• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Some days ago, a lot of tweets were not displayed from the search bar. It got better, but it didn't go back to normal.

What I mean by there is that, when you search tweets with "filter:images", a lot of them are not displayed despite existing (tweets with images are shown without this filter, so what's going on?).

The other problem is, there are even tweets from precise accounts that are not displayed. I have to search them with the (from:account) filter. Do you know how to contact Twitter's interface responsibles?

Lots of things are not working as intended on Twitter lately, lots of changes are being made too. It is likely some error from the server/developer side that you may not be able to fix on your own. Their support (there is a Twitter Support account) would be a good place to ask, I guess.

Although lots of questionable decisions have been made in the technical side of things there lately, support might not be able to help that much either.

Some days ago, a lot of tweets were not displayed from the search bar. It got better, but it didn't go back to normal.

What I mean by there is that, when you search tweets with "filter:images", a lot of them are not displayed despite existing (tweets with images are shown without this filter, so what's going on?).

The other problem is, there are even tweets from precise accounts that are not displayed. I have to search them with the (from:account) filter. Do you know how to contact Twitter's interface responsibles?
You could try tagging Elon Musk(@elonmusk) and Linda Yaccarino(@lindayacc) in addition to the Support account. As of last week,Linda Yaccarino is now the CEO and Elon Musk has stepped aside to focus more on the tech side, Probably wont get an answer from either,but they at least might see it and work on the issue,they are far too busy to reply to everyone,but likely do see stuff like this.

At least on the app, thanks to an update, the image filter is no longer broken, but there is still the "tweets from public and not banned accounts not displayed without the (from:user) filter" problem.

It seems like they are trying to fix the issues, but that is not always easy. Broken code with bugs can be tricky to patch up. Especially if some developers were let go and others may be overworked.

In Prisoner of Azkaban, Lupin teaches Harry and the students how to deal with a creature that can turn into that person's greatest fear. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Edit: I was working on a story where the villain is something akin to that.

In Prisoner of Azkaban, Lupin teaches Harry and the students how to deal with a creature that can turn into that person's greatest fear. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Edit: I was working on a story where the villain is something akin to that.
This is probably it, Boggart
Boggart

May I ask what kind of story?

Certainly a cool premise. Room 101 on Orwell's 1984 probably worked similarly to Boggart. There is lots of material to get ideas for this project.
Especially considering just HOW MANY types of phobias there are.

You got fear of:
Water
Spiders
Darkness
Fish
Heights
Death
the list goes on.

Fear is one of the most complicated emotions, alongside anger. They are neither entirely negative nor positive. It baffles me how there are times when people willingly want to make themselves afraid/angry in some ways while at the same time also trying way too hard to avoid it in other ways.

For example, watching horror movies, or scrolling on some Twitter # you know will piss you off but then do it anyway...

want to make themselves afraid/angry in some ways while at the same time also trying way too hard to avoid it in other ways.

For example, watching horror movies, or scrolling on some Twitter # you know will piss you off but then do it anyway...
I think in the cases you mentioned, and by the fact of how complex these emotions can be— I think in this case it is supplemented by curiosity. I’m only guessing this because I, myself, don’t ever really like to be fully involved in horror media I consume (as in like, playing a horror game or watching a scary movie), but I will gladly watch informational videos about said medias and learn about these things secondhand. Morbid curiosity I guess?

For anger this can be true too, stewing in something that makes you fume just to to “why, why why why” trying to figure out how a view you deem unbelievable exists. I’m sure it’s not always this case, but it’s the best point of reference I know of from my own experience.

That being said, how do you guys often handle frustration? I’m curious since I’m a pretty passive person.

I think in the cases you mentioned, and by the fact of how complex these emotions can be— I think in this case it is supplemented by curiosity. I’m only guessing this because I, myself, don’t ever really like to be fully involved in horror media I consume (as in like, playing a horror game or watching a scary movie), but I will gladly watch informational videos about said medias and learn about these things secondhand. Morbid curiosity I guess?

For anger this can be true too, stewing in something that makes you fume just to to “why, why why why” trying to figure out how a view you deem unbelievable exists. I’m sure it’s not always this case, but it’s the best point of reference I know of from my own experience.

That being said, how do you guys often handle frustration? I’m curious since I’m a pretty passive person.
Still, being so curious about these supposedly negative emotions convinces me they are not really negative at all.

Anger can be positive, it gives you self-validation, "you are wrong" has a subtle "but I am right" in it. It is an aspect of our ago even if we do not want to admit it.

Fear is more about self-preservation, but once again, conquering our fears in a way that still ensures our survival feels so good.

As for frustration, my parents and close friends are very willing to let me lash out once in a while if they feel I need it, of course I listen to them too, with not much hard feelings (everything is settled within a couple hours at most). Everyone else, I try to either avoid situations, outright leave if possible, or just bottle it up then lash out at the first opportunity. A little bit of privacy helps afterwards.

Putting this here because it just made sense, as it's not about anything specifically.

To anyone who enjoys doing drawing pictures: How long does it take you to draw and color a sketch/picture? I ask because I want to be accurate with it for my story, which is about not so much conquering fear, but not letting it consume you completely (though I guess conquering fear would be the result of that).

Putting this here because it just made sense, as it's not about anything specifically.

To anyone who enjoys doing drawing pictures: How long does it take you to draw and color a sketch/picture? I ask because I want to be accurate with it for my story, which is about not so much conquering fear, but not letting it consume you completely (though I guess conquering fear would be the result of that).

I am not that much into drawing but I hope @DawningWinds @Rainbow Cloud could answer that out for you :)

Last edited:
It appears Art Gallery does not have a chat thread, so good choice to bring it up here.
whaaat? Yes they do ;_; (and everyone should go check it out!)

But anyways, for me personally it really depends on how large/complicated the drawing is and how much work I'm willing to put into it. For me, a tidy sketch can take about half an hour, but going through with clean, detailed lineart is a much longer process. Simple block colors usually take about an hour, but painting/shading/rendering can consume upwards of 6 hours if I'm really unlucky...

I don't think there's any real average for this kinda thing, everybody's different so it really just depends on the piece and the person who's drawing it.

@Orchid
So it can take you 30 minutes to an hour to complete a sketch? Wow. I suppose the size would indeed be a major factor in the length of the process. I can also see the coloring process taking a longer then it would be to just sketch it out.

Back
Top Bottom