• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Wow. That sounds pretty horrible. So best wishes to him, and I hope you don't get sick. And if you do, I hope you watch Star Wars and eat mandarins and make some brilliant memories like me. It makes leaky nostrils and an on-strike throat bearable.

According to the doctor he only has a virus, though he had a fever bordering on 104, and was so dehydrated that they had to stick an IV in him. I guess the people at the hospital were acting like total assholes, cutting him off every time he tried to talk and replying with that "I'm-smiling-but-I-totally-don't-care-for-you" tone of voice.

But thanks, I'm trying to get in a lot of vitamins and stuff so I build up my immunity. Hopefully if I do get sick, it won't matter.

@Incinerawr Yeah, is it just me or are a lot of nurses evil? I mean, sure, their jobs suck like hell - I wouldn't last five minutes, and being in pain tends to make people unbearable so the patients would probably be rude/disruptive, but c'mon, people! Just because we chose a straining career, it doesn't mean we have to adapt a crappy attitude and regard malpractice as a standard work ethic.
So a great sum of nurses, just through their strange and bitter existences, teach us the importance of not assuming a career that can't be sustained happily or peacefully. That definitely rules out being a bank clerk, if what I've seen is anything to go by lmao

I wish I had advice for sickness prevention, but I really don't. If there's anything going around then I'll get it, 9 times outta 10. I don't really know why, because I rarely go out and definitely tend to overdress than under-dress. Maybe I've just got a drafty heart, and it lets in all the sickness :cry:
Okay, that was hilarious and very sad.

@Incinerawr Yeah, is it just me or are a lot of nurses evil? I mean, sure, their jobs suck like hell - I wouldn't last five minutes, and being in pain tends to make people unbearable so the patients would probably be rude/disruptive, but c'mon, people! Just because we chose a straining career, it doesn't mean we have to adapt a crappy attitude and regard malpractice as a standard work ethic.
So a great sum of nurses, just through their strange and bitter existences, teach us the importance of not assuming a career that can't be sustained happily or peacefully. That definitely rules out being a bank clerk, if what I've seen is anything to go by lmao

I wish I had advice for sickness prevention, but I really don't. If there's anything going around then I'll get it, 9 times outta 10. I don't really know why, because I rarely go out and definitely tend to overdress than under-dress. Maybe I've just got a drafty heart, and it lets in all the sickness :cry:
Okay, that was hilarious and very sad.

It's funny when you see commercials for health insurance where the physicians are smiling ear-to-ear because they're so friendly, then by the time you get in to see a real one they so can't be bothered that they barely look at you.

I mean, there's really nothing you can do to not get sick. If it's in a public workplace, that's a thing, but if you're living in a house 24-7 with someone else, yeah, it's inevitable. I've been wiping down the keyboard and mouse with antibacterial soap, and always wash my hands after I touch things that the others touched. Been drinking a special concoction of vinegar, honey and orange juice, which I hear acts as a natural antibiotic and isolates the bacteria forming in your throat.

Was gonna use @Revenge of the Boyega, but das a long name. XD

@Incinerawr I have a deep grudge against a lot of health professionals, lmao. And it's probably unjustified, and generalizations are evil things, but let's see here... they're kind of in cahoots, aren't they? Surgeons and GP's. If they can get an operation out of you, then they'll give it a heck of a try. Like when I was a small child, I was diagnosed with a throat condition and it was mid winter. The doctor said 'We're going to get you in a hospital, open up your throat and employ a large spoon to scrape out the infected tissue. But don't blame us if it comes back, 'cause it probably will'. So that's pretty screwed up. I'd be stuck with a very unflattering, and probably crooked scar right now if it wasn't for my kin's natural scepticism towards impromptu surgery. And so I took some godless medicine and had my throat massaged daily by the principals of reflexology.
LOOK AT ME NOW, DAD DOCTOR
All better with no relapses, and I can't go around scaring kids by saying that an alien burst through my throat. That's somewhat of a pity, actually. But anyway, unless you've got a blood clot or whatever, try and go for alternative remedies. I've found reflexology to be nothing short of amazing, so that's always a good avenue to explore if you can. Well, if it's a condition that can be treated with it. Probably wouldn't do much good if you had arthritis or something. But it's very painful, sometimes. Enough to writhe around and complain heavily.

Has anyone else ever hurt their back? I have. Three times. All, humorously, involving trampolines.

