• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Nothing for me really, except that a trip to Washington, D.C. might be in the works soon! I really want to catch those cherry blossoms when they’re in full bloom, all on a nice, sunny day…
Hey, remember this? Guess where I was last week…
:giggle:
@Blanc inspired me to take pictures of my trip, haha. Expect to see some here (most likely on my Bulbablog) soon!

@Blanc inspired me to take pictures of my trip, haha. Expect to see some here (most likely on my Bulbablog) soon!
WAAAA?! HAVE YOU POSTED THEM? I HAVE TO SEE!! I’ve been away because of a convention, but I’m back a few poor financial decisions later!! (recovering)

Hope everyone’s been doing well, I’ve been in the swing of “spring cleaning!” Been cleaning my entire room between life’s errands, purging and dusting and all that… Making room for some anime figures hopefully. Next is my closet to clean… LOL…

Ah we (the entire family) will have to do the annual spring cleaning this weekend as we are expecting most of the extended family as guests for (Orthodox Greek) Easter

i've been doing absolutely nothing productive which you think i would since ffxiv is down and it'd be the perfect time to but NOPE
Lazy days are needed tbh!! My muscles are still sore from walking but at least I got to play Pokemon GO a ton. I preordered the new device for Pokemon Sleep and I’m HOPING the cute little game helps fix my sleep schedule when it comes out…

I’ve been on ffxiv withdrawal I need to PLAY!!

Ah we (the entire family) will have to do the annual spring cleaning this weekend as we are expecting most of the extended family as guests for (Orthodox Greek) Easter
Omg good luck!! Luckily the whole house is clean minus my room over here LOL. I’ve been doing some much needed reorganizing. What’s Orthodox Greek Easter like? Usually we just have a nice lunch because neither me nor my aunt I live with are religious.

I've been recovering from being sick... I think I'll be alright soon, but this last weekend was not fun lol. Other than that, I've been meaning to draw but for whatever reason it's not been happening?? hopefully soon..

It's gotten a bit warmer here too, like someone just flipped a switch from February to now? Combined with the cherry blossoms blooming here, it's started to feel like spring! ...And I actually don't hate it I guess?
5A0AA778-B33B-4C35-9DFA-55370A7A0E52.jpeg
Hope everyone’s been doing well, I’ve been in the swing of “spring cleaning!” Been cleaning my entire room between life’s errands, purging and dusting and all that… Making room for some anime figures hopefully. Next is my closet to clean… LOL…
I WISH YOU LUCK ON THIS ARDUOUS TASK... you are doing great i know it!! 自分のペースで進行してね!!あたしずっと姉ちゃんに応援してるよぉぉ!!!!!!

edit!! i have been playing so much pokémon go (it is all neechan's fault) (lovingly) and it's been SUPER fun!!

Greek Orthodox Easter... Basically two major feasts.

First is the dinner at about 0:20am on Sunday (but all the preparations are done on Saturday evening, then we go to church at about 11:40pm, the bells and "Christ has risen" happens at exactly midnight). The main dish here is "magiritsa" aka lamb innards soup, but since it is gross we usually have some other meat too (it has to be meat because it supposedly breaks the fast even though we do not observe it. It also has to not be too much because the next one is worse).

Then we go to bed (with a full stomach that late yeah it is kinda terrible). We actually make a point not too eat too much on all of Saturday and the first feast (not for observing the fast, but because it really has to be done for any hope to survive the mess that comes next).

The folllowing morning is the barbecue, which takes HOURS. The 3 dishes are all on a "souvla" each. Giant metal skewers spinning (thankfully with motors, in our grandparents' days it was done manually and 3 people were needed at any moment, and shifts, good luck with that) for HOURS above coal for slow grilling. "Kokoretsi" (lamb innards wrapped by intenstines, still gross but way tastier than the soup) "kontosouvli" (pork pieces, essentially a giant souvlaki) and an entire lamb without the innards. There is also lots of snacking on fries cheese etc. while waiting. And wine. Some "drunkles" are smashed long before we actually sit at the table (almost afternoon). We attempt to eat as much as possible (and never succeed) and drink more (I really try avoiding it but most don't).

