• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden FakeDex

tioeduardo27

WereArcanineMon
Reaction score
What about we try to create a regional dex?

The idea is: Someone post a Grass-type starter Pokémon. The next user has to make its 2nd-stage. The next one makes the 3rd-stage. Then, the next one makes the 1st-stage for a Fire-type starter (please don't forget the Chinese zodiac! Haha) and we go on until we finish the Dex. When the starters are over, the next person can choose what line he wants to start: it may be the regional bird or the regional rodent? Maybe we can have two bird lines and three rodent lines? Nothing can stop us!

When does it end? Since with SM we now have 802 Pokémon, why not we go from 803 to 1000? (That's 198 Pokémon). Remember we also need the Legendaries and the Mythicals, guys!

Also, you can't make more than one stage for a line, the idea is for other people to finish what you started to see the results in the end.

This first post will be a catalog for every Pokémon we create, and I promise I'll keep it updated with everything you guys post.

• #001: Moso, the Moss Cub Pokémon;
  • #002: Moseate, the Hibernating Pokémon;
  • #003: Mozzlymare, the Moss Grizzly Pokémon;
  • #004: Firite, The Fire Sprite Pokémon;
  • #005: Pixlaise, The Rude Pixie Pokémon;
  • #006: Flixirisp, The Flame Pixie Pokémon;
  • #007: Splashat, The Splashing Rat Pokémon;
  • #008: Wotter, The Lithe Otter Pokémon;
  • #009: Perlissant, The Regal Pokémon;
  • #010: Agoward, The Agouta Pokémon;
  • #011: Solenous, The Venomous Pokemon;
  • #012: Quesla, The Quail Pokemon;
  • #013: Questatic, The Quail Pokemon;
  • #014: Wattwing, the Storm Quail Pokémon;
  • #015: Greevil, The Hungry Pokémon;
  • #016: Desocoon, The Cocoon Pokémon;
  • #017: Thevil, The Vicious Pokémon;
  • #018: Depreetle, The Crying Beetle Pokémon;

TEMPLATE:

NAME:
CATEGORY:
The _____________________________ Pokémon
TYPE:
ABILITIES:

DEX VERSION 1:
DEX VERSION 2:

DESCRIPTION:

STAGES:

BONUS:

Last edited:
#001 - Moso
I like this idea!

Name: Moso
Category: The Moss Cub Pokemon
Type: Grass
Abilities: Overgrow/Overgrow/Chlorophyll

Dex Version 1: Long periods of rest and hibernation have resulted in this species becoming overgrown with moss. The two lifeforms have formed a symbiotic relationship.
Dex Version 2: This young Pokemon can be shy and will curl up if it hears unfamiliar sounds. When curled up its dark and moss-covered fur makes it appear like any other forest rock to passing travelers.

Description: A pudgy dark gray bear cub with faded brown snout and underside. Green moss covers the length of its limbs, its backside, and the top of its head. It has a small little nub of a tail. When curling up it will use its paws to cover its face to effectively pull off its disguise.

Stages: Moso, ???, ???

Name derived from moss and oso, the spanish word for bear. Concept derived from moss, bears, and moss covered rocks.

#002 - Moseate

NAME: Moseate
CATEGORY:
Hibernating Pokémon
TYPE: Grass/Psychic
ABILITIES: Chlorophyll/ Chlorophyll/ Comatose

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokemon is known to be very lazy. It's known to fall asleep even during battles! It's trainers are advised to keep a stock of Awakenings with them at all times.
DEX VERSION 2: Moseate, with its prolonged hibernation, has gained Psychic abilities. It is able to move the vines on its back with its psychic abilities.

DESCRIPTION: A slightly grown up version of Moso, which has thinned out a little, but still plump. It has grey-black fur with brown snout. It has two long vines coming out from its tail which can be extended. A small pink flower is below each of Moseate's ears. Likes to stay in a curled up position.

STAGES: Moso > (Level 15 with Max. Friendship) Moseate > ???
Name derived from Moss, bear and hibernate.
It is based of Moso gaining some psychic abilities due to gaining long periods of rest.