1. I was excited, so I tried to pull some stunts. Landed on my stomach, and my spine got thrown backward and... urgh. Not nice.
2. Basically a repeat of the above. More serious.
3. The worst and funniest - I picked up a miniature trampoline with a heavy suitcase on it, and my knees were not bent. So then I felt this pop, and in my experience that's the worst kind of thing you can hear. In my opinion, there is snap (holy crap you're screwed), crackle (not too bad) and pop (dig a grave with whatever is left of you, because you're dead). I was gripped with the knowing dread of someone who has been acquainted with many clumsiness-induced injuries, and sure enough an hour later I was trying to hold back the waterworks. Just rolling on the ground. Trying to find a position that didn't overload my pain receptors and send me into the last tier of Buddha Hell.
I eventually discovered that my salvation involved lying on my stomach, but even then. Anyway, it was an injury of my lower back and I went to the doctor in this closet of a surgery - can't remember anything he said, or if I was even diagnosed with anything in particular. I've still got it about three and a half years later, and it's a bit restrictive. Anyone who's ever hurt their back will know that you're just too scared to move. So for a year I didn't move much and the prospect of exercise filled me with a dark dread. I'm lucky I'm not a fast food addict, because otherwise I would have gained a tonne or two. But now I still cycle and walk and run (very infrequently, though) and do weights and go on the trampoline, but they're death traps if you're careless like me. I get hurt a lot through my carelessness, lmao.

I'm a lot better since then. I just can't bend over for long or even short periods of time, and I can't jump on hard surfaces and I try not to pick up anything heavy. Another injury of mine is my right thumb. It got kicked once, and for about two minutes straight I was just laughing hysterically on the ground. I don't know why, I just laugh when I'm in pain. The pain comes back every once and a while, so I can't play Dynasty Warriors as well as I'd like to or participate in any Thumb Wars matches. Then there's my other thumb, and carpal tunnel syndrome (thank you Unreal Tournament 1999, thanks a heap) and the occasionally-malfunctioning kneecaps and weak wrists. Besides all that, I'm fine.
And it's all thanks to the Star Wars cast for... inspiring me...? Well, I'm going to thank them in my Oscars acceptance speech anyway.

And if you didn't read all this, it's understandable. I was never one for spaced narrative.

@Revenge of the Boyega Oh no, I read all of that. I read chapters sent by my siblings every day. Would like to give other books a try if their language wasn't so foul and the narration weren't twits. Here's a tagline for you: Trampoline Terror.

I hurt my back a few times, particularly one time while I mistook a 40 lb bag of kitty litter for a 20 lb. Ripped lots of important cords in my shoulder, or so it felt like it. I was so stiff that I couldn't even pretend to bend, and had to lay in bed most of the day. It didn't help that this all happened around the time when my fam went to take care of my ill grandpa, which meant that me and my sister were left at home to run basically the whole house.

It just now occurred to me that you're Amnesia, aren't you? No one more obsessed with Star Wars/uses as many Star Wars references/talks in comprehensive poetic asides as you. How did you change your name? o.o

@Incinerawr

Ouch. Sounds horrible. But yeah, my worst injury by far was my lumber. And a few months back I crouched to pick something up and my knees just caved in, seemingly. It didn't really hurt, but it felt like someone had replaced all of the natural cartilage and bodily materials with terry cloth. So it was spectacularly uncomfortable, and I tried not to walk. About two weeks later I went back to cycling (indoors) and I was sort of okay, but now I'm very wary.

Aha! So the truth is out! And I'm flattered by your summary :notworthy:
But you can change your username every three months, and I saw the little option box in my settings. You should have it too, I'm pretty sure. And I like this name - its from an interview I read with John Boyega, and I already sign off on all my drawings with it. And it also makes a good name for an assassin, so when I become a vigilante I won't have to buy a new spangled outfit.

Well, I'm officially sick. It was nice knowing you all. *cuddles Incineroar one last time*

(Believe it or not I get extremely happy and/or lovable when I'm sick. Why? Dunno.)

@Revenge of the Boyega

Sometimes my knees pop out of place when I'm carting the laundry upstairs. And yes, I know, "who has their washing equipment on a different floor?" I do, so blehhh.

Ooh! With a name like that, you should totally turn into a supervillain. I highly recommend it.

@noworry

Six months, huh? I think I'm pushing two...

@Incinerawr So I guess you have a drafty heart, too. :cry: A cold wind blows through, rustling only the faded rose petals strewn across the floor and distant sensations too weak to recall. Germs, festering in corners along with forgotten dreams, awaiting their conquest of this sad, sad place. How the vultures prosper in times of inner demise. Squawk your evil tunes! Claw our immune system. See if we care!

What?! When I'm sick, I'm a leaky nightmare. I also have this driving need to perform little self-sufficient duties, so I inevitably contaminate everything and anything. It's a perverse, nebulous compulsion. I basically just cough and moan and groan with great dignity until somebody eventually loses their patience and finally gives me my fu-lacking tea and oranges. When at first you don't succeed, nag, nag nag! - Uncle Arthur
2d19c3213cdc141f1453816c402be4a2--halloween-vintage-happy-halloween.jpg

Let's just call them popcorn knees. We'll start an Old Person brigade and join the circus - amazing everyone with our self-popping kneecaps.
I feel disturbed let's not do that actually

I'm planning on it. Guy Fawkes had a pretty good idea, actually... it'd probably be so easy, if you think about it. Get a drone, for example, and a keg of dynamite and bam - you're a boom boom baby. The only problem is finding a keg of dynamite, or making it, but then you'll be a terrorist and blah blah blah. I'm telling you - IS took the fun out of this game. I just wish they'd simmer down and take up a hobby. Yoga might help them control their anger, or... knitting. Actually, no! No needles.

On the bright side, I'm feeling a lot better physically than last year. During the winter it's pretty much unavoidable to sit on a couch, eat junk food and count the days until sunshine and shorts. And exercise is a royal pain, because the temperatures are just conspiring to make you sick. And I know that cold alone can't make you sick, yes yes yes, but you can't wear a sweater one moment and a sweat-soaked t-shirt the next. So you're basically shifting between freezing cold and sweltering, and after a few times... it's so annoying. There's no incentive when a warm couch awaits you. And so you want to go outside and walk around but it just starts raining again and there's yetis and swamp monsters and its just no good. So yes. For a while there I was just a sofa refugee, and getting up became difficult. That's never a good sign, But I'm eating light and doing way more exercise now, and I'm feeling a lot better. The power of mandarins! And literally no appetite. In the February of 2017, I would eat half a biscuit and that'd keep me going for three hours. Insane, and I literally couldn't eat any more than that without a serious struggle. But that wore off, sadly, and it sort of had to. Low blood sugar and all that. You need solid meals with that, and if people try and offer you a sugary drink and an apple, of all things... it's an insult. That's only moderately acceptable if a nourishing meal is rapidly forthcoming, and even then that sort of defeats the purpose.
But do you know why Kylo Ren loses his f-cking head so much? Low blood sugar. Yup. That's right. At the cinema, I just wanted to scream 'GO ON REY, GET HIM A SANDWICH OR SOMETHING'. Poor guy. It also makes you very emotional, so you're sulking as your ears slide into your gullet and then you're... well, you're stabbing Praetorian Guards and flinging them into energy fields. That was probably Snoke's torture - not feeding him anything for hours at a time, and watching the Dark Side gradually take over... I know I feel it sliding over me sometimes. Like now, for example. A man can not live off water and mandarins alone, though god he's giving it a good damn try. And tea is essential, obviously, because it staves off the urge to throttle people.

Another massive post. If you do not read this, son, I absolve you. * crosses forehead and chest from left to right*
Is that right? Left to right, or right to left? I hope I don't get smote for doing it wrong.

@Incinerawr So I guess you have a drafty heart, too. :cry: A cold wind blows through, rustling only the faded rose petals strewn across the floor and distant sensations too weak to recall. Germs, festering in corners along with forgotten dreams, awaiting their conquest of this sad, sad place. How the vultures prosper in times of inner demise. Squawk your evil tunes! Claw our immune system. See if we care!

What?! When I'm sick, I'm a leaky nightmare. I also have this driving need to perform little self-sufficient duties, so I inevitably contaminate everything and anything. It's a perverse, nebulous compulsion. I basically just cough and moan and groan with great dignity until somebody eventually loses their patience and finally gives me my fu-lacking tea and oranges. When at first you don't succeed, nag, nag nag! - Uncle Arthur
2d19c3213cdc141f1453816c402be4a2--halloween-vintage-happy-halloween.jpg

Let's just call them popcorn knees. We'll start an Old Person brigade and join the circus - amazing everyone with our self-popping kneecaps.
I feel disturbed let's not do that actually

I'm planning on it. Guy Fawkes had a pretty good idea, actually... it'd probably be so easy, if you think about it. Get a drone, for example, and a keg of dynamite and bam - you're a boom boom baby. The only problem is finding a keg of dynamite, or making it, but then you'll be a terrorist and blah blah blah. I'm telling you - IS took the fun out of this game. I just wish they'd simmer down and take up a hobby. Yoga might help them control their anger, or... knitting. Actually, no! No needles.