Then we are even more bloated and full. There is even a totally unofficial third feast Sunday night or Monday lunch where we just gotta get rid of the leftovers (which is even more gross cold).

... Yikes this all might seem very barbarian to the average non-Mediterranean. Even I cringed a little just writing about it. But pretty much everyone who is not vegetarian or vegan does it in Greece as a tradition. It is one of the few times we really fit the "loud Greek eaters" stereotype.

Last edited:
That's interesting! I'd definitely heard before about what Easter is like there, just because my mom's side of the family was Greek, but it's cool to read about the whole process like that.

Meanwhile, I don't think we've done anything for Easter for years now. In my experience, if you're not religious, it kind of becomes one of those holidays that you "grow out of" as you get older for some reason. A nice lunch is usually the extent of it actually, lol.

I preordered the new device for Pokemon Sleep and I’m HOPING the cute little game helps fix my sleep schedule when it comes out…
I am so looking forward to this too, tbh. My sleep gets all out of whack in the summer anyway, so it couldn't be coming at a better time really.
(And I used the heck out of the toothbrushing app for a while, so you can probably get me to do anything if there's Pokémon involved :p)

As for what I've been up to, just trying to take it easy for now. Trying some therapy stuff that I think is slowly working out, playing lots of video games too. Later today when the sun sets, I'm gonna head out with my camera to hopefully find some decent shots.

Im doing pretty much not much this week because work has decided I get only 15 hours so today is the last work night I have this week and I have no clue what Im gonna do for the rest of the week. Theres a reptile expo on Sat but other than that I have zero plans.

Greek Orthodox Easter... Basically two major feasts.
This was so fucking neat to learn, thank you for sharing!! I don’t think I’d survive that Easter, LOL that’s way too much food for me, even with the help of others! It sounds really yummy though… except for the intestines LOL. But genuinely, that’s such a cool tradition!

if you're not religious, it kind of becomes one of those holidays that you "grow out of" as you get older for some reason. A nice lunch is usually the extent of it actually, lol.
pretty much same here LMAO

(And I used the heck out of the toothbrushing app for a while, so you can probably get me to do anything if there's Pokémon involved :p)
THERE WAS A TOOTHBRUSHING APP?!

As for what I've been up to, just trying to take it easy for now. Trying some therapy stuff that I think is slowly working out, playing lots of video games too.
It’s a nice season to take it slow and ease into the year. Thank you for indirectly reminding me to also hunt for a new therapist as my case is unfortunately closing with this one… Let’s play bloons soon!

I WISH YOU LUCK ON THIS ARDUOUS TASK... you are doing great i know it!! 自分のペースで進行してね!!あたしずっと姉ちゃんに応援してるよぉぉ!!!!!!
皆さんに応援していただきながら、がんばります!!<3

edit!! i have been playing so much pokémon go (it is all neechan's fault) (lovingly) and it's been SUPER fun!!
Hehe, I recently caught a strong female swablu, I’ll name her Lisia!!!

Other than that, I've been meaning to draw but for whatever reason it's not been happening?? hopefully soon..
ALWAYS EXCITED FOR MORE LISIA ART!! Take your time though! It’s a good season to take a break, and I know you still have school so you deserve time to relax!

Theres a reptile expo on Sat but other than that I have zero plans.
A reptile expo? Is that where they show cool reptiles? I don’t think we have those here.

that reminds me that i do need to clean my own room as well... less so clean, more organize everything. i have a ton of stuff i need to toss out and it's getting rather annoying hoarding them all and the biggest reason i do is that they're sensitive documents and i don't have a paper shredder.

how annoying s:

Today was rough, my father's car overheated while we were out for groceries, it would not turn on at all, we had to wait about 2 hours for it to be taken away for fixing, the damage is a bit costly and will take 3 days for complete repair, and there are more urgent tasks to be done tomorrow... Grandpa had to bring us back home and probably borrow us his car tomorrow too.

