• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] Bulbagarden Forum Rules (Last Updated April 13th, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... that's something I'd have to check on with some other higher ups. For some context, what language are you hoping to make your website in?
Esperanto.
This is because I want to have a place for collecting fan made translations and etymologies of the names into Esperanto, as no official content is in the language.

Is asking for help with setting up a different pokemon related wiki against the rule on advertising? If not, then where does it go?
If you're doing this for a non-English wiki, that's not a problem at all. We had a prospective Malay wiki asking us a few things last year.

What are the forum policies on swearing?
Swearing is allowed on the forums, so long as you don't go overboard, and don't use them to insult anybody or something similar. Slurs are also not allowed under any circumstances.

hi! question, are there any moderations on ships? the pokemon fandom has a big issue with minor x adult pairings and while i do know it's impossible to decide for certain what's a yikes age gap, especially with a series as vague with it's ages as pokemon, i feel like there are a fair few obvious ones. i've looked at the bulbagarden ship list albeit not in detail, and the fact that there seems to be a ship name for every possible combo of every possible character seems... concerning, to say the least. again, i'm not suggesting for a complete nuke of the ship list, but at the very least a few obvious bad ones should maybe be addressed. i'm not sure if incest is also an issue but if so then that should be more obvious atleast

hi! question, are there any moderations on ships? the pokemon fandom has a big issue with minor x adult pairings and while i do know it's impossible to decide for certain what's a yikes age gap, especially with a series as vague with it's ages as pokemon, i feel like there are a fair few obvious ones. i've looked at the bulbagarden ship list albeit not in detail, and the fact that there seems to be a ship name for every possible combo of every possible character seems... concerning, to say the least. again, i'm not suggesting for a complete nuke of the ship list, but at the very least a few obvious bad ones should maybe be addressed. i'm not sure if incest is also an issue but if so then that should be more obvious atleast
So I can't claim to be an expert on the shipping community, but I do know it has a long, long history and a lot of the ships you're talking about have existed in the community for years if not decades. I personally believe shipping doesn't have to be romantic or sexual in nature, so if somebody wants to talk about a relationship between two characters with a large age difference in a friendly way or as a sort of mentor relationship, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You can enjoy character interactions without making it romantic.

That being said, we are of course staunchly against sexualizing minors or promoting inappropriate relationships, so if you see any posts that seem to do this then please report them.

This may be a good discussion to have as a staff moving forward, because I don't know how many staff members we've had in recent years who are actively involved in the shipping side of the community so it's possible that thread you mentioned has slipped under our radar. Reporting something is the best way to make sure we see it.

Hi! I'm going to assume you're talking about the neverending romance ship thread? If so, this is a thread that originally began a very long time ago and is used for little more than just organizational purposes now. There are a lot of pairings in this long list with some dating back decades and I can say with confidence that them existing on it does not mean we approve of every ship listed there, much less do something as awful as approve of any questionable pairs in real life. Some people have said having a list helps them so they can blacklist certain ship names as well, and have found it useful in that regard.

I do understand why you'd want to ask this though; it's a valid question. But as someone who has been exposed to shipping in this series for well over 20 years and understands how it's changed over time I can assure you that is list is just that - a list - and absolutely does not represent the site or staff's views. If you ever spot any posts that sexualize minors in any way or other questionable content, please do report them ASAP as we do not condone such things here.

Hi! I'm going to assume you're talking about the neverending romance ship thread? If so, this is a thread that originally began a very long time ago and is used for little more than just organizational purposes now. There are a lot of pairings in this long list with some dating back decades and I can say with confidence that them existing on it does not mean we approve of every ship listed there, much less do something as awful as approve of any questionable pairs in real life. Some people have said having a list helps them so they can blacklist certain ship names as well, and have found it useful in that regard.

I do understand why you'd want to ask this though; it's a valid question. But as someone who has been exposed to shipping in this series for well over 20 years and understands how it's changed over time I can assure you that is list is just that - a list - and absolutely does not represent the site or staff's views. If you ever spot any posts that sexualize minors in any way or other questionable content, please do report them ASAP as we do not condone such things here.
oh! i believe that was what i was referring to, thank you for the clarification :thumbsupcat:

Pronoun Field Rule Addition
Update: a new rule has been added regarding the usage of pronoun fields, which falls under Baiting

• Don't misuse the pronoun profile field. The field is only for other users to find out how they should probably address you, and should only be used for that purpose.

if the mod is abusing their status what should I do?
if that's the case, please do this! (sorry you're feeling that way also, hopefully it'll be resolved!)
If you are unhappy with a warning that you have received, discuss it with the moderator that gave you the warning. If you still believe that the moderator was unfair or biased against you after your discussion, please use this form to register your complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom