• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

Close is a relative term. We're literally sour rounded by it, looping from Rhodes to Crete to the Ionian.

Indeed. Some parts of the country are on the line, others are just "close".

Good old high school days of idiots pulling fire alarms. x(

I'd be less pissed about it if there were more than two days left in the year and I wasn't so very done

as for earthquakes, i used to live in california get on my level

I'd be less pissed about it if there were more than two days left in the year and I wasn't so very done

I used to live in Kefalonia. Almost every building there is built after 1953 because the whole island got wrecked, and they have at least 2 noticeable earthquakes a year. *tips hat*

kefalonia sounds like a knockoff california i win

There are lots of natural disasters in where I lived *I practically live in HOENN*. Volcano eruptions, earthquakes, floods, tsunami. We basically have 2-3 major natural disasters within a year, every year. Kinda scary....

Well, at lease we've not had hurricanes.

Last edited:

I still live in California, so I guess I'm on some level…

Also, I'm still alarmed that my house has some cracks from the Northridge earthquake maybe. I'd best be prepared for anything.

I dont think ill ever live in California. Its too expensive, too many fires and earthquakes, and has too many regulations

Here in Florida we don't have to worry about earthquakes. Just hurricanes and flooding and some of the worst thunderstorms on the planet and tornadoes and sink holes and... well, at least it's not earthquakes.

I'd imagine hurricanes are actually scarier for people further up north since they aren't as well-equipped. Being as Florida sticks out into the Caribbean practically screaming "HIT ME", everything has to be built with hurricanes in mind. I've only experienced one major hurricane in my life, but even though that one was very bad and basically changed my life for the worse, it should be noted that that was the only time a hurricane has really posed a threat to my little corner of the state while I've been here.

Also, I think I read somewhere that Florida actually has the largest annual tornadoes-per-square-mile amount in the country or something like that, but I've never seen one. We've passed very close to a couple, but I never actually saw them.

I live in Jacksonville, and Hurricanes tend to curl up to South Carolina, missing us. We'll get heavy rain but not much really.

Central Florida is probably where that tornado statistic comes from, I reckon. I live right on the Gulf Coast, so that's probably why I've never seen one. Duh. :p The Gulf Coast is less prone to hurricanes, too, since they have to shimmy between the Keys and Cuba (or just plow right through Cuba or the rest of the state if they're strong enough) before taking a hair-pin turn in my direction (I live in the southern half of the state, too, which is even better for me because the hurricanes really have to crane their necks to get me). Come to think of it, I probably live in the safest part of the state, save for the few stragglers that are strong enough to make it here. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I start to understand why my part of the state is the stereotypical "Death's waiting room" Florida that out-of-staters know.

I've been nearby a few tornadoes, though I've never actually seen them. Once when I was in class a tornado was on the road closest to us, I think it had touched down but I'm not entirely sure.

I woke up today with a gigantic headache, and I spent most of the day resting trying to get over it. It finally went away almost an hour ago, which is a relief.

No tornadoes here.

When headache is annoying, I always take painkillers. It doesn't happen too much for it to be a problem, why suffer when you can avoid it this easily?

Painkillers aren't the best thing to take constantly, and they don't completely relieve you either.

Back
Top Bottom