• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

matte, do you not have school/work/stuff to do on fridays? (or, maybe time zones are strange, and i'm still stuck on a thursday...)
but! that's great! i have been looking forward to this weekend, i haven't had too much time to do things like playing games or watching tv during this week.
I look forward to weekends in general. It's been a stressful week (had to go home because of anxiety, first session with my autism assessment psychologist), and I can look forward to a break on the weekend.

Ah, I get what you mean now. Weekends are really the best part of life. Except for Winter Break heh.
Winter Break is in 2 weeks! Once this week is over, that is.
I'm so excited for it!! I love winter~
I'm so excited for winter break! The holiday season is here, I'll have two weeks off, I'm taking part in Review Blitz over on Thousand Roads... it's going to be a great end to the year.

Maybe we will get snow again here (last year we did, but the years before were just damn cold and rainy), would be pretty nice if winter actually feels like winter. Can't wait for the year to be over.

have fun with that!

awwwwgh that'll be great! i'll be ending the year by reading a VN that means a lot to me, probably. this year has been crazy! next year will be great⚡⚡⚡
i'm excited for the mod drive in january heh...
I'm actually pretty angry about that (even though I'm currently considered as vaxxed) because a lot of people will loose their job because of that.

yeah, my parents have been talking about that (similar laws have been passed in my state, iirc). I think that job loss is gonna be terrible, but honestly (unless if people have a medical exemption) I do wish that people would just get vaccinated to save themselves trouble. at the same time...well, I think that that's just how life goes. being told what to do sucks heh.

it never snows here, maybe once or twice a year. pretty strange because we're in (about) the same latitude as hokkaido, which is cold and snowy. but considering how it's just rainy and less cold, the geography and environmental factors of washington state vs hokkaido-ken. i assume that germany and washington state have similar climates.
Well yes, but the shots apparently don't seem to work too well so I think it's wrong to force people to get vaxxed with something that does only work "ok" and needs to get done every 6 months. I'm not an anti-vaxxer or something but I think this is not the right way. They are literally making propaganda against non-vaxxed people, which is kinda disgusting - people get infected while being on events that can only entered by vaxxed and recovered people but they blame non-vaxxed people for spreading the pandemic. Considering what happened here when the man with the famous mustache was still around this behavior is terrifying.

There is snow in Germany, just not at my area. The bavarian alps are a dream during the winter months.

Well yes, but the shots apparently don't seem to work too well so I think it's wrong to force people to get vaxxed with something that does only work "ok" and needs to get done every 6 months. I'm not an anti-vaxxer or something but I think this is not the right way. They are literally making propaganda against non-vaxxed people, which is kinda disgusting - people get infected while being on events that can only entered by vaxxed and recovered people but they blame non-vaxxed people for spreading the pandemic. Considering what happened here when the man with the famous mustache was still around this behavior is terrifying.

There is snow in Germany, just not at my area. The bavarian alps are a dream during the winter months.
well, in my country, 70% of those in the intensive care are unvaccinated even though we have around 80% vaccination rate. the vaccine won't prevent you from getting it, but it does decrease your likelihood of ending up in the hospital and thus reduces the pressure on the medical system

well, in my country, 70% of those in the intensive care are unvaccinated even though we have around 80% vaccination rate. the vaccine won't prevent you from getting it, but it does decrease your likelihood of ending up in the hospital and thus reduces the pressure on the medical system
I don't know the nationwide statistics, but I've recently read it's around 50/50 on the bavarian ICUs. I've read of people who had the same progression as their unvaxxed relatives. My mother in law has a colleague who had a 19 year old daughter, she didn't survive the shot even though she was perfectly healthy. They should rather excessively test the people for now instead of just pretending the vaccine would make you basically immortal. Also our ICUs are only working that hard because the government decided too reduce the ICU beds (even though covid was already a thing at this point) and they pay not quite enough for people who work in nursing jobs which leads to having less applicants already. Yet they refuse to make the payment better or to expand the ICUs, instead, they force you to get vaxxed in that jobs which will result in more nurses losing their job. At this point it's not covid what destroys our health system, it's the fucked up government. Also there are a lot of dirty deals involved. There is a doctor named Winfried Stöcker, who made a vaccine based on antigens. He was forced to stop that even though there were astonishing results, just because he was unable to pay for an official study and vaxxed people (who volunteered for his vaccine). He even published a step-by-step tutorial how to recreate his vaccine yet no one uses it. This whole thing just seems kinda suspicious to me (and many other people), but as soon as you say something like that they treat you like a QAnon/flat earth/lizard people weirdo.
I see, I understand that. I don't necessarily know what's happening in Germany too well so I can't comment too closely, but, it doesn't sound the best.

Ah! I see! My family is Swiss-German, so we're (historically) down below Germany, btw. I'm pretty sure we still have some living in Switzerland still which is cool.
Also, I've heard that German and Swiss German are very different, which is pretty interesting. Is that true?
Well, I have never been to Switzerland so I don't know much about the culture. In terms of language, Swiss german can be confusing for Germans (especially if you're from my area, which is the Ruhrgebiet in Noth Rhine-Westphalia, which is pretty far in the west - I could technically ride to the Netherlands on a bike, but that could take up to around 3-4 hours), but so can bavarian german. However, if you live among people with that accent for around a week you should be fine. Switzerland is very expensive compared to Germany and the requirements to move there are pretty strict from what I've heard. The only other "tie" I have to Switzerland is the Heidi anime :D

That's cool! Canada is like 300km ish away from my area so I guess I could bike there, but a car trip would be better. I know tons of people who've been, but I haven't yet.
I love the thought of living in Canada - won't be happening, but still. At least I could finally hunt and fish than.

I don't know the nationwide statistics, but I've recently read it's around 50/50 on the bavarian ICUs. I've read of people who had the same progression as their unvaxxed relatives. My mother in law has a colleague who had a 19 year old daughter, she didn't survive the shot even though she was perfectly healthy. They should rather excessively test the people for now instead of just pretending the vaccine would make you basically immortal. Also our ICUs are only working that hard because the government decided too reduce the ICU beds (even though covid was already a thing at this point) and they pay not quite enough for people who work in nursing jobs which leads to having less applicants already. Yet they refuse to make the payment better or to expand the ICUs, instead, they force you to get vaxxed in that jobs which will result in more nurses losing their job. At this point it's not covid what destroys our health system, it's the fucked up government. Also there are a lot of dirty deals involved. There is a doctor named Winfried Stöcker, who made a vaccine based on antigens. He was forced to stop that even though there were astonishing results, just because he was unable to pay for an official study and vaxxed people (who volunteered for his vaccine). He even published a step-by-step tutorial how to recreate his vaccine yet no one uses it. This whole thing just seems kinda suspicious to me (and many other people), but as soon as you say something like that they treat you like a QAnon/flat earth/lizard people weirdo.
anecdotes mean nothing, you should look at statistics. even if it's 50/50 in the bavarian icu's, in a population where the majority is vaccinated, that still shows that vaccines work. the government should absolutely be investing in more icu beds and pay nurses more, but i don't see what that has to do with whether there should be a vaccine mandate. concerning nurses who lost their job because of the mandate, if you don't trust medical science, you should not be working in healthcare in the first place.

as for that Stöcker dude, of course people won't use an untested and possibly unsafe vaccine. all vaccines need to go through rigorous testing before they're used, to make sure that they're safe and effective. you can't just start injecting people with something you concocted in the hope that it works.

anecdotes mean nothing, you should look at statistics. even if it's 50/50 in the bavarian icu's, in a population where the majority is vaccinated, that still shows that vaccines work. the government should absolutely be investing in more icu beds and pay nurses more, but i don't see what that has to do with whether there should be a vaccine mandate. concerning nurses who lost their job because of the mandate, if you don't trust medical science, you should not be working in healthcare in the first place.

as for that Stöcker dude, of course people won't use an untested and possibly unsafe vaccine. all vaccines need to go through rigorous testing before they're used, to make sure that they're safe and effective. you can't just start injecting people with something you concocted in the hope that it works.
It wasn't an anecdote, it was stated in an article from the Bayrischen Rundfunk (roughly translates to Bavarian Broadcast), so it's based on the statistics of the Bavarian State. A lot of the people do trust in medical science, but there is a significant difference between an actual vaccine (like for Malaria or Measles), and something that does still allow you to get sick (and possibly still become an ICU case), has not been tested in a long-term study (WE are the long-term study, as stated by our soon to be Bundeskanzler) and that does lose it's effectiveness after 90 days. And yes, it is true that Mr Stöcker shouldn't have vaxxed those people (despite the fact that he tested it on himself, his family and his employees on a voluntary base) without a license. BUT this does not justify to completely ignore a possible solution, and this also still doesn't justify a vaxxing mandate where they use vaccines that are still experimental and have only been allowed (in EU countries) by an emergency approval. Especially not if they have to be refreshed at least twice a year and can potentially cause myocarditis every time you get the refresh. I once again want to state that I'm vaxxed myself, I just think that (at this point) forcing people to get vaxxed is not the right thing to do. And starting a smear campaign against non-vaxxed people in this time is even less the right thing to do.
i also think that there's some sort of a politics thread, as well, if you'd like to take your discussion there?
It's only for american politics iirc.

