• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

What shows do you have in mind?

Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Mad Men. We are in the HBO era of TV. This is the golden era.

Also as much as I love Friends, it is iconic but not generational at all. 90's is Simpsons, Seinfeld and Beverly Hills 90210, they shaped that decade. Friends one of the best shows in the 90's but not generational. It didn't shape a generation in that era like the 3 shows did.

I guess competition shows count as "reality TV"? I don't know words. I used to think "reality TV" were those stupid "we put a bunch of strangers in a house, let's see what happens lol" shows.

Anyway, if competition shows count the only ones I watch are Ink Master and Face Off. I just find people creating art really interesting, and I like Face Off cause there is very very little interpersonal drama. I could really do without the drama in Ink Master but I still like the show. I guess I watch Cutthroat Kitchen on occasion too but that's mostly cause I'm learning how to cook and they do explain what ingredients they are using and why so it's a learning experience for me and kinda entertaining to watch them deal with the sabotages.

For the most part I just watch shows like Hannibal, Parasyte: The Maxim, The Walking Dead, and I'm getting more than slightly annoyed that all the shows I like keep getting cancelled (Awake, Dracula, Almost Human, Dominion, etc).

Yep. Now they're just ridiculous. Personally, I'm not a fan of Teen Titan or Aventure Time. No hate mail please.

How about some "I love you?" mail instead? Seriously, I don't get the appeal of Adventure Time.

Ah yes. Big Bang Theory. That's a very good show, but I almost feel like it's gone a bit stale recently...

Indeed. I enjoyed the concept where it was just "awkward nerdy guys" who are dealing with a stereotypical person. I enjoyed the science jokes and even had a good laugh about the social situations. I feel that TBBT nowadays lost what made the show watchable in the first place.

I personally can't sit through watching TV shows seasons at a time.

Unless it's really interesting, like Doctor Who. As a result, I tend to be pretty behind when it comes to TV shows.

Don't remind me. I reinstated my Netflix over spring break to primarily catch up on Doctor Who.

They always say "be thankful for what you have". That's one key to happiness. Like my photo album of Viridi getting beaten up in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U".

Happiness to me is like

tumblr_mc30viFSbg1rbzxneo1_250.gif

Fair enough. My happiness is doing something worthwhile and beneficial, and also being around my friends and family.

Also not getting lynched in mafia...

I can just watch that gif all day.

Anyway happiness is cool. Live life and enjoy it. Life is too short to play as a board game.

^^- Not sure if that was a pun to the game of life. But I'll leave that alone. Haha

I don't watch tv shows at all, I only watch the news with my aunt. Other wise, I just use my computer to entertain myself.

Hey j'all. I'm sure I have gotten a lot more entertainment out of watching Batman vs Superman reviews than I ever would get by watching the actual movie.

Back
Top Bottom