• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Not bad. Just wrapping up the school year; graduation's a few weeks down the line.

Awesome, congrats. Are you in High School or College?

High school. I'll be heading off to college in the fall.

It's funny, when I first joined I was a few months away from my elementary school "graduation." Time flies.

Don't have a particular dream job still. Guess that's kind of worrying at age 25, but I always want to be trying to something new, always want to try to improve myself and get a new perspective on things. And I never feel like staying where I am at the time will help with that. I know I want to stay in the psychology field, at least, and hopefully, I'll someday find something that doesn't leave me restless after 6-12 months. :p

I feel you. I got stuck at a job I hated for almost 7 years because I was so overwhelmed with choosing what to study at school while saving up. Ideally, I want to write for television/be a script editor, but schooling only gets you so far in the industry. So if I actually pursue a degree it'll probably be something practical that guarantees me a job. Psychologist was always one of my top options, but the amount of time that would take for something I'd drop if I got an industry job makes it seem excessive and unwise. I'll probably just major in business or marketing. I'm good with both, but in my head they seem like nothing degrees. Of course, that's demonstrably false, but I'm an artist at heart and having access to all this knowledge and giving it up for something practical clashes with my internal inclinations haha.

So. Over 4 years later, we're still in the same chat thread? Heh heh...

I really should get myself a new avatar ASAP.

I feel you. I got stuck at a job I hated for almost 7 years because I was so overwhelmed with choosing what to study at school while saving up. Ideally, I want to write for television/be a script editor, but schooling only gets you so far in the industry. So if I actually pursue a degree it'll probably be something practical that guarantees me a job. Psychologist was always one of my top options, but the amount of time that would take for something I'd drop if I got an industry job makes it seem excessive and unwise. I'll probably just major in business or marketing. I'm good with both, but in my head they seem like nothing degrees. Of course, that's demonstrably false, but I'm an artist at heart and having access to all this knowledge and giving it up for something practical clashes with my internal inclinations haha.

Could always combine the two practical choices you mentioned (I/O psychology), although I'm not sure how that particular field compares to other psychology fields in terms of how many years of study you need to do. At any rate, practical jobs do (or should) still have a creative/self-expression aspect to them... unless you mean straight up painting/script writing/creative writing and the like, then yeah, those fields seem to be largely hit or miss from what I've heard, and that the best way to go for them appears to be through freelancing these days.

I checked my post history, and I'd been inactive longer than I thought (over 4 years).

Apparently, this place switched from vBulletin to XenForo in my absence...

Hi, welcome back :) Nice to see you around again.

Same to you! =o I remember seeing you around PC quite a bit before you signed up here. It's really nice to see you still around!

I'm mostly going to be posting in the pokemon related sections and stuff from here on out I think. n.n

I don't really like to think about how much time I've wasted online. Most of it was pretty damn fun, admittedly, but other times... eugh. I get shivers. I could have been... bungee jumping... somewhere. Okay, well I couldn't but it feels like I should've.

A recap of earlier reproach, though: everyone, remember to keep in touch with reality! Seriously. Some people only get off the internet to fulfil bodily duties, and its so sad. Think about it! Everything that has ever happened has happened!
Not very clear. But when I need to get back in touch with reality, or rather get snapped back, I think about Napoleon. He did stuff. Not sure what, but he did it! Okay, my self-articulation has regressed about ten years in the past two minutes but basically it equates to making the most of one's single lifetime (presumably single) and making sure that their final death throws are used thinking about what they did, not what they once said on a forum. That sounds hilarious, actually. Alright, I officially give you permission to do that.

Don't quote me if it begins to pall after a while. But just remember to live, okay?! Be free! But not naked. Unless you want to, of course. Just don't sit on any furniture that doesn't belong to you.

While I've been registered on the forums for a long time, I don't really feel like I've properly been a regular here. I've mostly lurked here and there somewhat and there was a time where I used to be active but then I dropped off the face of the forum probably cause of life reasons and being active elsewhere.

But it's nice to come back and post around a bit. =o

Back
Top Bottom