• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden FakeDex

#013 - Questatic
Name: Questatic
Category: Quail Pokemon
Type: Electric/Flying
Abilities: Adaptablity/Battery/Lightning Rod

Dex Version 1: Questatic collect negative ions from the atmosphere and can discharge electricity through their talons, delivering powerful shocks to the aquatic prey it prefers to hunt.
Dex Version 2: Unlike most bird Pokémon, Questatic enjoy thunderstorms. Wild ones will actively fight one another as they climb higher towards these clouds. Onlookers should exercise caution at these times.

Description: Questatic combines some features of its previous form and the Quail with that of a Kestrel. It has a comb on its head that consists of a single yellow feather bent into the shape of a lightning bolt. Its claws are normally black but turn yellow when absorbing or using electricity, while the tips of its yellow wings are brown, as though burnt.

Stages:
Quesla (Level 18)> Questatic > ???

ORIGIN: The name comes from Quail, Kestrel, and Static. I wanted to add in a bird species that I don't think we've seen before in the previous 802 Pokémon.

Name: Questatic
Category: Quail Pokemon
Abilities: Adaptablity/Battery/Lightning Rod

Dex Version 1: Questatic collect negative ions from the atmosphere and can discharge electricity through their talons, delivering powerful shocks to the aquatic prey it prefers to hunt.
Dex Version 2: Unlike most bird Pokémon, Questatic enjoy thunderstorms. Wild ones will actively fight one another as they climb higher towards these clouds. Onlookers should exercise caution at these times.

Description: Questatic combines some features of its previous form and the Quail with that of a Kestrel. It has a comb on its head that consists of a single yellow feather bent into the shape of a lightning bolt. Its claws are normally black but turn yellow when absorbing or using electricity, while the tips of its yellow wings are brown, as though burnt.

Stages:
Quesla (Level 18)> Questatic > ???

ORIGIN: The name comes from Quail, Kestrel, and Static. I wanted to add in a bird species that I don't think we've seen before in the previous 802 Pokémon.

It looks like a nice evolution! Is it only me... or this regional bird is going to be very unique in its final form. I seem to have found a hint in Questatic's description, which suggests something unique. I'll not share it in case it curbs the creativity of the next user.
If it goes the direction I'm seeing, I'll be very, very happy.

#014 - Wattwing
I really wanted to start a new line, but since nobody finished this one...

Name: Wattwing
Category: The Storm Quail Pokémon
Abilities: Adaptablity / Battery / Lightning Rod

Dex Version 1: Wattwings like to make their nests on the top of power towers or poles. They use the energy they collected to maintain power on if there's a blackout.
Dex Version 2: This Pokémon is known to be overprotective of its offspring. When it flies together with its cast, it usually discharges lightning bolts from its tail to guide their young and forewarn onlookers of their presence.

Description: Having finished its transformation into a kestrel, it now starts resembling a falcon. Wattwing's comb/crown becomes bigger and has more feathers, now resembling a literal crown. The biggest feather is still in the same shape of a lightning bolt. Its coloration follows the same pattern as his pre evolutions, but now the yellow is shinier. It's slimmer than Questatic, its face is more serious looking but it normally keeps a majestic position. The final feather on its tail also has the lightning bolt shape.

Origin:
Just followed the idea of turning into a kestrel (a falcon subspecies). For the name, I tried to go with the Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame pattern, two very similar names and the final form being based on the type and in a bird feature. Really wanted to design something with Thor, Zeus or Jupiter, the gods of thunder, but preferred to follow Talonflame's design. Thought about calling it Sparkclaw too, but I feel claw is not a bird related word. Opinions?

Stages:
Quesla (Level 18) > Questatic (Level 36) > Wattwing.

I really wanted to start a new line, but since nobody finished this one...

Name: Wattwing
Category: The Storm Quail Pokémon
Abilities: Adaptablity / Battery / Lightning Rod

Dex Version 1: Wattwings like to make their nests on the top of power towers or poles. They use the energy they collected to maintain power on if there's a blackout.
Dex Version 2: This Pokémon is known to be overprotective of its offspring. When it flies together with its cast, it usually discharges lightning bolts from its tail to guide their young and forewarn onlookers of their presence.

Description: Having finished its transformation into a kestrel, it now starts resembling a falcon. Wattwing's comb/crown becomes bigger and has more feathers, now resembling a literal crown. The biggest feather is still in the same shape of a lightning bolt. Its coloration follows the same pattern as his pre evolutions, but now the yellow is shinier. It's slimmer than Questatic, its face is more serious looking but it normally keeps a majestic position. The final feather on its tail also has the lightning bolt shape.

