• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden FakeDex

M
Name: Radiega
Category: Weaving Pokémon
Types: Bug/Fairy
Abilities: Overcoat

Description:
An all-female species. These Pokémon wander the skies in search of a Pokémon they once knew, and are often seen hanging around a flock of bird Pokémon (not sure if I'll name a specific species just yet) as it continues this quest. It can weave threads to defend itself with, and attack by absorbing and reflecting light from its unusually shiny and tightly-woven wings. Associated moves include String Shot and Dazzling Gleam.

Pokédex Entry 1: Often seen around a flock of [insert Pokémon], this Pokémon weaves threads while looking longingly at the sky. Researchers believe it is searching for another Pokémon.
Pokédex Entry 2: This Pokémon evolved after a fated meeting with [insert Pokémon]. It cherishes that moment every day, and it wishes to meet [insert Pokémon] again on the 7th day of the 7th month.

Appearance:
Taking traits of mayflies, their "arms" have silk hanging off the ends of them which take the shape of a kimono, not unlike that of Sensu Style Oricorio. Their bodies shine brighter than most Pokémon. Regular colour is a deep blue fading into white, shiny form is a three-tone blue, red and yellow colour scheme. Can be reversed, too, if you think that'd fit better.

Origins:
Basically, the idea behind this Pokémon's origins is based entirely on this story: The Weaver Girl and the Cowherd - Wikipedia
The idea is to make a duo, or potentially trio, of Pokémon related to each other and evolve through some sort of trade sequence that are associated with the stars of Vega, Altair and Deneb.
Alternatively, this could reach close to Legendary status depending on how close to Jirachi we could be getting (since I definitely want at least one of the Pokémon to reference its type due to Tanabata), but I'm fine with holding this idea back if we do go that route.

The name origin follows a similar convention, being a combination of "radiant" and "Vega" in reference to its role in the story.

Stages: ??? (Trade with ???, similar to Karrablast and Shelmet) > Radiega

Am I jumping the gun here by introducing this sort of concept to this Pokédex of our own creation? Haha...

I think it looks unique! I think we need a magpie Pokemon as a part of the trio, since they help by forming a bridge between the lovers...

NAME: Amourra
CATEGORY:
The Magpie Pokémon
TYPE: Psychic/Fairy
ABILITIES: Levitate/ Uniter [Increases the special attack of allies and itself by 2 stages on Switch in]

DEX VERSION 1: These intelligent Pokemon travel in flocks, and can often be found travelling with Radiega, and [insert third Pokemon Name]. For some reason, Radiega and [third Pokemon] are very, very rarely present together in Amourra flock.

DEX VERSION 2: These Pokemon are often called "Lovebirds", and most couples in the region own a pair to signify their togetherness.

DESCRIPTION: They look similar to the Indochinese Green Magpies Indochinese green magpie - Wikipedia. Their wings have a pink aura surrounding them, and they have pink beaks. Their head has a very prominent crest in the shape of a pink heart.

STAGES: Amourra [Do not evolve]
Relatives: ??? (Trade with Amourra) > Radiega
: ??? (Trade with Amourra) > ???
BONUS: this Pokemon is based on the magpie flock which help to unite the Weaver and the Cowherd. The Cowherd Pokemon needs to be traded with Amourra to evolve, the same method as Radiega, indicating that Amourra help they both to link in some way.
The name comes from Amour (French for love), and Aura.

I like it a lot! With the above stuff you've put in mind, let me amend my previous Pokédex entries for Radiega:

Pokédex Entry 1: Often seen around a flock of Amourra, this Pokémon weaves threads while looking longingly at the sky. Researchers believe it is searching for another Pokémon, and that it gets unusually sad when it rains in the summer.
Pokédex Entry 2: This Pokémon evolved after a fated meeting with [insert Pokémon] amongst a flock of bird Pokémon. It wishes to meet [insert Pokémon] again on the 7th day of the 7th month, and continues to weave silk as it awaits that moment.

Also, as a bonus, I also came up with a Japanese name for it - Orihikaru, derived from Orihime ("Weaving Princess", the character in the story represented by the star Vega) and hikaru ("to shine").

The more I look at it, the more this idea of mine is starting to resemble Generation VII's Special Pokémon section - the whole stars thing with the Cosmog evolution line, Celesteela's Japanese name being Tekkaguya... Of course, this isn't even delving into the Jirachi thing I mentioned earlier, whose design references the Tanabata festival.

Now for a fossil Pokémon.

Name: Smilocat
Category: Fang cat Pokémon
Description: revived from the Fang fossil, this little feline is based on the notorious sabertooth cat known as Smilodon fatalis. It has baby blue fur, and went extinct due to competition for food with cavemen.
Type: Rock/Dark
Origin: Smilodon, one of the most recognizable Pleistocene Megafauna.
Ability: Intimidate

Evolution: ????????

