• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Hiiiiiiiii Orchiddddddddddd! Best part of Gen 3!?
hii :bulbaWave:

The best part of Gen 3 is Cradily, the best Pokemon ever. Only partially kidding - I think Gen 3 has the highest ratio of mons that I absolutely love. Cradily, Claydol, the Regi trio, Delcatty, Snorunt, Trapinch, Shelgon, Cacturne, Shedinja, and so on... I just think the Pokemon designs are all super strong in that generation. There's a lot of variety, and very few that I truly dislike - the same just can't be said for any other region to me.

The second best part of Gen 3 is the awesome GBA soundtracks, the third best part are all the wacky spinoff games, and the fourth best part is uhhh Wally. And Leaf. And Pike Queen Lucy because she's cool. also hi Torchic if you see this

orchid blindfold FRLG speedrun, stream it on the bulbaTwitch channel
pfff hahah, if I was just 5% less camera/microphone-shy I would consider it! Come watch me stumble through Mt. Moon with nothing but a Wartortle to my name, it'll be fun, I promise(???????) :wynaut:

That's amazing that you even knew it was happening!! It released when I was still in the hospital as a kid...whoaaaaaaa!
Honestly I don't know how I knew it was happening, because I barely remember anything else from that age. Little kid Oki was aware of Pokémon and nothing else. ...Not much has changed in 15 years. :notworthy:

The ones I first remember...existing were XY and ORAS, like I was deciding between those two as an 8-year-old tako and I think I changed my mind once lol. Either way I got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas that year!!
geez, that's so weird to me because XY and ORAS were the first ones I actually followed all the pre-release material for. I remember seeing so many predictions for what those new Gen 6 starters were gonna evolve into (still bitter Frogadier didn't turn into a big fat king frog with a crown, it just seemed so obvious, but whatever). I was also pretty convinced Sylveon was either a Flying-type or a "Sound-type", because they didn't reveal Fairy right away... which in retrospect was kind of brilliant, because NOBODY could stop talking about it >_>;

when I myself was 8, Gen 5 was coming out, which means I'm also old enough to remember Snivy being called Smugleaf LOL

The menus look like Melee! Like a lot!!
To be fair, I also love Melee's menu design! Never played it myself (more of a Brawl and 3DS person... don't hurt me) but man everything in that game just looks so sleek. The GameCube really had something good going on.
sddefault.jpg

32f803ada8ef284db6093338ce7c2212b12638e5.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair, I also love Melee's menu design! Never played it myself (more of a Brawl and 3DS person... don't hurt me) but man everything in that game just looks so sleek. The GameCube really had something good going on.
so fucking trueeee melee had a charm to it that the later smashes just do not emulate! I can't describe it...
I love Gale of Darkness so much :cry: I have a sneaking suspicion it plays a part in why I've been so fond of Eevee all these years.

Also, kind of random, but that game and Colosseum have both seriously influenced my approach to graphic/UI design. I just love the way all the menus and backgrounds look:
Oh my god, you bringing up the FLOW screen just awakened a childhood memory, I was like 9 when I played XD, so to get the perfect flow rating, I legit had a piece of paper and drew like... all the type circles I needed for Shadow Lugia (you had to fill out ALL of them for it). I think I still have it somewhere, it was kind of funny LOL, especially when I probably just could've looked online.
I have seen these!!! とてもかわいい!! They are soo relaxing...
Don't think I ever told you but Origami Angel are HUGE Pokémon fans!! XD Gale of Darkness
I need to play it! I can play Gamecube games on my Wii U (it's so nice with the gamepad) using homebrew stuff, so...someday!! The true first console mainline-style games despite being spinoffs!
OMG LET'S GOOOOO!!! and it's still so incredible to me you homebrew all your systems... BIG AGREE!! Please let me know when you do play!! I'd love live-Lisia reactions!
My second game was Diamond, which I remember being extremely excited for leading up to its release. (And I'm very sorry to everyone older than me when I say this, but I was 4 LOL)
Orchid you WOUND ME... But that's alright, I can definitely say that I've pretty much retired as a trainer, no more hardcore pokemon playing for me! I'm too busy working the Battle Subway in my retirement...
fourth best part is uhhh Wally.
WALLY MY BELOVED ANGELIC SON...

