• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] Bulbagarden Forum Rules (Last Updated April 13th, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making a language quiz game, I will be posting in Latin characters of course, but this game is based around guessing the language of a text in an image and of course there will be some non-Latin characters. Is it okay for me to proceed with this plan?
I'll say that's fine as long as you can give verifiable translations of the posted words. That is a bit different from trying to have a conversation in another language or something.

I'm thinking of making a language quiz game, I will be posting in Latin characters of course, but this game is based around guessing the language of a text in an image and of course there will be some non-Latin characters. Is it okay for me to proceed with this plan?
I think that this is fine.

Is this new theme permanent?I thought it was just for gay pride month but it's now been a month since that ended so why is it still like this?Or is this a personal thing?
Sorry I didn't know where else to ask this.

Is this new theme permanent?I thought it was just for gay pride month but it's now been a month since that ended so why is it still like this?Or is this a personal thing?
Sorry I didn't know where else to ask this.
The theme will stay as an option but you can always change it at the very bottom left of your page.

Hi, guys! Just letting you know that there were some small changes made to the Unreadable Text rule. While we still ask that posts and blogs be written in English only, non-English and non-latin characters are allowed in user titles, usernames, signatures, and VMs, so that our users are able to express themselves in other languages and communicate better with other users who speak the same languages.

[*]A sockpuppet is an additional account you create on top of your main one, without staff permission.
[*]The warning is applied to your main account with the sockpuppet being permanently banned.

I was wondering about this question. If one is unsatisfied with their current account, could they create a new one?
What I mean is what if the person decides that they don't like the way things are going on their account in terms of the number of random threads and would like to focus in one area (Writer's Workshop, the Fun and Games Forums for example), but can't thanks to all of the threads that they have made. If not that's fine. I kind of want to do this. Again, it's fine if I can't. I want to focus my account on stories.

I was wondering about this question. If one is unsatisfied with their current account, could they create a new one?
What I mean is what if the person decides that they don't like the way things are going on their account in terms of the number of random threads and would like to focus in one area (Writer's Workshop, the Fun and Games Forums for example), but can't thanks to all of the threads that they have made. If not that's fine. I kind of want to do this. Again, it's fine if I can't. I want to focus my account on stories.
Hey, if you'd like to we can ban your current account as a requested ban, then you're free to create a new account. Just PM me if you want to go-ahead with that.

We have a new rule to address the problem with spoilering media;

5. Don't purposefully post spoilers for recent media content (Spoiler Breaking) [3 points, 1 month]
  • Don't reveal significant plot, gameplay, or similar elements from recently (one month or less) released media
  • Any spoilers should be kept in spoiler tags or in threads marked for spoilers in the title
  • Elements that have already been officially revealed (in trailers, announcements, official previews, etc) are NOT spoilers
  • References to plot elements or quotes that do not reveal the significance of that plot point or quote are NOT spoilers

Small update this time;

13. Don't post offensive or oversexualized images (Inappropriate Content) [10 points, 4 months]
  • Don't use pictures that focus on or draw attention to breasts, buttocks and/or crotches (even clothed) as avatars or in your signature.
  • Don't use pictures that focus on or draw attention to fetish or erotic imagery, including non-naked images as avatars or in your signature.
  • Don't use images of partially nude people (in lingerie, in underwear, etc.) as your avatar or signature.
  • Don't use imagery associated with hate movements, ideologies or groups (Confederate States, Alt-Right, etc.) as avatars or in your signature.
  • Outside of avatars and signatures, excessive or disrespectful use of such images may be considered Inappropriate Content or Abuse and Harassment.
  • Don't link to websites that notoriously contain inappropriate content (e.g. 4Chan). Appropriate screenshots from these sites may be used instead.

Hello,

My purpose here was to scan to see if necroposting is addressed (as far as I could tell it's not) and the sock puppet policy got my attention. In light of this, I feel I should come forward with something though it's years old.

When I first came to Bulbagarden in 2011, I'd originally made a different account using the names of my lost Silver (as in dead battery/lost file, not to be confused with the creepypasta lol) level 100's WindyNorbertMuffin. Shortly subsequent, I decided I didn't like that as a username and thus this account was born.
I haven't touched WindyNorbertMuffin since. I have had at least a couple of password reset emails sent to me pertaining to it but purely out of forgetfulness while fixing to reset the password for this account as the email address associated with WNM is my primary public email and far more in use than the one associated with this account. It's to the point that the former is literally a reflex.

At the time I hadn't been aware of the sock puppet policy and/or that letting the unwanted account sit unused might not have been the proper way to handle it.

You're welcomed to delete WindyNorbertMuffin. If this frees up the email address to be attached to this account instead than I encourage it.

I apologize, had I realized this sooner, it wouldn't have taken me this long to come forward.
It's gone all these years unnoticed but I figure that doesn't mean it couldn't have still come back to haunt me.

Last edited:
Hi. Can we be penalized for rule-violating posts that we have deleted?

Hi. Can we be penalized for rule-violating posts that we have deleted?
It's situational. Posting something that is blatantly attacking someone only to delete it after at least someone has likely seen it will probably still get you in trouble. But if it's something minor or if it appears to have been an honest mistake then we usually won't act on it.

It's situational. Posting something that is blatantly attacking someone only to delete it after at least someone has likely seen it will probably still get you in trouble. But if it's something minor or if it appears to have been an honest mistake then we usually won't act on it.
Ok, good. Thank you.

Forum rules have been overhauled, please see the first post in this thread. If you have a question, let me know here. I may not get back to you quickly, but I will try.

Thanks.

Avoid posting in languages other than English, and avoid excessive styling in posts

Er, does this include using Japanese names for Pokemon? Because I've seen plenty of people do this in the anime section and while it doesn't bother me at all, this rule seems like it discourages people from using foreign Pokemon names.

Excessive styling can be: excessive use of rainbow text, large fonts, large images, spoiler pyramids, etc

I swear this rule was made just to spite me wasn't it? May I ask what specifically is wrong with using rainbow text?

Point 1 - Japanese is fine, I’ll fix that as soon as I can. It’s always been logical to allow it given the franchise.

Point 2 - Some rainbow text is fine, but when it’s paragraphs and paragraphs of it, it’s an eye sore. I’d say a good rule of thumb is one line per post for odd styling choices. We are not setting a hard limit, more just an expectation that our users will have the sense to know when they’ve went too far.

Point 1 - Japanese is fine, I’ll fix that as soon as I can. It’s always been logical to allow it given the franchise.

Point 2 - Some rainbow text is fine, but when it’s paragraphs and paragraphs of it, it’s an eye sore. I’d say a good rule of thumb is one line per post for odd styling choices. We are not setting a hard limit, more just an expectation that our users will have the sense to know when they’ve went too far.
But... your badge is rainbow...

I have no grudge against it!

Rule Changes Overview: August 5th, 2019
To hopefully save some of y'all some time and worry, here's a quick summary of the big changes that we made with the recent overhaul.
  1. The old Irrelevant/Repetitive Posting, Unreadable Text, and Spoilers rules have been condensed into one Disruptive Posting rule along with a couple minor additions to help clarify frequently asked questions.
  2. The old Bad Sportsmanship rule was consolidated into Baiting since they are very similar in nature.
  3. Graphic Content and Inappropriate Content were merged into the new Inappropriate Content rule.
This is not a comprehensive list since there were a lot of wording fixes or simple clarifications added that shouldn't don't affect the meaning of the rules, but hopefully it helps!

Small update this time;

8. Don't make abusive or harassing posts toward other users (Abuse and Harassment) [10 points, 4 months]

Do not reveal information about a person without their explicit permission (This includes, but not limited to; email address, home address, phone number, pictures, etc)

Basically, if information is publicly available, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom