• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

didn't have much of a thanksgiving. which is fine, i was anticipating it being more of a regular day for me, anyway. i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, though!

i'm looking forward more to the holidays than thanksgiving. o:

don't forget that Chandler Bing from Friends hates the holiday
I'm not a friends fan. I mean the show is good and I don't mind watching it, but I've never been watching it actively (I hope this statement makes some kind of sense). But I loved the scene where Ross imitates the dinosaurs. I once saw a sitcom about 4 guys who all go to the same group therapy and all of them are paranoid - fantastic, but sadly only a few episodes :/

i quite like friends. its plotlines are usually well thought out and the comedy is usually spot-on (though i have to admit the series dipped in quality during the later seasons)

i quite like friends. its plotlines are usually well thought out and the comedy is usually spot-on (though i have to admit the series dipped in quality during the later seasons)
I've used to watch friends way more when I was still actually watching TV, but for the last 2-3 years the only reason to use the TV has been to play Xbox. Also a lot of shows that I actually wanted to watch were unavailable to me so I started watching stuff online, but this results in watching only stuff you definitely want to see (I don't understand how people say Netflix makes them explore and discover more shows but I'm most likely just a weird exception).

Little late to the conversation I realise, but I have a weird relationship with Friends. Both my parents and my sister were obsessed with it when I was growing up - it was on in the background on a pretty much constant loop, along with Scrubs and Malcolm in the Middle - and I tend to repeat the behaviour by playing it solely for the background noise when my attention is elsewhere. I don't think it's particularly noteworthy or innovative, a lot of the jokes and plotlines are outdated and boring, and the only characters I really care for are Rachel and Chandler, but... I keep coming back to it. I think my Netflix statistics would horrify me if I ever got to view them; I must have watched through the series in its entirety over 100 times now. But... why?! It's not even that good!

Scrubs and Malcolm in the Middle, on the other hand? Golden. Untouchable. Peak comedy. Those get my FULL attention.

never watched malcolm in the middle. scrubs is comedy gold though, i can confirm that.

i think it's rather unfair that you say friends isn't innovative though. it was revolutionary back in the 90s. also, while chandler and rachel are the only ones who stayed interesting until the end, i'd say most of the rest of the cast were pretty entertaining in the earlier seasons, before they became complete caricatures of their early season selves.

never watched malcolm in the middle. scrubs is comedy gold though, i can confirm that.

i think it's rather unfair that you say friends isn't innovative though. it was revolutionary back in the 90s. also, while chandler and rachel are the only ones who stayed interesting until the end, i'd say most of the rest of the cast were pretty entertaining in the earlier seasons, before they became complete caricatures of their early season selves.
I did say 'I don't think'; my opinion isn't objective! :p Interesting perspective, though.

Malcolm in the middle is great, but I "recently" fell in love with something that is... Well... It's funny but not on a traditional way, more on a "getting from one awkward and cringey situation to another one that is even worse" kind of funny.
Curb your enthusiasm!

Back
Top Bottom