either a Flying-type or a "Sound-type", because they didn't reveal Fairy right away... which in retrospect was kind of brilliant, because NOBODY could stop talking about it >_>;
Holy shit I remember this... I'm surprised none of us ever considered a 'fairy type' given, well, so many 'fairy-like' Pokemon beforehand, such as the cleffa line of course and togepi line.

I MUST UNFORTUNATELY CONFESS (I'm so sorry) environmentally...Hoenn is my least favorite region. I know all the memes about 'too much water', but I gotta admit I lowkey agree with them... Hoenn was just not one I remember I enjoyed exploring as much! (I'm so sorry). But that might also be because after I played D/P, I went back and played FR/LG, and R/S/E, but even after ORAS I still didn't care much for the region's geography. Everything else I loved though!

How does one nap? I have never been able to do that, except for once, and that was when I had not slept much at night.
You pretty much answered your own question here. Napping occurs after a night of poor sleep, or under other circumstances that cause you to be excessively tired.

Taking a nap is out of the question for me. Chronic insomnia aside, when I do actually sleep, I sleep like a rock. If I try to take a 30-minute nap, I will wake up 4 hours later with no memory of what year it is :confused:

Step one: have a Pikachu doll on your bed.
instructions unclear, accidentally used a real Pikachu and it keeps biting me, 0/10 does not work
I usually have a Pikachu, an Eevee, and an Umbreon doll hanging out on my bed! They're my favorites out of the Pokemon I have - though I do feel a little guilty when I wake up and they've all rolled away onto the floor.

instructions unclear, accidentally used a real Pikachu and it keeps biting me, 0/10 does not work
I usually have a Pikachu, an Eevee, and an Umbreon doll hanging out on my bed! They're my favorites out of the Pokemon I have - though I do feel a little guilty when I wake up and they've all rolled away onto the floor.

I have a Bulbasaur and Pyukumuku on my bed, alongside Tom Nook and Pusheen. I did have my Jojo plushies on the bed at one point, but they're smaller and kept getting stuck between my bed and the wall or on the floor, so now they live in my plushie basket.

(sing to the tune of any generic blues song)

Got home from work
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
fell asleep on my bed
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
for about two hours
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
you know, give or take
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
but now I am awake
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
oooh I'm awake
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
but I got the blues
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
yes I got the blues
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
back to work in nine
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
boy, I ain't feeling fine
duh neh nuh nuh nuh
might get something to eat
duh neh nuh nuh nuh

Taking a nap is out of the question for me. Chronic insomnia aside, when I do actually sleep, I sleep like a rock. If I try to take a 30-minute nap, I will wake up 4 hours later with no memory of what year it is :confused:
Currently it's 2022! Use this for the next 6 months or so when you can't remember!!
Ahhhhhhhhh did you try giving it berries!? Maybe it rolled onto the floor too...
Cute!! I have a Pikachu and a bootleg Mimikyu-Jolteon plushie, and they're on the corner of my bed by the wall so luckily they never roll away~

I actually took a ~2hr nap when I got home from work today and it was wonderful. I probably don't get as much sleep as I should. Maybe 6 hours per night except on weekends. I also sleep with a marrill pillow that I've had since around when pokemon gold and silver came out originally :)

Is there an already existing General Movie and/or TV Series thread where, among the many things, I can tell my unpopular opinions, or should I create it?

Is there an already existing General Movie and/or TV Series thread where, among the many things, I can tell my unpopular opinions, or should I create it?
there doesn't seem to be, so you're free to make one o:

also: hello everyone o/ i hope you all are having a good weekend so far!

Back
Top Bottom