It wasn't an anecdote, it was stated in an article from the Bayrischen Rundfunk (roughly translates to Bavarian Broadcast), so it's based on the statistics of the Bavarian State. A lot of the people do trust in medical science, but there is a significant difference between an actual vaccine (like for Malaria or Measles), and something that does still allow you to get sick (and possibly still become an ICU case), has not been tested in a long-term study (WE are the long-term study, as stated by our soon to be Bundeskanzler) and that does lose it's effectiveness after 90 days. And yes, it is true that Mr Stöcker shouldn't have vaxxed those people (despite the fact that he tested it on himself, his family and his employees on a voluntary base) without a license. BUT this does not justify to completely ignore a possible solution, and this also still doesn't justify a vaxxing mandate where they use vaccines that are still experimental and have only been allowed (in EU countries) by an emergency approval. Especially not if they have to be refreshed at least twice a year and can potentially cause myocarditis every time you get the refresh. I once again want to state that I'm vaxxed myself, I just think that (at this point) forcing people to get vaxxed is not the right thing to do. And starting a smear campaign against non-vaxxed people in this time is even less the right thing to do.
the stuff about the bavarian statistics was not an anecdote, but the stuff about your mom's colleague's daughter is absolutely an anecdote. the fact that it happened to one person says absolutely nothing about the chance that it will happen to others. follow the statistics.

no vaccine has ever had detrimental effects that only showed after a long time, nor is there any known mechanism by which such effects could occur. also, this is a real vaccine, just like the yearly flu vaccine is a real vaccine despite not protecting you 100% against the flu. almost all the experts in the relevant field recommend the covid vaccines and call them safe and effective. your degree from google university isn't worth nearly as much as their degrees. you do not know more than the experts.

i'll agree that we should not put the blame for the infections wholly on antivaxxers, we vaccinated people have also become lax with things like social distancing. however, apologists for antivaxxers are also something that will definitely not help.

the stuff about the bavarian statistics was not an anecdote, but the stuff about your mom's colleague's daughter is absolutely an anecdote. the fact that it happened to one person says absolutely nothing about the chance that it will happen to others. follow the statistics.

no vaccine has ever had detrimental effects that only showed after a long time, nor is there any known mechanism by which such effects could occur. also, this is a real vaccine, just like the yearly flu vaccine is a real vaccine despite not protecting you 100% against the flu. almost all the experts in the relevant field recommend the covid vaccines and call them safe and effective. your degree from google university isn't worth nearly as much as their degrees. you do not know more than the experts.

i'll agree that we should not put the blame for the infections wholly on antivaxxers, we vaccinated people have also become lax with things like social distancing. however, apologists for antivaxxers are also something that will definitely not help.
Well first, our minister of health, some virologists (at least here) and even the CEO of the STIKO (Ständige Impfkomission, similar to the CDC) said that at the given point a vaccination mandate was not the right thing to do. To be fair, our minister of health will be replaced soon (we had elections recently so the government is going to be remodeled) so this point could change. Also, I want to clarify that I'm NOT talking about antivaxxers. When I say nonvaxxers I'm mostly talking about those people which do not generally refuse to get a covid shot but prefer to wait for a dead vaccine like that Novavax stuff (I beg to differ). I'm also NOT saying that people shouldn't get vaxxed. The only thing I actually have an issue with is forcing people to do so (at least for now). I wouldn't be vaxxed if I considered the vaccines as ineffective. I should also note that we don't even have enough vaccine for boosting and "new vaxxing" because the government gave a lot of the stock away to other countries (over 100.000.000 doses, as stated on an official website from our government) which makes the vaxxing mandate even more complicated. And maybe I'm behaving like a snowflake when it comes to that matter, but after what happened here in the 30s/40s I tend to be very sensitive when it comes to stuff like that. Also, I would appreciate if you leave that google university stuff. I'm aware that this whole topic can become emotional pretty fast, but I considered that statement as unnecessary rude. I do my best to represent myself as polite and respectful even about topics like that (despite being kinda limited language wise) and I assure you that I'm not hanging out on Telegram or stuff like that all day. I just have waaay too much time so I'm spending a lot of time reading news from different publishers.

... Let's move away from this, I come here to have fun

I started rewatching Finding Bigfoot yesterday. You'd probably expect that from my username

I stopped watching for a little bit because of my new dog (this was 2 years ago). In the show, there's a lot of whooping and wailing, so I didn't want to scare her. However, now, she sleeps like a log through it

... Let's move away from this, I come here to have fun

I started rewatching Finding Bigfoot yesterday. You'd probably expect that from my username

I stopped watching for a little bit because of my new dog (this was 2 years ago). In the show, there's a lot of whooping and wailing, so I didn't want to scare her. However, now, she sleeps like a log through it
Do you think Bigfoot would get along with the Wookies?

On the discussion of Bigfoot and yetis and whatnot...
So I was playing around in the original Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection a while back. And apparently the woolly mammoths liked having yetis placed into their enclosure, but then the mammoths kill the yetis. The game's been out 20 years or so this is the first time I've noticed this.

Back
Top Bottom