Origin:
Just followed the idea of turning into a kestrel (a falcon subspecies). For the name, I tried to go with the Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame pattern, two very similar names and the final form being based on the type and in a bird feature. Really wanted to design something with Thor, Zeus or Jupiter, the gods of thunder, but preferred to follow Talonflame's design. Thought about calling it Sparkclaw too, but I feel claw is not a bird related word. Opinions?

Stages:
Quesla (Level 18) > Questatic (Level 36) > Wattwing.

Looks nice! Gengarzilla's post had suddenly given me the idea of a Electric/Fire regional bird with levitate, but this is pretty neat, too.

#015 - Greevil
Origin: Just followed the idea of turning into a kestrel (a falcon subspecies). For the name, I tried to go with the Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame pattern, two very similar names and the final form being based on the type and in a bird feature. Really wanted to design something with Thor, Zeus or Jupiter, the gods of thunder, but preferred to follow Talonflame's design. Thought about calling it Sparkclaw too, but I feel claw is not a bird related word. Opinions?

I think claw would have been fine since a talon is a type of claw anyway. Sparkclaw would have been neat since "spark" and "claw" share a sound that can help with making the name sound like one word. Sparkclaw (or any of the other ways you could spell it) also sounds like "sparkle" which is a term that has been associated with Electric-types before. Also it has "spar" in it if you wanted to give it a fighter personality.

Looks nice! Gengarzilla's post had suddenly given me the idea of a Electric/Fire regional bird with levitate, but this is pretty neat, too.

I don't see what made you think of that type combo for the evolution.

ANYWAY

Name: Greevil
Category: The Hungry Pokemon
Types: Bug
Abilities: Gluttony/Gluttony/Vital Spirit

Dex Version 1: Greevil are voracious eaters that love all sorts of vegetation uncaring of whether they be plant or Pokemon. Cottonee are one of their absolute favorites.
Dex Version 2: This larval stage known as Greevil is spent constantly eating in preparation for its pupal stage. Its greed and gluttony will lead it to attack anything it believes is attempting to take its food.

Description: A fat white grub with a black head and green-tipped stubby legs. It has two green vertical stripes on its head that when viewed from a distance look like thin eyes. The green marks on its legs are uneven and resemble splotchy stains.

Origins: Name comes from grub, weevil, greed, and evil.

Stages: Greevil - ??? - ???

Last edited:
#016 - Desocoon
Thought about calling it Sparkclaw too, but I feel claw is not a bird related word. Opinions?
I might have gone for Spartalon if we were going to combine Spark with something. It also gives us Spar and Sparta, both words giving off a "powerful" feel similar to Thor and Zeus. Wattwing's still a good name though, don't worry.

Saddest pupa incoming!

Name: Desocoon
Category: The Cocoon Pokemon
Types: Bug/Dark
Abilities: Shed Skin/Shed Skin/Moody

Dex Version 1: One thing that distinguishes Desocoon from Pokémon such as Metapod and Silcoon is the intense dislike it feels towards being trapped. Company from a caring trainer is vital.
Dex Version 2: Having reached its pupal stage, this evolved form of Greevil must now endure long periods without the food it loved. This realisation leads to regret, which strengthens its developing body.

Description: Now far from white, Desocoon is wrapped in a black silk cocoon in a vertical pointing shape. Overall, it has the shape of a teardrop, symbolic of this Pokémon's general mood. Near the bottom of its body are two red eyes.
Origins: The name comes from Desolate and Cocoon.

Stages: Greevil (Level 8) - Desocoon - ???

Last edited:
#017 - Thevil
Look Out! Rampaging Moth Alert! Rampaging Moth Alert!

Name: Thevil
Category: The Vicious Pokemon
Abilities: Levitate/Levitate/Contrary

Dex Version 1: This Pokemon is an expert at keeping grudges. When it evolves from Desocoon, it's first action is to hunt out every single thing which hurt it in its immobile stage, and Attack it with all its might.

Dex Version 2: Trainers who raise Thevil are unofficially considered by most to be on occupational hazard, as its rage levels are comparable to Gyarados, and Aerodactyl.

Description: Desocoon has now become a Moth, resembling a Six Spot Burnet Moth. It has a black body, with red highlights. It retains its red eyes, and has expansive wings with red and gold spots shaped like teardrops.

Origins: The name comes Moth, and Evil. It also resembles "The Evil", and "Devil". I don't think I'm a stellar at names, and I'm not sure at Thevil...

Stages: Greevil (Level 8) - Desocoon (Level 30)- Thevil

I increased the evolution level greatly, because I wanted this to be a strong Bug type like Vikavolt, increasing the evolution level to justify the high base stats.

Come on man weevil was in the name and everything!
I guess the Dark type sorta tilted it towards a well known nocturnal bug. I've never actually heard of a weevil before.

Contrary, huh? Obviously incompatible in combination with the potential Quiver Dance but it's still a good choice of ability. I like how our bug's turned out. Next... um, who knows? That's the best part.

#018 - Depreetle
Come on man weevil was in the name and everything!

I guess the Dark type sorta tilted it towards a well known nocturnal bug. I've never actually heard of a weevil before.

Worry not, my fellow friends...

Name: Depreetle
Category: The Crying Beetle Pokémon
Abilities: Moody / Moody / Rivalry

Dex Version 1: Because they can't stand not eating any longer, male Desocoons split early. After they become Depreetles, they go around looking for the food it missed so much.
Dex Version 2: If you are inside a forest at night and can hear a sound similar to someone crying, it's probably a Depreetle or two trying to attract Thevils to mate.

Description: Imagine a Desocoon turned into a big weevil (sort of a beetle). The black silk shell opens up and Depreetle gets out of it. Its head is black and body is white, the same colors Greevil had. The legs still have the green spots, but now are mixed with the red spots shaped like teardrops (since Thevil loses the green spots, I imagine Depreetle as being a "half-transformed" form). Its eyes are red too.

Origins: Beetle and depression. Wanted to use Weevil but there's already too many use of this name in this line (Greevil and Thevil).

Stages:
Greevil (Level 8) - Desocoon (Level 30 if FEMALE ) - Thevil
Greevil (Level 8) - Desocoon (Level 20 if MALE) - Depreetle

Also, Greevil is the name of a monster in Dota 2.

That's pretty surprising since weevils are very common insects. They are the largest group of beetles, which are the largest group of insects, which are the largest group of animals after all. They are notorious pests and given the chance will reek havoc on crops like wheat and cotton.

I was anticipating it going Dark-type but not because of the type's connection with darkness or night. It's a topic we've seen much discussion about here on the forums.

I do really love the direction you went with the cocoon stage. The entries about resenting being trapped and unable to eat are pretty fantastic.

Beetles and moths are part of the superorder of insects which are known to have a larval-pupal-adult life cycle but they're like so far apart from each other on the taxonomic tree they could have been classified differently if is weren't for that distinction.

Ah well, that's the nature of this project. It's a pretty great experience I'd say.

Also, Greevil is the name of a monster in Dota 2.

I didn't know that since I've never played the game. It's a pretty easy name to come up with so I'm not surprised it was already being used as the name of something else.

#019 - Crawkan
That's pretty surprising since weevils are very common insects. They are the largest group of beetles, which are the largest group of insects, which are the largest group of animals after all.
Then I guess there's the off chance that I've seen them, but the group name is still new to me.

Stages:
Ooh, gender specific split evolution from my cocoon addition? I'm honoured. I like how they differ in their personalities too.

Now then, does anyone here have a sweet tooth?

Name: Crawkan
Category: The Sugar Pokémon
Types: Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Solid Rock/Solid Rock/Rock Head

Dex Version 1: It is hypothesised that the hard outer shell of this sociable Pokémon developed in response to predators targeting its sweet, sugary core. However, it must now be wary of hills.

Dex Version 2: Though occasionally hyper, Crawkan are kind hearted. If one encounters a tired human or Pokémon then it will send some internal sugar to the surface and let them lick it off.

Description: Crawkan, like Minior's unshielded form, comes in a variety of colours. It is heavily reminiscent of a gobstopper/jawbreaker sweet and has thin black arms and feet coming out from this shell. These limbs and its pink eyes can be retracted to let it roll across the ground quicker in a similar manner to Graveler and Golem.

Origins:
The name comes from Candy and corruptions of Rock and Crack. Its dual typing is derived from rock candy.

Stages: Crawkan - ???

Stages:

A male counterpart to Thevil? Like that we got a different regional bug! I like their contrast in personalities. The females prefer to control their hunger, and go on a rampage after evolving, while the males cannot control their hunger, and evolve early.

I am not good at this, but here:

Name: Aireon
Category: Flying Fox Pokémon
Type: Flying
Abilities: Keep Eye/?

Dex 1: When an Eevee evolves into this Pokémon, it grows rainbow long wings above its paws.

Dex 2: The large rainbow wings of this Pokémon allows it to fly at incredible speeds.

Origin: From air and -eon, a a suffix shared by all Eeveeutions.

Stages: Eevee (Mystical Wing) - Aireon

Shouldn't Kangashkan have a pre-evolution? I would call her daughter Kanga.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not good at this, but here:

Name: Aireon
Category: Flying Fox Pokémon
Type: Flying
Abilities: Keep Eye/?

Dex 1: When an Eevee evolves into this Pokémon, it grows rainbow long wings above its paws.

Dex 2: The large rainbow wings of this Pokémon allows it to fly at incredible speeds.

Origin: From air and -eon, a a suffix shared by all Eeveeutions.

