• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

popping in here to say that precisely zero people have knocked on my door the past couple halloweens. likely because ive always lived in quiet neighbourhoods but it always seemed like Another Regular Day to me.

*pokes this thread with a stick*

Since it's nearly over now, how was everyone's November? How are youse guys feeling, did you do anything fun or was it just another month for you? Anything coming up on your schedules?

Other than a few things here and there, mine was pretty average; not in a bad way, just average. December-January is usually my favorite time of year though, so I'm looking forward to that pretty soon.

Aside from still feeling a bit sad about Jason David Frank's passing, November's been pretty decent on my end.

After doing London MCM Comic Con twice this year, I decided to check out the Birmingham one. I have to say it was a tad more compacted, but had more stuff going on that the London one didn't have, like live pro wrestling and sumo wrestling.

Last edited:
Better than I was expecting it to be, actually! I got lots of stuff accomplished this month, both in terms of my mental health and just things that I’ve wanting to do for a long time (with the former enabling me to do a lot of the latter). I upgraded my PC, played some video games that I haven’t in a long time (along with some new ones!), discovered some lovely new video game music, and continued some productive planning and brainstorming on my many fanfic ideas. Oh, and spending more time than ever here on Bulbagarden, too. All wonderful things!

Now, there were a few depressing things that I experienced as well, though. Not necessarily in a bad way, but more like things that gave me some food for thought about some real life stuff. I may write about some of those things here in the future, but I’m not going to push myself on that. If I decide to do it, I’ll do it when I’m emotionally and mentally ready for it. The last thing I want to do is stress myself out over real life stuff, when real life itself does that perfectly well by itself.

Meanwhile, I do plan to continue on with doing the things I love to do again in December and beyond, and hopefully I can accomplish other things like, say, posting another chapter of a certain fic that I’m working on? I’m kind of excited for it, actually. While I again won’t rush myself with things like that, I’ll try to stay both disciplined and hopeful!

Oh cook,this thread is alive.

November has been... November, Cant say its been the best month ever, Im depressed I couldnt go to Thanksgiving at my sister's because I dont get holidays off so I had to just stay at home. Im not really ready for Christmas stuff to start yet. Im also stressing about Christmas this year because of money,

November has been alright, I have found that November and December fly by.. I think it's because the holiday season is just busy busy busy! I had a really good Thanksgiving. I always love having leftovers, so I know that I have food for the next few days. I made a grilled cheese with turkey today in my sandwich maker and it was a success. It's the little things. :)

I dont really like turkey that much but I enjoy all the rest of the food. I just got myself chicken on Thanksgiving with stuffing and veg and it ended up being pretty good.

Mom's having a Thanksgiving soonish cause my other sister couldnt travel either,so we're just gonna have it over the weekend,

My mom is also taking in my dad's dog which he doesnt want anymore. It makes me pretty mad to talk about his treatment of the dog,but at least he wont get ignored anymore, Theres no excuse,my dad is retired and has all the time in the world. Im gonna go over and spoil him.

@Shiny Celebi
Too bad about the dog, oof. I absolutely love dogs (I had one for over sixteen years myself, before he passed away recently), so I can’t imagine anybody treating one — or any animal — like that. Or maybe a part of me can, sadly. But I heard that you love animals, right? I’m sure that you’ll spoil him indeed, haha. So at least there’s a happy ending there!

One resolution I have is to read more books. I used to be such an avid reader, but I gradually stopped for some reason (I blame my ailing attention span).

Another is being more frugal, especially as I've been trying to save for a new computer and I need to keep some money aside for any future cosplay projects and conventions. It helps that I've been offered a promotion at work and that will mean a pay increase.

I actually wrote an entire blog piece on resolutions a few days ago, haha. The short story is that I’m not really a fan of them, and that I find myself more likely to fail if I make them. Instead, I have my own unique ways of coming up with goals and desires for myself!

In addition to Orchid’s question, I wonder: how’s everyone feeling right now? Did anything good or fun happen for any of you yesterday? My own New Year’s Day was actually somewhat less eventful that I perhaps would’ve liked it to be, being kind of a lazy day. I spent a lot of time here on Bulbagarden and on the internet, though, and I went to places that I wasn’t really expecting to go to. Lots of Vtuber stuff, lots of “Pooh Souls” stuff (if you know what I mean, haha), and things like that. It was basically the “just go with the flow” version of the day before. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course, but I’m hoping that future days this day will be a bit more purposeful. The days always fly by quickly at the start of a new month…

Back
Top Bottom