This was so fucking neat to learn, thank you for sharing!! I don’t think I’d survive that Easter, LOL that’s way too much food for me, even with the help of others! It sounds really yummy though… except for the intestines LOL. But genuinely, that’s such a cool tradition!

pretty much same here LMAO

THERE WAS A TOOTHBRUSHING APP?!

It’s a nice season to take it slow and ease into the year. Thank you for indirectly reminding me to also hunt for a new therapist as my case is unfortunately closing with this one… Let’s play bloons soon!

皆さんに応援していただきながら、がんばります!!<3

Hehe, I recently caught a strong female swablu, I’ll name her Lisia!!!

ALWAYS EXCITED FOR MORE LISIA ART!! Take your time though! It’s a good season to take a break, and I know you still have school so you deserve time to relax!

A reptile expo? Is that where they show cool reptiles? I don’t think we have those here.
Yes,people sell reptiles and supplies at them. Its super cool and fun. I bought my pet snake at one last year.I always go and look and such.

We do not have expos specifically for reptiles here, but some outdoor festivals have a pet shop area where you can get pet snakes, iguanas, hamsters, chickens, puppies/kitties and there are some shows too (where they show some tricks mostly within the cages to drive sales up, not in the open), kinda like a small animal circus. Of course animal rights groups are against it, but it does have permits similar to a pet shop so it is ok.

happy, uhmmmm... wednesday!

it's spring break for some people who're doing school--my college's official spring break was last week, but my classes don't start off until next week, so it's basically an extra break LOL! but even if it's not spring break, are you planning on doing anything fun or interesting soon?

i... am probably going to bake a cake? not really for any reason LOL, i just like doing that kind of thing? and studying too! i have a really important test for japanese stuff coming up early next month, so... although i won't be traditionally studying, i think i'll try to watch/read/play more japanese media without subtitles? it's fun! (i am a twisted woman who finds happiness in doing this)

other than that, i'm just going to try to take things... day-by-day. that helps? (usually?) not always, but... ykykykykyk (?)

oh and more art and FFXIV probably!

but yes that is lisia's spring break plans (tm), does anyone else have anything coming up..?

does anyone else have anything coming up..?
A math exam... and a history exam :confused:

So, I, too, am going to study... And that's why I don't have any other activities planned, which is just a bad organization, but...

... although i won't be traditionally studying, i think i'll try to watch/read/play more japanese media without subtitles? it's fun! (i am a twisted woman who finds happiness in doing this)
Why 'twisted' lol. I think that enjoying media in a language you are studying is quite normal? Reading in English and watching movies with English audio gives me a feeling I am productive even when I'm just having fun, and it's overall more enjoyable, for some weird twisted unexplainable reason. Also, I've heard that translated subtitles aren't good for learning a language, as they slow down your progress or something... well, they sure are distracting!

Oh, and writing in your non-native language (only once your level is higher than a complete beginner of course) is also fun! I know some people who refuse to do any creative writing in Czech! But maybe it's just because you don't have to stop every five seconds to add diacritics when writing on paper in English...

I miss the idea of breaks the educational system has. There is still 4 hours of work to be done tomorrow even if it is Great Friday (here). But since it is not 8 hours and it is work from home (0 commute time wasted) and it pays just enough for my personal expenses (although I live with parents rent free as is unfortunately usual here), no room to complain. Just not sure for how much longer it will be sustainable. So focusing on the day by day stuff.

Which is currently rather fine, we are getting ready for festivities, starting tomorrow evening with the initial extended family meetup to discuss the plans for the two big days.

Back
Top Bottom