Last edited:
NAME: Moseate
CATEGORY:
Hibernating Pokémon
ABILITIES: Chlorophyll/ Chlorophyll/ Comatose

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokemon is known to be very lazy. It's known to fall asleep even during battles! It's trainers are advised to keep a stock of Awakenings with them at all times.
DEX VERSION 2: Moseate, with its prolonged hibernation, has gained Psychic abilities. It is able to move the vines on its back with its psychic abilities.

DESCRIPTION: A slightly grown up version of Moso, which has thinned out a little, but still plump. It has grey-black fur with brown snout. It has two long vines coming out from its tail which can be extended. A small pink flower is below each of Moseate's ears. Likes to stay in a curled up position.

STAGES: Moso > (Level 15 with Max. Friendship) Moseate
Name derived from Moss, bear and hibernate.
It is based of Moso gaining some psychic abilities due to gaining long periods of rest.

Not exactly what I expected but still a pretty neat design! What I really find unexpected about it is the change of abilities and the use of friendship evolution all for a starter. Also don't forget to indicate that it can still evolve.

Not exactly what I expected but still a pretty neat design! What I really find unexpected about it is the change of abilities and the use of friendship evolution all for a starter. Also don't forget to indicate that it can still evolve.

Thanks! I just think that Starters need something changed in them, so I added the friendship thing. And Comatose helped with the theme, so I decided to add it. Let's see what can the next user do with Moseate...

Thanks! I just think that Starters need something changed in them, so I added the friendship thing. And Comatose helped with the theme, so I decided to add it. Let's see what can the next user do with Moseate...

It is nice to see changes to old standards which is definitely something like this thread can do a lot of showcase. It's why I like this idea because of the veritable breeding ground of ideas! Thinking about it though I am wary about friendship evolution for starter Pokemon. Max friendship has been known to take quite some time to achieve. It can present a few different problems such as its progress being hampered by the skill of the player, how it can affect the pace the player wants to play at, or when to start placing stronger foes in accommodation with the evolution.

#003 - Mozzlymare
NAME: Mozzlymare

CATEGORY: The Moss Grizzly Pokémon
ABILITIES: Overgrow / Chlorophyll / Bad Dreams

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokémon is feared for it's Psychic powers. When this Pokémon hibernates, its power is unlocked and he reaches his maximum potential.
DEX VERSION 2: Mozzlymare can be found in deep forests with other Mosos. When it hibernates, it normally makes the Mosos around it float.

DESCRIPTION: A big and fat Moso. It also has grey-black fur and its brown snout. His fur looks like stone and his head, backs, limbs and tail are covered by green moss. Moseate's flowers became a full grown flower beard, which it keeps hidden when curled up to hibernate. If it stands up, it can reach 7 feet tall, but it almost never is awake.

STAGES: Moso > (Level 15 with Max. Friendship) Moseate > (Level 40) Mozzlymare
Name derived from Moss, Grizzly and Nightmare. Appearance when hibernating reminds me of a giant moss-covered boulder.

I was the one who came up with the thread but I consider myself bad at designing Fakemon, so I took a while to finish this concept. I was not a fan of the Friendship in the starters at first but now I feel it could be interesting, so I postponed its final evo to level 40 to compensate for people who have problems with Friendship.

I feel the original idea was to go to a Grass/Rock starter, wasn't it? But in the end I really liked what we got!

#004 - Firite
NAME: Firite

CATEGORY: The Fire Sprite Pokemon
TYPE: Fire
ABILITIES: Blaze / Blaze / Prankster

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokémon is known for its mischievous pranks on people. It loves dancing inside fires.
DEX VERSION 2: Sometimes, they gather in groups, set a fire, and start dancing in it.

DESCRIPTION: It is brown (close to orange) and resembles a sprite. Its head and limbs have flames.

STAGES: Firite > ??? > ???

Name comes from fire and sprite. Preferred keeping it simple like Moso.

