots for, I still think it'd be amazing if I'd be able to get a job as A.I. Developer

Well it's finally official, got the last grade I needed yesterday evening. I've passed my first year woo! ^^;

Personally I haven't really thought about doing a second bachelor since with my IT bachelor I can pretty much work everywhere in a development team. I am planning on doing a masters in Artificial Intelligence though. As even though it's a more specialized job where are less spots for, I still think it'd be amazing if I'd be able to get a job as A.I. Developer
Congrats!

Sounds like a good plan, I agree that with an IT bachelor you don't need something else. Hope it works out for you, we'll be here in a few years to see :)

My father does that before I'm even done with the bachelor's.
There are horror stories even in the pre-grad engineering school :(

Undergrad wasn't fun, to be sure. I almost literally did not sleep for four years of my life, but I've found that, having gone through that grueling ordeal, it was worthwhile.
While my current job isn't exactly what I want to do with my life forever, it is in the field I had hoped to get into, and it certainly pays me better than a lot of other jobs that people in my age group get paid.

From the sounds of it... I'm glad I didn't go into engineering, because if it wasn't for IT, I might've very well followed along that path.

Despite my avatar, I have no desire to see Super Fs on my Report Cards.
About Avatars, I've been thinking about switching mine up... Not entirely sure yet as to what though... Anyone got some ideas for inspiration?

About Avatars, I've been thinking about switching mine up... Not entirely sure yet as to what though... Anyone got some ideas for inspiration?
Ah the perfect place and the perfect time to ask this.
I'm thinking of switching my avatar. What are your thoughts on it considering that ity might not link to my username anymore and that I have used this for around 7 years iirc. Some people like @CheffOfGames and @SoaringDylan are very used to it.
Im not sure what to do so I would like some thought from those mentioned above and others, any advice / thought is welcome.

Personally, I'm just glad to be done with my undergrad degree. Don't think if I'm willing to pursue a Masters or Ph. D in Physics though considering that Physics as an undergrad for me was very difficult for me. I mean, it was worth it but oh my god, doing those problem sets.

And I do need a new avatar. Actually, I would like to change into a different theme but I also like to keep my username as it too.

I'm keeping my username as it is too, tried to get something different years ago but everyone would keep calling me Zexy so there was no point.
For now I'm also keeping my avatar, I like Torchic because of both TPP and it being my first Pokemon ever, my first game was Sapphire.

Dont think I will ever really dump this name it would take like really bad associations or something. I do have a name in mind to temp change to but I cant use it right now for spoilery reasons dealing with an anime, it is gonna be quite a while.

My username has become so iconic that I can't get rid of it.

...well, if I did it would almost certainly have to be for another name with the initials M.E.
But it's not gonna happen. I'm quite content with this username.
Same here, it has quite the meaning to me:
I did not make my pic myself. I found it on the internet one day to fit with my username when I made it.
The origin of my username is pretty simple, being devided into 3 parts (Darth, Wolf and 13).
I'm a big Star Wars fan, my favorite character being Darth Vader. I always loved the Sith so giving myself the title of Darth made sense.
Next I added my favorite animal, being the Wolf. From birth there was a dog in my family so I was pretty used to having a dog. Sadly she passed away when I was 4 years old. When I was 6 my parents got us a new dog, a black Labrador. He stayed with me for 10 years. Since I am a an only child I saw him as my brother. Red was always my favorite colour and when he came in the family black got added to it, especially the combo with red (just like his collar.) This also added to the point of liking the Sith. You can see why the dog-like animals are my favorite. Wolves just look the coolest and wildest to me. The black colour is related to both the Darth title and my dog.
When I made it I also added a number to get certainty that it would be unique. 13 is my favorite, mostly for the reason that most people see it as bad luck. I kinda take as the evil number that adds to my avatar.
I see this avatar as my spirit animal now. I have considered a change of pic recently, but to no success that can overthrow this one.

Still thinking to change the pic though, not sure if I should.

Back
Top Bottom