Stages: Eevee (Mystical Wing) - Aireon

Shouldn't Kangashkan have a pre-evolution? I would call her daughter Kanga.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
A regional eeveelution, I see...

I like it, but we still need an evolution for Gengarzilla's Crawkan...

Oh, I actually forgot there was still an incomplete line. @QueenEevee you're entry is gonna have to be held back until any preceding lines are complete. That should also give you time to flesh out your idea since it's looking kinda bare. Just resubmit it when appropriate. You can leave that post there for now.

Then I guess there's the off chance that I've seen them, but the group name is still new to me.

Ooh, gender specific split evolution from my cocoon addition? I'm honoured. I like how they differ in their personalities too.

Now then, does anyone here have a sweet tooth?

Name: Crawkan
Types: Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Solid Rock/Solid Rock/Rock Head

Dex Version 1: It is hypothesised that the hard outer shell of this sociable Pokémon developed in response to predators targeting its sweet, sugary core. However, it must now be wary of hills.

Dex Version 2: Though occasionally hyper, Crawkan are kind hearted. If one encounters a tired human or Pokémon then it will send some internal sugar to the surface and let them lick it off.

Description: Crawkan, like Minior's unshielded form, comes in a variety of colours. It is heavily reminiscent of a gobstopper/jawbreaker sweet and has thin black arms and feet coming out from this shell. These limbs and its pink eyes can be retracted to let it roll across the ground quicker in a similar manner to Graveler and Golem.

Origins:
The name comes from Candy and corruptions of Rock and Crack. Its dual typing is derived from rock candy.

Stages: Crawkan - ???

I think I've come up with a concept for Crawkan's evolution...

Name: Crawkoxic
Types: Poison/Fairy
Abilities: Rock Head/Posion Touch/Rockworker [the Power of Rock type moves is increased by 50%]

Dex Version 1: Since Crawkan were targeted a lot by Humans, and Pokemon alike, this Pokemon had to take extreme measures to protect itself. This Pokemon has now developed poisonous horns, and is capable of mixing poison with its sweets, as a measure to prey.

Dex Version 2: These Pokemon thoroughly enjoy the festival of Halloween, and it is the only time when they don't poison their sweets. They are also known to feed non-poison sweets to trainers they trust.

Description: Crawkoxic are largely similar to their pre evolutions, and maintain their previous colour. Their shell, however, how has beautiful, multicoloured stalagmite and stalactite-like structures. This makes them unable to roll on the ground. Each of its horns have a purple coloured tip, and it has a purple gemstone on its forehead.

Origins:
Concept is based on various myths of poisoned sweets. The name origin is same as that of Crawkan, but adds on Toxic.

Stages: Crawkan (level up after learning toxic)> Crawkoxic

Name: Radiega
Category: Weaving Pokémon
Types: Bug/Fairy
Abilities: Overcoat

Description:
An all-female species. These Pokémon wander the skies in search of a Pokémon they once knew, and are often seen hanging around a flock of bird Pokémon (not sure if I'll name a specific species just yet) as it continues this quest. It can weave threads to defend itself with, and attack by absorbing and reflecting light from its unusually shiny and tightly-woven wings. Associated moves include String Shot and Dazzling Gleam.

Pokédex Entry 1: Often seen around a flock of [insert Pokémon], this Pokémon weaves threads while looking longingly at the sky. Researchers believe it is searching for another Pokémon.
Pokédex Entry 2: This Pokémon evolved after a fated meeting with [insert Pokémon]. It cherishes that moment every day, and it wishes to meet [insert Pokémon] again on the 7th day of the 7th month.

Appearance:
Taking traits of mayflies, their "arms" have silk hanging off the ends of them which take the shape of a kimono, not unlike that of Sensu Style Oricorio. Their bodies shine brighter than most Pokémon. Regular colour is a deep blue fading into white, shiny form is a three-tone blue, red and yellow colour scheme. Can be reversed, too, if you think that'd fit better.

Origins:
Basically, the idea behind this Pokémon's origins is based entirely on this story: The Weaver Girl and the Cowherd - Wikipedia
The idea is to make a duo, or potentially trio, of Pokémon related to each other and evolve through some sort of trade sequence that are associated with the stars of Vega, Altair and Deneb.
Alternatively, this could reach close to Legendary status depending on how close to Jirachi we could be getting (since I definitely want at least one of the Pokémon to reference its type due to Tanabata), but I'm fine with holding this idea back if we do go that route.

The name origin follows a similar convention, being a combination of "radiant" and "Vega" in reference to its role in the story.

Stages: ??? (Trade with ???, similar to Karrablast and Shelmet) > Radiega

Am I jumping the gun here by introducing this sort of concept to this Pokédex of our own creation? Haha...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom