• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Well, I could do that if I wanted. I have a massive sweet tooth.

Just your average dumpster fire.
Reaction score
Just brush brush them teeths and you'll be fine

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
I misread the thread title as "controversial chat" and I was ready to come in with all my hot takes.
You just made me realize the title of this thread is conversational and not controversial. I was wondering why it seemed to lack controversial conversation.

Team Plasma Member
Reaction score
Just want to let everybody on here a Happy New Year’s 2021 everybody! From me and all of my siblings!
494B949C-2068-483A-B4E5-D769CDB5CB45.jpeg
6C714DB4-70AF-455E-B4B0-BF0A581AF2E2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Devil of Paradise
Former BMGf Head Administrator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
You just made me realize the title of this thread is conversational and not controversial. I was wondering why it seemed to lack controversial conversation.
I mean conversation can be controversial.

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
Semi-controversial opinion - no wall should be adorned with wallpaper.

I've always hated it cos my gran had this really rough wallpaper, like it really would scratch your skin up.

The Devil of Paradise
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Semi-controversial opinion - no wall should be adorned with wallpaper.

I've always hated it cos my gran had this really rough wallpaper, like it really would scratch your skin up.
I really dont like wallpaper. Its a real pain to take down when you dont want it anymore. Paint can be painted over and its fairly easy when you want to change a room. Im really not a decorator but new paint really has an effect.

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
Paint is so much easier to handle, if you really want, you can paint on a whim, whilst wallpaper is kind of thing you have to plan in advance.

Next controversial opinion;

A hamburger is not a sandwich. It's a burger.

A toastie is a sandwich, but that's as far as I'd go with that. A sandwich, to me, should be on sliced bread of some description. As soon as you start using a ciabatta, a baguette, a bagel, a bread roll, a burger bun, it ceases being a sandwich.

The Devil of Paradise
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Paint is so much easier to handle, if you really want, you can paint on a whim, whilst wallpaper is kind of thing you have to plan in advance.

Next controversial opinion;

A hamburger is not a sandwich. It's a burger.

A toastie is a sandwich, but that's as far as I'd go with that. A sandwich, to me, should be on sliced bread of some description. As soon as you start using a ciabatta, a baguette, a bagel, a bread roll, a burger bun, it ceases being a sandwich.
I mean a sub is a sandwich. I dont call a burger a sandwich though.

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
hi all! hope everyone's well
bf and I got food poisoning from our smoothies yesterday and I feel terrible ):

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
hi all! hope everyone's well
bf and I got food poisoning from our smoothies yesterday and I feel terrible ):
Oh, man, that's terrible. What do you think you put in them to make you ill?

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Oh, man, that's terrible. What do you think you put in them to make you ill?
probably the milk :x probably not going back there again, it's maybe our fourth? time having smoothies at this place but the one I got today (shared a bit with him) was very bad. ;_; been sleeping all day

The Devil of Paradise
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
I consider myself lucky that I havent gotten food poisoning myself. Im always really paranoid about it. Im not too good at cooking yet, so I need to learn to cook stuff thoroughly without overcooking it.

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
I consider myself lucky that I havent gotten food poisoning myself. Im always really paranoid about it. I'm not too good at cooking yet, so I need to learn to cook stuff thoroughly without overcooking it.
get a kitchen probe - it's what we use at work, and I have one at home too. You just need to google what temperature food should be.

For me all I really need to know is that 82 C is gonna be fully cooked through, in anything, from beef to potatoes. 55 C is medium rare for most cuts of beef, then add another 5 for each further level in doneness, from medium rare to well done. I'd highly recommend getting a probe, it takes a lot of guesswork out of cooking.

This is the one I use at home, it's cheap and does the job.

The Devil of Paradise
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Yeah Im gonna look for one. TBH I just suck at cooking but most of the time I dont have the energy anyway.