On the bright side, I'm feeling a lot better physically than last year. During the winter it's pretty much unavoidable to sit on a couch, eat junk food and count the days until sunshine and shorts. And exercise is a royal pain, because the temperatures are just conspiring to make you sick. And I know that cold alone can't make you sick, yes yes yes, but you can't wear a sweater one moment and a sweat-soaked t-shirt the next. So you're basically shifting between freezing cold and sweltering, and after a few times... it's so annoying. There's no incentive when a warm couch awaits you. And so you want to go outside and walk around but it just starts raining again and there's yetis and swamp monsters and its just no good. So yes. For a while there I was just a sofa refugee, and getting up became difficult. That's never a good sign, But I'm eating light and doing way more exercise now, and I'm feeling a lot better. The power of mandarins! And literally no appetite. In the February of 2017, I would eat half a biscuit and that'd keep me going for three hours. Insane, and I literally couldn't eat any more than that without a serious struggle. But that wore off, sadly, and it sort of had to. Low blood sugar and all that. You need solid meals with that, and if people try and offer you a sugary drink and an apple, of all things... it's an insult. That's only moderately acceptable if a nourishing meal is rapidly forthcoming, and even then that sort of defeats the purpose.
But do you know why Kylo Ren loses his f-cking head so much? Low blood sugar. Yup. That's right. At the cinema, I just wanted to scream 'GO ON REY, GET HIM A SANDWICH OR SOMETHING'. Poor guy. It also makes you very emotional, so you're sulking as your ears slide into your gullet and then you're... well, you're stabbing Praetorian Guards and flinging them into energy fields. That was probably Snoke's torture - not feeding him anything for hours at a time, and watching the Dark Side gradually take over... I know I feel it sliding over me sometimes. Like now, for example. A man can not live off water and mandarins alone, though god he's giving it a good damn try. And tea is essential, obviously, because it staves off the urge to throttle people.

Another massive post. If you do not read this, son, I absolve you. * crosses forehead and chest from left to right*
Is that right? Left to right, or right to left? I hope I don't get smote for doing it wrong.

I did read all of it, but with how much my head's spinning you'll be hard-pressed for a lengthy reply. XD Also no, you did it all wrong. *smites thou*

You should PM btw, just so everyone doesn't think we killed all the other members and conquered this thread. o_O Seriously those recent posts though.

Revenge of the Drafty Heart. :cry:

Yep, that's right - I got sick. First of the year, and thankfully it was just a head cold. No reproach, starvation or begging for euthanasia. Just a lot of coughing, leaking and movie watching. I watched the classics because anything lesser would just annoy everyone else, and some items from childhood of course because I'm a creepy soul who's forever constricting a teddy bear in their arms and insist on having 'kins' attached to my first name. Right, so I watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (brilliant), Prince of Egypt (one of the best films ever made) Alice in Wonderland (50s version, from my childhood) Barefoot Contessa (cool) The Invisible Woman (funny + cool) and more recently, Planet of the Apes from 1968. Now that was awesome. I wish my name was Charleton Heston because then I wouldn't have to worry myself to death over what I'll use as my acting name. So I started Russianizing, Irishizing, Estonianizing, Czechizing, Swahilizing (desperate) and Chinese/Korean/Japaneseizing my bloody name.
THEY'RE ALL THE F-CKING SAME
So that's it. I'm just going to be Hong Long O'Riley. Punchy. Memorable. Hideous. My fans will call me Ho-Lo, and there'll be this thing where I leap on stage and go "HO-LO!" and everyone will scream in admiration and rapture.

My immune system has always done a wonderful impression of a total weakling, and so when I wore wet clothes towards night time after some waterside frolicking... yeah, you get the picture. I'm lucky I didn't catch worse, 'cause it's definitely for the season for ebola and pneumonia and whatnot. I said notwhat the other day and I'm still mortified.

I usually tend to get sick around the end of the year where everyone else gets sick and then spreads their germs around. It tends to take me out for about a week or two at a time.

It's actually kind of a minor miracle I don't get sick more since I work on a campus with no less than four hospitals on it. One time I went into the public restrooms and there was literally blood everywhere. I also work in the microbiology department but that's neither here nor there~

That sounds horrible. But in a way, I kind of like the sight of blood. Not on those I care about, because that'd be sick and twisted, but stubbing your toe is less of a f-cking ordeal if blood wells up beneath it...

Chiefly because I get to threaten people with it. For some reason they hate feet, and bloody feet more so. I cannot understand their aversion for the life of me, and I can only assume that I'm missing something. Surely the ground isn't so filthy as for all that touches it to be rendered untouchable? Utter madness. Now, food residue. That's understandable. You can't make me touch any without a lot of violence and screaming. I'm literally terrified of it - that, and eating foods of certain consistencies. Like lasagne, or pastie fillings. I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

And writing is much more fun if you involve a lot of broken noses, battered skulls, violent coughing fits and ruptured spleens but that's just me.

Hey guys, how are y- *falls over at the sight of above conversations*

Did I mention I was squeemish? Indeed, I am.

Back
Top Bottom