• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

tonight's my bulbacast debut, which is a little scary, but very exciting! aside from that... probably work on some personal projects and game a little d: i've been meaning to start oneshot after buying it the other day, i should probably do that...
Where do I listen to the bulbacast? Ive been looking for it but I can’t find it

I think they have them on their YouTube channel.

IDK I visited the Bulbagarden YT once recently and wow for a community as large and old as this one, your uploads really aren't getting a lot of views. Obviously I get that the YouTube channel ain't the priority for this place but still, you'd think the vids would get more views.

I think they have them on their YouTube channel.

IDK I visited the Bulbagarden YT once recently and wow for a community as large and old as this one, your uploads really aren't getting a lot of views. Obviously I get that the YouTube channel ain't the priority for this place but still, you'd think the vids would get more views.
Yea, I find it surprising. I found the bulbacast too

tonight's my bulbacast debut, which is a little scary, but very exciting! aside from that... probably work on some personal projects and game a little d: i've been meaning to start oneshot after buying it the other day, i should probably do that...
good luck!! i think it would be fun to be on bulbacast... probably won't happen tho:chansey:

I don't trust any claims that younger people (talking like people in their teens and early 20s) don't know what [insert object here], unless it's something that's actually backed up by data and research (or if it's something pretty obscure and mostly forgotten about).

I do not buy any claims that y'all younguns don't know what landlines are. Y'all know they what are, right? That feels like it's just the modern version of when my generation were teenagers and people would make 'jokes' about how 'TODAY'S YOUTH DON'T KNOW WHAT A VINYL RECORD IS', even though everyone knew what a record was even if they'd never even seen one IRL.

I don't trust any claims that younger people (talking like people in their teens and early 20s) don't know what [insert object here], unless it's something that's actually backed up by data and research (or if it's something pretty obscure and mostly forgotten about).

I do not buy any claims that y'all younguns don't know what landlines are. Y'all know they what are, right? That feels like it's just the modern version of when my generation were teenagers and people would make 'jokes' about how 'TODAY'S YOUTH DON'T KNOW WHAT A VINYL RECORD IS', even though everyone knew what a record was even if they'd never even seen one IRL.
I know what they are I’ve just never seen/used one

I do know what vinyls are because Taylor swift (sorry for bringing her up) releases special versions and me and my friend were looking at some in a mall (we don’t have anything to play them on though)

I know what they are I’ve just never seen/used one
Ngl the fact that there are houses these days that don't have landlines is more weird to me more than any claim of people not knowing what they are.

Like IDK I guess it's just because having a landline was (obviously) a thing every house had and, to this day, a lot of things you have to fill out and give your phone number for will include separate options for your home phone, cellphone, and work phone I just assume that you just get a landline for free (I know not literally free but you know what I mean) with a house or apartment and you're stuck with it for life lol.

Ngl the fact that there are houses these days that don't have landlines is more weird to me more than any claim of people not knowing what they are.

Like IDK I guess it's just because having a landline was (obviously) a thing every house had and, to this day, a lot of things you have to fill out and give your phone number for will include separate options for your home phone, cellphone, and work phone I just assume that you just get a landline for free (I know not literally free but you know what I mean) with a house or apartment and you're stuck with it for life lol.

interestingly, i'm the opposite! i had a landline in my childhood home, but after we moved, there wasn't a need for one. everyone in my immediate family has their own phone, making a landline obsolete. i know they still "exist", because the "home phone" field number is a thing that companies ask for along with cell phone number, but it's become... kind of a dated thing in my own experience, but i do also realise the uses for a landline home phone. i think maybe for older folks/families who don't really need a cell phone? that would be my guess. o:

Last edited:
interestingly, i'm the opposite! i had a landline in my childhood home, but after we moved, there wasn't a need for one. everyone in my immediate family has their own phone, making a landline obsolete. i know they still "exist"

I’m the exact same!

How annoying. Kind of related to the whole landline thing, one particularly irritating variant of that trope for me is when people say "oh, young people don't know what dial-up is, LOL". Come on, I most certainly know what dial-up is! Oh, do I ever, and how I wish I never knew, compared to what we have now. Presumably they're talking about Gen Z and younger versus millennials (that is, my generation), most of whom would most certainly know what landlines and dial-up are, but I would also be hardly surprised if they really were that stupid to make such an assumption (something something assumptions make you an ass or something like that). It makes me all the happier when someone comes up to me with something that I actually likely would have no reason to know anything about, like an 8-track player, for instance. Although speaking of that, I've actually always known what vinyl is even before they became popular again... which is exactly why I don't bother with it, compared to CDs which — bad recordings and smaller cover art aside — are far superior in every way to vinyl (which makes me hope that they'll get a revival ten or twenty years from now, haha).

With all of that said, "my generation is better than your generation, haha" or "your generation knows nothing about X and Y, LOL" is a trope that has endured for a long time and indeed across generations, as it's just human nature to engage in that, I suppose. Our generations will likely do the same to the younger generations that are coming up, if we're not doing it already.

41P0JwP7c5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

an excellent test for age.

Back
Top Bottom