• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Yeah the AG has a chat thread, it can sometimes be buried as it's not stickied but everyone's welcome to chat or ask a question there both art or non-art related :)

For time it takes to complete a drawing it varies individually from person to person, I'm really slow a drawing and can take anything from 8hrs+ minimum to days, I'm a bit faster at drawing with pencil and paper though and can probably draw and colour something in maybe 2 hours.

@Orchid
So it can take you 30 minutes to an hour to complete a sketch? Wow. I suppose the size would indeed be a major factor in the length of the process. I can also see the coloring process taking a longer then it would be to just sketch it out.
Yeah it can sound like a fairly long time for something simple, but don't let that discourage you! Like I said, that's just my own personal experience from the particular way that I draw. Some people can make finished artwork in 15 minutes, for some people it takes multiple days at a time. One isn't better than the other of course (in fact I really wish I could take my time more often!), it just varies depending on how your process typically unfolds.

i tend to draw at odd times/intervals, and hooonestly because i'm more of a beginner despite the relative simplicity of what i create, it takes me a bit longer to make things.

anywhere from like, a few hours for more simplistic things that i can knock out easily in one session, up to a few days if there's a lot going on in one. i think my record was like a week or so for a singular thing? and i'm sure that as i get better and kind of learn the funamentals more that'll... probably go down more?

Yeah the AG has a chat thread, it can sometimes be buried as it's not stickied but everyone's welcome to chat or ask a question there both art or non-art related :)

For time it takes to complete a drawing it varies individually from person to person, I'm really slow a drawing and can take anything from 8hrs+ minimum to days, I'm a bit faster at drawing with pencil and paper though and can probably draw and colour something in maybe 2 hours.

Yeah it can sound like a fairly long time for something simple, but don't let that discourage you! Like I said, that's just my own personal experience from the particular way that I draw. Some people can make finished artwork in 15 minutes, for some people it takes multiple days at a time. One isn't better than the other of course (in fact I really wish I could take my time more often!), it just varies depending on how your process typically unfolds.

i tend to draw at odd times/intervals, and hooonestly because i'm more of a beginner despite the relative simplicity of what i create, it takes me a bit longer to make things.

anywhere from like, a few hours for more simplistic things that i can knock out easily in one session, up to a few days if there's a lot going on in one. i think my record was like a week or so for a singular thing? and i'm sure that as i get better and kind of learn the funamentals more that'll... probably go down more?
Thanks guys for the answering my question!

So is it just me, or does Twitter no longer work if you're not logged in? Everything keeps redirecting me to the login page.

I don't have a Twitter account and have zero intention of creating one, I just found it a useful way to keep up with updates from the creators I watch (and also look at memes and cool artists) so I guess I'm locked out of that now? Unless there's a way around it.

So is it just me, or does Twitter no longer work if you're not logged in? Everything keeps redirecting me to the login page.

I don't have a Twitter account and have zero intention of creating one, I just found it a useful way to keep up with updates from the creators I watch (and also look at memes and cool artists) so I guess I'm locked out of that now? Unless there's a way around it.
Twitter has lots of ads compared to before, so they seem to want everyone to have an account and use the data from there to make them more personalized.

It would not be a terrible idea to make a throwaway account without your name and just use it to browse around, but keep in mind that even if not actually interacting with the content, it can track the topics you are interested in and still target you with ads closer to that.

It seems to be a super recent development :(

Anyway Twitter is being taken in a very bad direction recently imo, and that is probably just the icing on the cake

Anyway Twitter is being taken in a very bad direction recently imo, and that is probably just the icing on the cake
I don't really care, since I don't use it other than to check updates on the youubers that I watch. I, like @Dubious Disc, am not planning on getting an account since I don't have a need for it. Plus, there's all the toxicness that tends to happen there, though I guess other places like Reddit and Facebook can also have that sort of thing.

The toxicness indeed runs rampant, but at some point you just mute the worst offenders that show up in your front page and are done with it.

The main reasons I keep it is to DM (direct message) the very few people I have met there that are still worth keeping around in my online life, and casually checking what is trending, what the "general populace" is interested in, as I feel like all other communities I am a part of are more niche and thus my views on what is actually popular would be more biased otherwise.

Twitter has lots of ads compared to before, so they seem to want everyone to have an account and use the data from there to make them more personalized.
Of course it's about ads and tracking :bulbaFacepalm:

It was working for me yesterday, so I guess they must have changed it within the last 12-ish hours.

Of course it's about ads and tracking :bulbaFacepalm:

It was working for me yesterday, so I guess they must have changed it within the last 12-ish hours.
It is always about that :(

The ads have been more overwhelming than ever these past few weeks.

Seems like a recent development as not much outrage has been made about it yet.

Twitter is circling down the drain, so Elmo Muskrat is now desperately trying to increase the number of registered users by making it impossible to view the website without being logged in.

Unfortunately for him, it's not gonna work. We know this by looking on how other social platforms tried to pull the same kind of crap.

Here is how platforms die: First, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die.

Well, that is a good thing for forums then :)

I am so glad this place does not have all those problems, not to mention you can view as a guest as much as you like!

For me, I tend to listen quite a very weird mix of the following genre:

Classical, Modern Pop, House, Dance, 90s-2010s.

During work at least, if I'm not intensely focus, I just like to have something in the background so that at least I'm half paying attention to what's going on. If I really need to focus though, it's a mix of classical, lofi and video game music.

uhhhhh what music genres do you like
As a conversational chat thread, I do not have exact preferences. I can tell you the preferences of one of the mods that watch over me, however.

Zexy does like lots of different genres, be it video game music, anime music, pop, rock, a little bit of metal, even some Greek genres like laiko. Sometimes even a bit of classical, thanks to his piano studies loooong ago.

Back
Top Bottom