Last edited:
Now for a fossil Pokémon.
Name: Smilocat
Category: Fang cat Pokémon
Description: revived from the Fang fossil, this little feline is based on the notorious sabertooth cat known as Smilodon fatalis. It has baby blue fur, and went extinct due to competition for food with cavemen.
Type: Rock/Dark
Origin: Smilodon, one of the most recognizable Pleistocene Megafauna.
Ability: Intimidate
Evolution: ????????

Name:Smiligon.
Category: Diamond Tooth Pokémon.
Type:Steel/Dark.
Abilities
:Strong Jaw/Moxie.

Description:An unnatural evolution. Smiligon has legs have been coated in steel, and their fangs in Diamond. No scientist has figure out this unnatural evolution to this ancient Pokémon. (((I kinda based this on the SaberTooth Tiger Zord/ SaberTiger of Zyuranger despite different species))).

DEX VERSION 1- 'This ancient Pokémon went under a mysterious evolution. Scientist have wonder if there was an advanced civilization before humans that modify this Pokémon.'

DEX VERSION 2- 'This Pokemon diamond tip fangs are capable to break anything. They are believe to be even able to break Diagla's breastplate.'

Evolutionary Line: Smilocat -Level Up with Metal coat-Smiligon
-Without metal coat-????????

@TouyaShiro and @PkmnTrainerV I'll make the third one to that trio later if I can.

Last edited:
It's two months since someone last posted on this thread and I think a Ghost-type has not come up yet; so here goes. Why didn't I see this thread earlier?!

NAME:Fossyrie
TYPE:Ghost/Rock
CATEGORY:Aura Pokémon
HEIGHT:1m
WEIGHT:50kg
ABILITIES:Mood Control/Mood Control/Levitate

*Mood Control - The Pokémon changes its aura depending on its held berry.
No Berry - Normal Fossyrie (White aura)
Spelon Berry - Angry Fossyrie (Red aura)
Razz Berry - Sad Fossyrie (Blue aura)
Pamtre Berry - Happy Fossyrie (Yellow aura)
Pinap Berry - Naughty Fossyrie (Green aura)

APPEARANCE - Fossyrie resembles a rock, shaped in the form of 8, with two wide depressions on the front surface, one on the top and the other on the bottom. This Pokémon has black squinty eyes and a mouth. However, the most important characteristic of Fossyrie is the ovoid aura around its main body, which changes color depending on its mood, which ultimately changes its stats, the Normal Fossyrie having equal base stats in all the parameters.

DESCRIPTION 1:
A rock brought to life by emotions, an eerie aura surrounds its rock body, which changes color depending on its feelings. A group usually flocks around berry fields picking berries, which they then share with other Pokémon. However, these Pokémon must not be angered, as they can render a berry field completely damaged due to their rocky bodies.
DESCRIPTION 2: When it sees a sad Pokémon, it will give out nearby berries to it. However, its mood is very unstable, and it will eat all the berries if angered by any external means. Trainers of this Pokémon must keep regular supply of the berries which affect its mood to prevent a possible tantrum.

EVOLUTION: Does not evolve.

NAME ORIGIN: Fossyrie's name is derived from 'fossil' and 'eerie', referencing to the eerie aura surrounding it.

Last edited:
Oh, dead thread. Maybe this single stage mon will shock it awake!

NAME: Volthorpe
TYPE: Electric/Rock
CATEGORY: Shock Therapy Pokemon
ABILITIES: Static/Solid Rock/Magnet Pull

APPEARANCE: A large, golem like Pokemon looking as though it was made out of boulders. It is grey, and rather stout, with stubby legs, a small head with small, irregular eyes and no mouth set between it's shoulder's.It has two super long arms ended with massive hands that are usually closed in a fist, resembling the head of a sledgehammer, and it has a stance similar to a gorilla's. There is a yellow inner glow coming from it's eyes, and yellow runelike markings are on it's hands and fingers.

DESCRIPTION: This Pokemon, despite all appearances, is actually benevolent, and can somehow generate electricity, emitted via the runes on it's oversized hands. It uses this mild electric current to heal and disrupt others, via triggering nerves, muscles, and areas of the brain. It can move very quickly via pulling itself along over the terrain with it's arms. It can and will resort to violence if needed, and can smash boulders to pieces using it's fists like sledgehammers.

DEX ENTRY V1: This Pokemon has a surprisingly gentle touch, and nurtures injured Pokemon back to health. It is well known for disrupting enemy Pokemon in combat via electric shocks from it's hands.

DEX ENTRY V2:
This benevolent Pokemon is said to have been created by a ancient civilisation as a protector. Legends tell of it smashing a mountain to dust to enable it's owner to pass.

ORIGIN: A combination of Volt, Thor (It is mildly based off Mjlnor), and a corruption of 'therapy'.

Although we already have a good amount of electric and rock Pokemon, I thought this made a unique addition. Maybe one of you can cook up a pre-evo for it, but I think it's OK as it is.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom