• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Also yay!! And CHARMS!? Those are so coooooool omg omg~! And I'd totally watch a stream of yours! Even if you'd have to get confidence in it first, which makes sense! But I'd def support you!
リシアちゃんは、私の一番の応援団みたいなものです?! You’re always so sweet I swear!! If there’s anyone who believes in me, I’ll always know it’s you! I’m a little nervous about trying on twitch again so maybe I’ll try it on youtube before gaining the confidence to move back to twitch? (I had a bit of an audience before I got scared and left it LOL…) I’ll be sure to send pics of the sample charms when I decide on a design!

I might be busy this week. That's why I'm not so active right now
Felt, I was pretty busy this week myself. I’m so ready for it to wind down now, today was a bit too much… Hope we can both rest now.

just finished Explorers of Sky again. ending still hits like a truck, despite this not remotely being my first time.
I genuinely want to go back and revisit this game too, along with the old Pokemon Rangers, I wanna see if they evoke the same feeling as they did for me back then!

Currently wishing my grandma would let us buy a new dryer, our current one doesn’t dry clothes very well… It’s taken two cycles to dry my sheets no matter the settings. She’s just stubborn, LOL Aaaaah I wanna go to bed so bad but no sheets!!

I genuinely want to go back and revisit this game too, along with the old Pokemon Rangers, I wanna see if they evoke the same feeling as they did for me back then!
If you have a wii u, you can just buy the explorers games in the eshop. i've never played Ranger, but explorers of sky still hits just as hard as it did way back when

I never got into Twitch. Always prefer YT even if people don't usually like streaming there as much aha. But occasionally I pop in to skim FFXIV content :enzap: I just don't do well at watching things live since I get distracted and thus YT always wins out lol.

Streams have too much focus on viewer interaction IMO. I would just like to sit back and play at my own pace without having to check chat. I need to be able to concentrate without anyone else talking, or any other viewer induced distractions.

I like streams, but I tend to watch VODs at my own pace, which is why I prefer YouTube a little more.

I do try to watch the Bulbagarden streams sometimes, along with my two favorite streamers occasionally.

And whenever Blanc and Mari stream, I'm absolutely positively 60,000% going to be their biggest fan~

i don't rly do streaming, so i don't really have any sort of streamers that i watch or anything :c
Same here!! I'm glad to see someone else relate, I always feel like a bit of a loner weirdo for not being into the streaming scene, orz... I don't watch very many YouTubers, either lol

Like Sheep, I honestly gravitate to clips on youtube more or just videos streamers post rather than their streams themselves. I think this is because I like to just watch stuff on my own time rather than trying to make a stream. And on that other subject… I’ve had many friends tell me my personality is absolutely made for the streaming scene, but friends have also honestly told me they don’t think I’m cut out for it in the same vein— and I kind of agree with them, that’s why if I do start this kind of thing I’d like to keep a low profile so just friends can watch me (I used to stream on twitch, but I gained too much of an audience and got scared).

The reason my friends also think it would be difficult for me is because streamers have to talk constantly, dead air is incredibly bad, and I’m a listener way more than I am a talker LOL. Sitting quietly is pure bliss for me, I’m terrible at being engaging. Buuut back on twitch I also never used my mic, I just played music while I drew, but that was a good few years ago, so the atmosphere probably isn’t as sympathetic.

And same, I only keep up with a handful of youtubers LOL… For an artist I’m really bad at this social media thing.

The reason my friends also think it would be difficult for me is because streamers have to talk constantly, dead air is incredibly bad, and I’m a listener way more than I am a talker LOL. Sitting quietly is pure bliss for me, I’m terrible at being engaging. Buuut back on twitch I also never used my mic, I just played music while I drew, but that was a good few years ago, so the atmosphere probably isn’t as sympathetic.

I can relate. I need to want to talk, and if I just constantly talk, I start getting a dry throat and feeling like I am in the middle of losing my mind. The reason for the latter is that I struggle with formulation.

I don’t know about streaming in particular (my loose sense of schedule alone would probably make that impractical, haha), but there’s always been a part of me that‘s kind of wanted to be a YouTube producer in general, perhaps as someone sharing their opinions and perspectives on certain games, elements of the industry, and other geeky things that have an audience (and maybe some things that don’t… yet!). That said, several things have kept me from getting any further than dreaming about that idea for a while before burying it into the deep recesses of my mind again. Just to name a few: not only do I happen to be painfully shy in real life, I also have a strong desire to keep my identity as private as possible online — to the point where I even refuse to reveal my gender online, if you want to know just how strong — which means that I’d almost certainly never show my face.

Oh, and there’s the little fact that I absolutely hate how my voice sounds on camera. And that I’m a stutterer. And that I suffer from anxiety, especially when talking to people. Yeah. Although perhaps surprisingly even to myself, the former is far more of a problem for me than the latter two! Said latter two have gotten at least a little better with life experience and practice — plus it’s generally better when I’m talking about something I’m comfortable with — but the main problem with the former is insecurity, and that is not so easy to tame.

So yeah, whenever there’s something I love that I’d like to talk about, I usually stay within the confines of how I communicate my thoughts and feelings best: through writing. Although of course, there are things that the medium of video is capable of that the written word simply doesn’t do as well, and not feeling comfortable enough with myself to take advantage of what it has to offer does make me sad sometimes… especially when I’m otherwise very proficient in the visual realm! And with the process of actually creating things in that realm (if even said creation process — with all of the complications that technology brings and the skill sets required to often do even the most basic things — is often a less pleasant thing than the actual art itself, if you know what I mean). And when I see what other people are doing on YouTube, I’m often like: yeah, I know I could totally do something like that! If only I had a better voice, that is…

I love drawing but have pretty frequent art blocks ): Gotta have the energy for it, just am often distracted by other things lol. Writing is also super fun but something I haven't done in yeaaars either.

Yesterday, I dreamed up a short text about Giratina (in Norwegian) but when I tried to write it down in English at Writer's Workshop, I got block. The factors were probably that 1. It was in the vein of Norwegian texts by Tor Åge Bringsværd, and trying to write it in English made it hard to imagine something like that 2. I got inconfident and overcritical due to publishing it online 3. writing it down as I was composing it was also hard, but I had to, since I could only remember the very basic structure.

I love drawing but have pretty frequent art blocks ): Gotta have the energy for it, just am often distracted by other things lol. Writing is also super fun but something I haven't done in yeaaars either.
I feel that, my biggest block is the fact that I'm not happy with where my skills are so I'm scared to practice lol

Not in shape now, so not drawing much. Or more correctly, in worse shape, because I have not been able to get a good nights sleep since we switched to summertime.

Back
Top Bottom