#005 - Pixlaise
NAME: Firite

CATEGORY: The Fire Sprite Pokemon

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokémon is known for its mischievous pranks on people. It loves dancing inside fires.
DEX VERSION 2: Sometimes, they gather in groups, set a fire, and start dancing in it.

DESCRIPTION: It is brown (close to orange) and resembles a sprite. Its head and limbs have flames.

STAGES: Firite > ??? > ???

Name comes from fire and sprite. Preferred keeping it simple like Moso.
(I posted a Fire Starter at the same time, but yours was first, so I decided to remove it. Also, you forgot the Chinese zodiac)

NAME: Pixlaise

CATEGORY: The Rude Pixie Pokemon

DEX VERSION 1: When Firite evolve into Pixlaise, they decided to leave their groups. Their personality changes, and they may have tantrums. They're known to try out practical jokes on their trainers.
DEX VERSION 2: Trainers should never go by a Pixlaise's appearance. However sweet it may look, it is always looking for a chance to play pranks. Clumsy trainers should specially beware.

DESCRIPTION: It is mostly white, and looks like a pixie. It has a nimble and tall body (think a small levanny with wings). It has a rather humanoid head, and has a gem on its forehead. Its hair are all in flames. Its limbs are also covered in flames.

STAGES: Firite > (Level 14 with Max. Friendship) Pixlaise > ???

Name come from Pixie, Blaze and Braise (French for ember)

#006 - Flixirisp
NAME: Flixirisp

CATEGORY: The Flame Pixie Pokemon
TYPE: Fire/Fairy
ABILITIES: Blaze / Magic Guard / Prankster

DEX VERSION 1: A Pixlaise's flames become even hotter when they evolve into Flixirisp, signified by the blue colour. Its control over magical fire is highly adept.
DEX VERSION 2: Although Flixirisp still enjoy pranking their trainers, great care is always taken to ensure that this "life partner" is never hurt or burned by them.

DESCRIPTION: Still resembling a pixie but bearing the height of a small child, Flixirisp is usually engulfed in a blue flame because of a sweet yet flammable substance coming from a small secretion between their two butterfly style wings, which have a flame pattern. Its body and hair are a pale purple colour with a pair of white gems on their hands, one for each. Their fire based moves come from the gems.

STAGES: Firite > (Level 14 with Max. Friendship) Pixlaise > (Level 40) > Flixirisp

The name comes from Flicker, Pixie, and Wisp.

If this line were real, Cyndaquil would be dethroned as my favourite starter without question. I wanted to follow true to the theme already presented by adding the Fairy type and I've also done Level 40 because of the friendship evolution.

#007 - Splashat
Fire/Fairy is where I was hoping it would go. It turned out really nice and it getting Magic Guard makes it even better :) With that typing and ability options as well as 500+ BST (and probably a moveset it can use Prankster well with since it got it), this could be a nice competitive Pokemon.

NAME: Splashat

CATEGORY: The Splashing Rat Pokemon
TYPE: Water/Normal
ABILITIES: Torrent / Torrent / Normalize

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokemon shows behaviour similar to Rattata, having driven their population away from the areas it calls its habitat. Yet it also has the ability to live in water by splashing about.
DEX VERSION 2: Splashat can use its feet to splash in water. This makes it able to live either in the water or the land.

DESCRIPTION: Resembles Rattata but is blue. Its feet are a bit bigger than other rodents' so they are strong enough to be used to splash on water.

STAGES: Splashat > ??? > ???

The name comes from splash and rat. In contrast to Moso getting a secondary type mid-stage and Firite getting it in the very end, Splashat gets it right in the beginning.

I was the one who came up with the thread but I consider myself bad at designing Fakemon, so I took a while to finish this concept. I was not a fan of the Friendship in the starters at first but now I feel it could be interesting, so I postponed its final evo to level 40 to compensate for people who have problems with Friendship.

I feel the original idea was to go to a Grass/Rock starter, wasn't it? But in the end I really liked what we got!

That's right, I was imagining a Grass/Rock final evolution and tried to foreshadow that a bit. I'm not at all disappointed though since Grass/Psychic is still fairly interesting for the concept and it also gives us a dedicated physical attacker for that type combo if I'm imagining it correctly.

I'm still not a fan of the friendship requirement for the first evolution. It just real slow to get max friendship throughout the initial campaign, which is something I can attest to having done so recently. If it ever becomes part of a real game then either the friendship mechanic will have to be reworked to be much faster or the game is gonna have a pretty slow early portion.

Ooh I didn't expect to miss the entire Fire line! This thread's already coming together!

That's right, I was imagining a Grass/Rock final evolution and tried to foreshadow that a bit. I'm not at all disappointed though since Grass/Psychic is still fairly interesting for the concept and it also gives us a dedicated physical attacker for that type combo if I'm imagining it correctly.

I'm still not a fan of the friendship requirement for the first evolution. It just real slow to get max friendship throughout the initial campaign, which is something I can attest to having done so recently. If it ever becomes part of a real game then either the friendship mechanic will have to be reworked to be much faster or the game is gonna have a pretty slow early portion.

Ooh I didn't expect to miss the entire Fire line! This thread's already coming together!
Didn't notice, I might've tried to get it there if I knew (I had time to post the third evo but had no good idea and felt like leaving it open for someone else to give a final evo as rushing it myself might've just ruined it).

I'd try to foreshadow it more; so I did with the Fire starter and then for Water I just gave it my preference right away (thought it fits so that each line gets the secondary at a different point; hope that becomes a better Bibarel).

I've already grown to the friendship requirement, it is actually kinda nice in the sense that your first partner rewards you for being friendly enough to it. I wouldn't be against either idea if this were real.

@Zexy , I've added Splashat to the OP but I'd like to ask you to let more people make first stage for the remaining dex, since you've created two of the starters. I don't want to impose a limitation to it but I think it will feel more "community-made" if we do that. Please don't get any bad meaning from this request.

#008 - Wotter
Name: Wotter
Category: The Lithe Otter Pokemon
Type: Water/Normal
Abilities: Torrent/Swift Swim/Limber
Dex Version 1: Wotter dwells near rivers, hunting aquatic pokemon with its graceful swimming ability. Those that live in areas frequented by Magikarp tend to thrive.
Dex Version 2: Wotter's lithe, streamlined body gives them strong swimming ability. Some more clever Wotters have learned to use their strength for cracking open Shellders they find to eat.
Description: A semi-aquatic streamlined yet powerful-looking pokemon with luxurious fur coated in waterproof oil it secretes, it is at home in the rivers where it hunts.
Its name is a combination of water and otter. The abilities it has access to have changed to fit its new form.
Stages: Splashat > Wotter > ?

Last edited:
#009 - Perlissant
Name: Wotter
Category: The Lithe Otter Pokemon
Type: Water/Normal
Abilities: Torrent/Swift Swim/Limber
Dex Version 1: Wotter dwells near rivers, hunting aquatic pokemon with its graceful swimming ability. Those that live in areas frequented by Magikarp tend to thrive.
Dex Version 2: Wotter's lithe, streamlined body gives them strong swimming ability. Some more clever Wotters have learned to use their strength for cracking open Shellders they find to eat.
Description: A semi-aquatic streamlined yet powerful-looking pokemon with luxurious fur coated in waterproof oil it secretes, it is at home in the rivers where it hunts.
Its name is a combination of water and otter. The abilities it has access to have changed to fit its new form.
I just wish that it existed... it could be my favourite water starter!

Also, I decided for Moseate to be a Grass/Psychic becuase Grass/Rock, or Grass/Ground would've made it too similar to Torterra...

EDIT:
NAME: Perlissant

CATEGORY: The Regal Pokemon
TYPE: Water/Normal
ABILITIES: Torrent /Serene Grace / Synchronise

DEX VERSION 1:
This Pokemon is treasured for the pearls which are found on its tail. This Pokemon is very proud of them, and is known to go into brutal battles to protect them. It likes to clean these pearls after such battles.

DEX VERSION 2: This Pokemon has a high opinion of itself. The more pearls are there on its bushy tail, the more high position it owns in the clan,

DESCRIPTION: A long, thin Pokemon resembling a sea mink (google it to know how it looks like). It has white skin, which shows only on its face, and rest of its body if covered in waterproof fur (which is light blue). The most prominent feature of its body is its tail, which is made of shining silver fur, and pearls are embedded into its tail.
It has black whiskers on its face, and wears a couple of seashells on its chest. Body structure is very much like wotter, but long and more muscular. It wears a crown made of white seashells.

STAGES: Splashat > Wotter > (Level 40) Perlissent

Name based of Pearl, Mink, and éblouissant (French for Dazzling).
Concept is based of the extinct sea mink, which is related to the otter family. I tried to make it different from samurott by giving it the royal theme.

Last edited:
#010 - Agoward
Since nobody else is going for it: time for our regional "rodent"!

NAME:
Agoward
CATEGORY: The Agouta Pokémon
TYPE: Normal/Poison
ABILITIES: Run Away / Run Away / Poison Touch

DEX VERSION 1: This Pokémon is easily scared. It lives in bushy areas and is commonly found digging a hole or climbing a tree to flee from danger.
DEX VERSION 2: This Pokémon produces a poisonous purple saliva which it uses as a last resort protection when it is cornered.

DESCRIPTION:
Very similar to the Solenodon itself. Major difference is it constantly produces a purple saliva and commonly drools it (not in a very desgusting way) and his claws are commonly covered with it (it licks its claws to coat them in poison and make them more resistant).

STAGES:
Agoward - ???

Name comes from Agouta and Coward.

#011 - Solenous
Also since we've been including information about the origin of the idea I've added the category ORIGIN to this entry.

NAME
: Solenous
CATEGORY: The Venomous Pokemon
TYPE: Normal/Poison
ABILITIES: Rattled / Anger Point / Merciless

DEX VERSION 1: Solenous are solitary fickle creatures that will often fly into a rage if ever disturbed. They have a reputation of going after those they feel have gravely offended them.

DEX VERSION 2: It is an adept hunter using its excellent hearing to track and potent poison to track and weaken its prey. It has been known to use these nefarious tactics against its enemies as well.

DESCRIPTION: A shrew-like creature, i.e. a Solenodon, around two feet high. It has light brown fur covering all but its ears, paws and long tail as well as purple claws that are coated in poison. The outer lining of its mouth is also colored purple giving the appearance of a sinister grin when it bares its fangs. It still often drools venomous saliva uncaring about where it may fall. Its snout is long and pointed making it wobble when sniffing or eating. Its squinted eyes are a sign of its mistrustful nature as well as its poor sight.

STAGES: Agoward (Level 20)- Solenous

ORIGIN: Name comes from sole as in solitary or alone, the Solenodon, and venomous or poisonous. One definition of solitary is "done or existing alone" which is a reference to the members of the Solenodon family being highly endangered or extinct. Venomous can also refer to its temperament.

Last edited:
#012 - Quesla
Regional Bird Time!

Name: Quesla
Category: Quail Pokemon
Type: Electric/ Flying
Abilities: Adaptablity/ Battery/ Lightning Rod

Dex Version 1: Professors theorise that once, Quesla were normal and flying types, but, in the urban areas, they had to sit on electric wires, and to avoid shocks, they began to adapt to the region's climate, and became part Electric type.
Dex Version 2: Quesla is known to be rather lazy, but, at times of a blackout, this Pokemon becomes agitated, and flies at fast speed in anger due to the lack of electricity on electric wires and poles.

Description: A small Pokemon, resembling a Quail, it has got a cream underside, and golden fur on the rest of the body, and some black spots on its back. It has got red eyes, and a small, curved yellow beak.

Stages: Quesla > ??? > ???

ORIGIN: Name comes from Quail and Tesla. Typing is based on the fact that in urban areas, birds spend most of their time on electric wires and poles (at least where I live).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom